Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by rusty_shackleford, Sep 10, 2021.

1. jackofshadows Magister

jackofshadows
    :deathclaw:
    This is WotR cringe compilation thread, not general cringe compilation.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • M'lady M'lady x 2
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Alex Arcane

Alex
    The existence of Succubi demons is not really something certain, to be sure. But whether they are real or not, the point is that the legend of them, in real life, already included that element. The reason for it is rather interesting too! Demons, being immaterial beings, don't really have any need or desire to have sex. In fact, given how much they hate us, the whole thing is probably rather repulsive for them. A demon doesn't have a body, but some can create a facsimile of it, so it is not like this is intimacy for them, but it is still demeaning for them to use their abilities to imitate an animal. At any rate, while they might be capable of making facsimiles of bodies, they don't have a human, or even an animal nature. As such, they are incapable of reproduction. The point changing between succubi and incubi then is that, as a female, the demon could steal the gametes of a men to use it to impregnate a woman.

• hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. underground nymph Savant Patron

underground nymph
    Strap Yourselves In
    A prophetic words from the first pages of the BG3 thread:

:lol:

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. jackofshadows Magister

jackofshadows
    Apparantely you aren't denying existence of demons in general, which is, well, insane enough to me. But speaking of legends - yeah, it's far more appealing approach to portray demons as some unfathomable, alien beings rather than how it was done in the setting of WotR where they're mostly quite human-like. What's more, even any fourth-wall breaking jokes and agenda pushing aside, the "base line" of it is some kind of heavily "the usual" biblical influenced fantasy world but now which had been through some seeeerious woke revision with all that misogynistic hell and other hilarious/sad shit.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. gurugeorge Arcane Patron

gurugeorge
    Strap Yourselves In
    Indoctrination only works on the weak-minded, otherwise it's just an annoyance, like a preacher preaching loudly and incessantly on the same street corner day in and day out.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Alex Arcane

Alex
    Only for a very bad definition of "weak-minded". Most people today who receive a good education are thoroughly indoctrinated into accepting materialism; either softly (that is, as what "de facto" determines how the world works) or hardly (there can be nothing that is not described by physics).

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    In the end it's not the furies or plot holes that broke people, but a mention of a Cookie.

• cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    • Math! Math! x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    It's a big mood whiplash to go from "hmmm I can't wait to rape more, been a while since my last good rapemurder" demons to "yaaaay, cookies :3" purple dragon baby.

^ Top  
  9. volklore Arcane

volklore
    Maybe just don't click the options. Are you so gay you cannot not click a gay flirting option? I get some of the InYourFace garbage of early act1 is annoying (especially the cutscene display of lesbo affection between a giant half orcess and her human partner) but if you can't refrain from clicking the obvious gay lines or refuse to click lines to violently rebuke characters who flirt with you when you do not want to, you can only blame yourself. I you tell characters to fuck off, you'll never hear about it again. It's a good thing to do if you want to avoid cringe romances as well. Would be a good lesson for real life too, or maybe you'll end up in the columns of cosmo one day writing 'I have a gaping asshole and I realize now it was rape, I didn't say no but I was under his influence' #metoo

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    While you're in the Abyss you can choose to fight in the Arena. (I'm assuming this thread foregoes any sort of spoilers)

The champion of the Arena is an Incubus. In order to place a Fatigued debuff on him, you need to search low and high for a harem of succubae to tire him out.

This feels, on one hand, a quest designed by someone with a normal mind.

And then you go onto the Owlcat latest stream, and you hear the Paizo marketing faggot say they "wanted to make the game accessible for anyone that had any preferences in genders of any kind" and that "he's so happy the game sold more than anything they dished out PnP".

Strictly speaking, rusty's right. This is just the fanbase ruining the product. That Paizo faggot just wants to make money, right? Well... the real solution is to take out romances out of the game completely, if you ask me. And then you wouldn't have to take your dick out in front of the fox. You'd just be happy there's a bug on polymorph that gives her +4 to a bunch of stats.
    Broadly speaking, rusty's wrong. Owlcat could've refused to put romances in the game.

Overall sad to see, in my opinion. The game without romances would've been an instant classic.

• not sure if serious x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • No x 1
    • Old x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. SumDrunkGuy Arcane Shitposter

SumDrunkGuy
    Wow you MFers play this shit? Good lord...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Sunri Savant

Sunri
    It's a really good game thats all.

• No No x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. SumDrunkGuy Arcane Shitposter

SumDrunkGuy
    Good for it's audience I suppose. I'm not into chicks with dicks so the game doesn't really appeal to me.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Sunri Savant

Sunri
    there are 0 characters llike that in the game.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. SumDrunkGuy Arcane Shitposter

SumDrunkGuy
    Oh rly? Wtf is that shit in the OP? Looks like typical leftist peadophilia to me. Are you saying that's not in the game? Are you suggesting my eyes are lieing to me? Are you doing what every leftist scumbag does and trying to convince me that you disgusting scumbags aren't trying to rape kids and make them mentally ill? Fuck every single one of you scumbags. More and more people are waking up to this shit and eventually you will hang. Fuck you sick fucks.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Sunri Savant

Sunri
    [​IMG]

This? this is a guy that pretend to be a girl so he is a crossdresser? not a girl with pp and this is the only dialog about it hidden behind grey dialogue option and hard skillcheck you really need to dig this out so its not showed in your face at all.
    [​IMG]

• honk honk! x 3
    • cuck x 2
    • Disgusting! x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Nano Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Nano
    Drag queens still identify as men. That character is a (pre-op?) tranny.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    - There are zero characters like that
    - Okay there is one but he's actually a pansexual demiboy treblenimbus, not a queerneutral greysexual protogirl so your terminology was incorrect
    - Okay there are a few more but what about it?
    - Okay the game's cast is straight out of a san francisco parade but a REAL FAN would talk about the game

• Funny Funny x 22
    • Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Theodora Arcane Patron

Theodora
    i dunno if using 21st century descriptions of sex and gender for a high fantasy setting is all that helpful in any respect tbh (not saying there's an obviously more useful way to describe it either)

• Begone thot! Begone thot! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Fowyr Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    She is a fucking serial killer with daddy issues that wants to fuck you (if your character is male) just on the cooling body of her last victim.
    Deal with it. You always could kill/snitch/exile her yourself.
    It's just a one character.
    It reminds me about people who think that Fallout 2 is chok-full of Easter eggs and jokes and doesn't have anything else.

I need to check my Sinistrari's De Daemonialitate et Incubis et Succubis. All I clearly remember now is the description of properties of incubi seed. :M

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Alex Arcane

Alex
    Or, even better, I can deal with it by simply not playing the game...

Yeah, it has many more different types of silliness, like a teenage drug chemist, exploding toilets, etc.

But, being serious, this is not really my point. I haven't played this game and I doubt I will; I can't really say if all the cringe in this thread spoils it or not. But I can say it shouldn't be there. My point then was arguing that using this internal logic to justify these characters makes no sense. Hey, among all those adventurers rampaging around killing monster, some are bound to be serial killers. And among those some are bound to also be nymphomaniacs. That is besides the point; by internal logic, there are bound to be spells for cleaning up after the bathroom break, but they aren't in the game since it wouldn't make sense from the perspective of the designer to waste time with something like this.

No idea what that is, but the whole point of the issue was that there is no such thing as "incubi seed".

^ Top  
  22. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    Hey, long time no see, Alex. I see you went absolutely, completely insane in the meantime

• M'lady M'lady x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Alex Arcane

Alex
    Hello, Grunker.

Not at all. I still cling to sanity and I will never accept obviously false statements as true: like, say "intelligence can be reduced to an algorithm." or "Gurps 4e's character point design is an improvement upon the previous versions".

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Orud Learned Patron

Orud
    Strap Yourselves In
    He drank a magical potion to be permanently changed into a female body. For all intents and purposes she should now, biologically, be completely female. Something that magic was needed for and, in my own personal opinion, is not possible with actual trans people.

Still, it's a technically and not the author's intent behind that character. But it's still an important technically for me none the less.

^ Top  
  25. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    :lol: good to see you man

(regardless of your obvious descend into the depths of "succubi are real"-levels of stark-raving madness)

• M'lady M'lady x 2
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.