Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Wrathfinder builds general

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Conan, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Conan Educated

Conan
    High time we start a dedicated thread for builds and stuff.

Haven't played around with builds a lot yet, as it's quite overwhelming what with 100 archetypes.

For starters, I guess a melee wham-bam-thank-you-maam build probably has Rowdy at its core,
    right?

Right now I am playing a Pala 2, Rowdy X aasimar and he fooken owns everything. Gave him the Ghost touched Phantom Falchion, and now he's a whirlwind of destruction with Enlarge person.

^ Top  
  2. Shaki Learned

Shaki
    You want melee wham bam, pick literally whatever melee class and go trickster mythic path, easy mode. It's actually cool that unlike Kingmaker you don't need munchkin builds, can just go pure barb or warrior and be viable on higher difficulties, thanks to Trickster mythic being braindead OP and making up for all the vulnerabilities they have.

As for classes themselves, Mutation Warrior/Instinctual Warrior are insanely strong melees

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Game clearly favor melee , by chapter 4 plenty of +5 weapons with extra abilities like AOE nukes and so on... For caster you get a quicken greater metamagic rod at best , and eventually something to improve summons , aka not undeads...Not to mention the game like to put you on frontline after some cutscenes , not giving you the time to pre cast sumons. The specific lich spells are great however and i rather use a maximized blood feast than a banshee wail.Far more micro for casters too in a game made for rtwp.

^ Top  
  4. The Great Deceiver Trickster Patron

The Great Deceiver
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I'm thinking about making a Cavalier build for Seelah. The basic idea is to get a charge in with a longspear, which will hopefully crit, triggering Cleave and Outflank, at that point she will switch to a longsword and a shield to tank (She already starts out with a Shield Focus and Dodge, so taking advantage of that as well); when an opening will present itself, she'll charge with the longspear again (I know that there's no Quick Swap feat sadly).

So here's the preliminary build idea:

2. Paladin (improving cavalier's inferior will and reflex saves).
    3. Gendarme until the end (build is quite feat starved). Order of the Sword (for the increased charge damage and improved critical attack rolls). Feats: Weapon Focus: Longspear, Power Attack. Charisma ->16
    4. Saves: Lawful (Will),
    5. Feats: Outflank, Cleave
    6. -
    7. Feats: Cleaving Finish
    8. Feats: Great Cleave. Strength ->19
    9. Feats: Improved Cleaving Finish
    10. Feats: Mounted Combat
    11. Feats Spirited Charge, Improved Critical: Longspear
    12. Strength ->20
    13. Feats: Critical Focus
    14. Feats: Staggering Critical
    15. Feats: Indomitable Mount
    16. Strength ->21
    17. Feats: Mounted Shield, Armor Focus: Heavy
    18. -
    19. Feats: Shield Wall
    20. Feats: Shake It Off. Strength ->22

Thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    ^ Top  
  5. Stoned Ape Learned

Stoned Ape
    Outflank looks very late to me. Would personally try to pick it up as early as possible on every melee warrior, even if it means delaying other things.

Also, by getting improved cleaving finish at level 14 I don't think you're going to get all that much use out of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. The Great Deceiver Trickster Patron

The Great Deceiver
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Thanks, edited the original post. How does it look like right now? Spirited Charge is a bit late, but Improved Cleaving Finish is now at level 9. Defensives all come later.

^ Top  
  7. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Cavalier is cool on the paper , but your main advantages and bonus are on charge , while you could have constantly the same bonus with a mutation warrior for exemple . Most often line of sight for charge is blocked , it triggers attack of opportunities, looking cool and all but not efficient .

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Sharpedge Savant

Sharpedge
    Here is my character build from my current solo run, on solo hard. Keep in mind, its possible to make a much better character for party play, so if you are planning to play in a group, don't copy this. I am also not convinced that some of the choices I made are good for a solo character either, but hey, I made them for the memes and the character has worked out well.

Show Spoiler

Race: Angelkin Aasimar
    Strength: 18
    Dexterity: 7
    Constitution: 9
    Intelligence: 14
    Wisdom: 8
    Charisma: 20
    On the road to 20 I put 4 points into Strength and 1 point into Constitution.
    Alignment: Lawful Good.
    Class 1: Oracle 15.
    Class 2: Sacred Fist Monk 2.
    Class 3: Paladin 2.
    Class 4: Loremaster 1.
    Feats taken on level up (In no particular order): Weapon Focus Quarterstaff, Power Attack, Cleave, Cleaving Finish, Great Cleave, Improved Cleaving Finish, Skill Focus Trickery, Enduring Spell, Boon Companion, Wings.
    Feats taken from Monk: Crane Style, Improved Initiative.
    Feats taken from Loremaster: Greater Weapon Focus (this was a meme choice, its obviously not worth a level dip for this).
    Oracle Revelations, in order: Animal Companion (I picked wolf, but I think horse is probably better), Nature's Whispers, Ice Armour, Fluid Nature, Icy Skin.
    Oracle Mystery: Nature.
    Oracle Mystery 2: Waves (From Mythic Feats).
    Oracle Curse 1: Lame.
    Oracle Curse 2: Powerless Prophecy (Take this from the mythic feat only, its important because the downside is super bad otherwise).
    Skills: Max Trickery and Perception and put 3 points into mobility, the rest spread between Persuasion, Use Magic Device and Religion.
    And here are some pictures of the finished Character, including the mythic feats. The "unallocated" feat was taking Oracle Curse 2.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quick Summary of Advantages/Disadvantages:
    Show Spoiler

+ Has 92 AC in Combat (some of the conditionals are not shown on the character sheet).
    + Can clear entire zones without resting.
    + Has a lot of immunities. Fire, Ice, Negative Energy and potentially Acid if you use the cloak for it. Almost all negative statuses (nauseated etc).
    + Has really high saves for anything which it is not immune to.
    + From A5 onwards, most of your spells are quickened.
    + Most of your attacks are made at full AB and you have a high enough AB to hit most enemies in the game, even on unfair.
    + For the very few enemies which you cannot hit reliably, you have the angel nuke spells like Bolt of Justice. Since you are not casting spells frequently, you will have them available often enough to use them in these circumstances.
    + The character has an animal companion, which allows for mounted combat and makes many fights much easier.
    - There is a bug which is affecting this build currently where it will just randomly stop using its basic attacks. The character will still have a full round of actions and will still perform actions like move or cast a full round spell, but for 2-3 rounds it will just refuse to attack with abilities. The bug starts occurring when you get the angelic halo upgrades, so I suspect that it has something to do with that. I think you would be able to solo from A3 onwards on unfair with this character, I was able to up until this bug started occurring and then I had to lower the difficulty to hard as a result of it.
    - Obviously a lot of the multiclassing is silly.
    - The character is designed for solo, not group play.

My thoughts on stuff I would improve if I would ever try this character again.
    Show Spoiler

1. Get rid of the Loremaster meme level, get rid of the paladin levels, go 19 oracle 1 monk level. The paladin level was nice for smite evil on the occasional boss fight, but the saves you can get just from the oracle spell so it isn't really worth taking.
    2. Take a horse instead of a Wolf. Horses are faster than wolves.
    3. Potentially try an armoured version of this, without the monk level at all. It would have slightly lower AC and would be built completely differently, but should offer a fun alternative.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Just take fauchard or glaive instead of longspear. Longspear progression is not good enough.

You don't need to tank because while mounted your horse will take all the beating (unless aoe spells) So no need to take shield or armor feats. You can try shield bash instead with a scimitar or long sword (for holy avenger )too but that'll mean goodbye to cleaving line. But that kind of build is better with pounce.

For mount you can go either barding route or trip troute. Either way don't forget to raise its INT 3 at level 4 for better feat selection. Also I think both you and the mount need mounted combat and indominatable feats to work. Mine never worked...

Edit: My first MC is a Mad Dog 12/Gendarme 8. Mad dog for juicy pounce with greater beast totem at 12. Used scimitar with shield for shield bash. When raging I killed enemies in one charge and if its a crit (400+ damage) most of the attacks go waste if there are no enemies nearby :D 6 attacks normally but with crits come free shield bashes.

After level 7 I never get off from my mount, only to mount Aivu sometimes (she gets huge HP pool and faster than other mounts) Really fun build.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Sharpedge Savant

Sharpedge
    For anyone curious, I decided to throw together that Armoured Angel Oracle build for the fun of it, just to see what it looks like. Its designed for solo play, but it should be able to slot quite nicely into a group, with a couple of changes (which I will detail below).
    Show Spoiler

The Build Itself:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Enemies Trying to hit you:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You hitting enemies:
    [​IMG]

This build should work on hard-unfair just fine. Starting Attributes are:

1. 18 Strength
    2. 9 Dexterity
    3. 10 Constitution
    4. 14 Intelligence
    5. 8 Wisdom
    6. 19 Charisma.

On the road to 20, 1 point was put into Charisma and 4 points into Strength.

For skill points, the only investment which has a numerical impact on the performance of the build is 3 points into mobility, if you are using fight defensively. Other than that, I distributed my points between Perception, Trickery, Lore Religion and Use Magic Device.

This build takes the Battle Mystery and then Waves later on, when you get the mythic feat for a 2nd mystery. The Revelations it takes, in the order I took them in are Skill at Arms, Weapon Mastery, War Sight, Fluid Nature, Icy Skin and Battlecry. Its important to note that these Revelations give you a lot of feats and you do not want to take any of these feats on level up, otherwise the points are wasted. Feats provided by the Revelations are Martial Weapons Proficiency, Heavy Armour Proficiency, Weapon Focus, Improved Critical, Greater Weapon Focus, Uncanny Dodge and Dodge.

The reason the build takes extend spells is to combo with Enduring Spells and Greater Enduring Spells, allowing you to extend 1 round/level spells to 24h duration. Mythic Dodge is not a good feat, I only allocated it as a solo character runs out of good options to invest in quickly. For party play, allocate something else, for example Leading Strike.

Anyhow, in a group I would make the following changes.
    Show Spoiler

Swap out Mythic Dodge with Leading Strike. Drop the Wings feat for something else, you do not need that bonus in a party. Potentially grab the Sword of Heaven buff that shares the sword with party members, instead of the Everlasting Flame. Lower the character's intelligence score and use the points to balance out the dex and wisdom.

As far as the gear choices, I went with weapon focus in longswords because there are so many of them. In combat you can swap between using power attack and fight defensively as needed, depending on the circumstances of the fight.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Brothers, I'd appreciate some advice if you please.
    My current MC as it is during ch4:
    Show Spoiler

Nothing special. Straight Reformed Fiend, Tiefling (mandatory for the class), abyssal heritage for the tiefling, abyssal bloodline for the class (can only pick between infernal and abyssal for the class).
    This is how it looks right now, without buffs, power attack is toggled on:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pretty straight forward, Weapon Focus Scimitar, Improve Initative, Outflank, Vital Strike, Improved Critical Scimitar, Improved Vital Strike, Cleaving Finish and Shake it off. Power Attack and Cleave from the bloodline feats.
    As for mythic:
    [​IMG]
    Azata path, Limitless Rage, Last Stand, Second Bloodline Infernal (this is definitely stupid, got a few feats out of it, but I just took it for larp), Mythic Power Attack and Mythic Vital Strike. Incredible Might for Superpower.

Probably stupid build, but it worked very well so far, I really can't complain. Thing is, I'm rethinking relying on vital strike. Reasoning is as follows: Incredbile Might is +5 attack bonus and damage and scales at 1 per mythic level so I should be at +7 at the end of ch.4 so why not try instead of one big attack to go for multiple ones per round so something like this:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    Basically weapon focus in scimitars and rapiers, improved critical for both, two weapon fighting, outflank. Required a bit of stat redistribution compared to the first build as I started with just 14 dex and needed 15 on this one.
    [​IMG]
    For mythic it's basically the same thing just mythic two weapon fighting instead of mythic vital strike.
    Tbh, I just respecd to see how it would look like, I haven't tried it out and I feel weird and think I would regret abandoning the first build.

In any case, even with the first version, I'm sure I did a lot of it wrong, so please bring in the criticism.

^ Top  
  12. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    The fact that magical vestment doubles up on magical armours/shields is so cheesy. I should start using them. LMAO

^ Top  
  13. Sharpedge Savant

Sharpedge
    I haven't messed around enough with Bloodrager to be able to comment on specifics, so I can only give some general commentary. The advantage of Vital Strike is that its made at full AB and if you have a few attacks per round, its probably an upgrade over making a few attacks at decreasing AB. What you need to keep in mind is that if you switch from Vital Strike to a TWF build, whilst you will do a more consistent stream of damage, you will be much more heavily penalized by enemy DR. In general I feel unless you have sneak attack dice or a lot of weapon buffs that add additional hit die per hit, its probably not worth going with a TWF setup, so its likely you don't want to switch it up.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. CodexTotalWar Educated

CodexTotalWar
    Thanks for posting these - really informative (I'm doing an Angel run myself, but going pure class Paladin, a bit suboptimal but I thought it would be fun).

Question - how did you get 38 and 42 STR on these characters? I ask because I have roughly the same gear and am capping out at 30/34 depending on set-up, even with the +2 inherent bonus

Show Spoiler
    Is it from Nocticula's Profane Gift?

^ Top  
  15. Sharpedge Savant

Sharpedge
    No, it isn't. I feel like accepting that particular stat buff goes against the "RP" side of such a build and as of such I refused it, so you could go higher with them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Those buffs last 24h due to Enduring Spells, so you will have them up all the time.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    ^ Top  
  16. CodexTotalWar Educated

CodexTotalWar
    Thanks man. Yeah, I refused that stat buff too in my current Angel run (just didn't make sense for her character). I completely derped and forgot about Frightful Aspect or Legendary Proportions - but yeah, it all makes sense.

^ Top  
  17. Wulfric Pinewood Arbiter Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy

Wulfric Pinewood
    You should wait for Desiderius return, just sayin...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Chaotic_Heretic Arcane

Chaotic_Heretic
    Rolled a human mutagen warrior.
    18+2 dex
    14 con
    10 wis
    12+2 cha.
    10 int
    12 str
    backgrund: pickpocket for +2 initiative.

Larping Chaotic Neutral GORRUM follower

starting feats: point blank shot, precise shot, rapid shot. before getting a throwing axe he was sissy crossbowman then one axe with a shield. maze was over and woke up after a blind bitch screws me over. not reading any shit cause owlcat paizo faggotry there. basically plan twf and ranged feat hurling machine. 4+3 from twf+1 rapid shot+1 haste per full attack.

tabletop tweaks mod has n advanced weapon training feature which allows you to get warpriest scaling with a single weapon. so should be deadly damage dealer relying on drugs and throwing up in late game.

was thinking of legend, get arcane enforcer or archeolgist etc.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    ^ Top  
  19. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    There are especially nice shruikens in game also javelins. Javelin throw animation is fun with a lot of attacks .

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Chaotic_Heretic Arcane

Chaotic_Heretic
    Can't find shurikens with Toybox, whereas there are like 15+ throwing axes.
    Javelins aren't light (and neither are darts surprisingly...) so TWF with them has more penalties

Anyways here is the test build. Mods used: TOybox (for levelup and equips), Tabletop tweaks (has some options for Advanced Weapon Training and bloodrager bloodlines)

Started with half-orc human raised (for +2 skill points/level) and 7 str/18+2dex/14 con/14 int/10 wis/12 cha, pickpocket background, feats point blank shot and precise shot.

Ended with this
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attacks are 4 (BAB)+1 haste +1 Rapidshot = 6 in MH and 3 Greater TWF in OFfhand for total of 9 attacks per round at 30 feet range.
    The Temp HP is False life greater + Bloodrage bonus.
    Equips: +8 perfection belt and hat, +8 bracers of armor, +6 natural Armor Necklace, +6 ring of deflection, +6 cloak of resistance and +5 throwing axe (eye gouger) in MH and +4 throwing axe (nordic welcome) in offhand.
    Note that the stats are with self-buff, mutagen, said equips, bloodrage and grand mutagen. if you add a Bard, a skald with lethal stance, a Judge, a brown fur transmuter etc... these stats will become even more hilarious

Bloodrager bloodlines (Destined and Aberrant) chosen for immunity to as many statuses and always active blindsight, critical hit / sneak attack immunity etc. Not to mention that Destined gives +5 luck bonus to AC and saves.
    No Primalist bloodline to rage power swap was doen as I think the immunities are better. (and u can get a skald to give you totems/stances)
    Mythic abilities are Endless rage @ lvl1 and Extra mythic ability:Second Bloodrager Bloodline - Aberrant bloodline

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    MC on my first run:
    Show Spoiler

Gear. Some buffs going on here.
    [​IMG]
    Unbuffed
    [​IMG]
    Feats
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mythic. Azata path.
    [​IMG]

The tl;dr version is this - Tiefling, Abyssal heritage, Reformed Fiend with Abyssal bloodline. Main feats are the Vital Strike line coupled with Mythic Vital Strike and Cleaving Finish. Power Attack and Cleave come from bloodline feats. Attack rolls buffed by Bloodrage enhanced by Abyssal rage bonus and Hatred Against Evil for a total of +11 AB at level 20. Bloodrage you have from the beginning and Hatred kicks in at level 5* so you can rely on them for almost all the game.

Superpowers from the Azata path - Incredible Might as the first one. +1 attack roll and damage for every mythic rank. Earliest is at Mythic 4 so in this regard it's an instant Greater Heroism. Morale buff so doesn't stack with Heroism/Good Hope/Heroic Invocation etc. But, as mentioned at the earliest it matches and quickly outpaces the morale buffs - you basically end with 2 and a half Heroic Invocations stacked on top of eachother.

Supersonic Speed for perma haste and 20% enemy miss chance**. Endurance for quick healing and the final superpower Friendship just because I didn't know what else to take and some free teamwork buff is OK (though the last superpower comes in so late it doesn't really matter for much).

Damage - 300+ when not reduced on regular Vital Strike. 1000+ on crits***.

Mythic feats and abilities - unlimited rage asap, mythic vital strike most important. Last stand just in case I get killed. Mythic Power Attack for moar damage. Mythic Crit for moar damage.

Went with Scimitars because there are some good ones in the game and I wanted a weapon with 18-20 crit range for Improved Critical feat.

Tactics are braindead easy - buff, go in and Vital Strike. If it dies you get another Vital Strike on an adjacent enemy due to Cleaving Finish.

On core, I was very satisfied with how this gal ran from start to end. In terms of AB, as you can see, even unbuffed you have a pretty good change of hitting most things, especially when considering you add another +11 just from raging and you can quick cast True Strike for the moments when you really need to be sure you hit the target.

Notes:
    Reformed Fiend works. However, I think if were to do this run again, I would rather take Primalist instead for reasons below:

This is related to the first * - Hatred Against Evil is fucking wonky. From level 5 which was in ch.1 towards the end of ch.3 it varied from +1 AB to +4 AB without rhyme or reason. From the end of ch.3 to beginning of ch.5 it stopped working altogether. From halfway ch.5 to the end, it went to +5 despite the description saying +1 at level 5 and +1 every 5 levels after - patch related, I don't think it has anything to do with the chapters, I just mentioned them to give an overall view of my experience.

Not sure how the hell the DR works. Admittedly I haven't payed much attention to the combat log, but, if I read the rules correctly, DR/Evil is actually bypassed by evil, so I figure that every demon and their grandmother has it's attacks considered evil so your DR is useless.

Most feats from the bloodlines are not great and Infernal pretty much sucks so I would trade them for rage powers. I did take power attack and cleave from the abyssal bloodline extra feats but I could easily dump weapon focus for power attack and improved initiative for cleave. It would also open Second Bloodlines mythic for a reasonably good bloodline since Reformed Fiend is stuck with either Abyssal or Infernal, so pretty much only Abyssal.

So, I think that Rage Powers + actually useful 2nd bloodline > Reformed Fiend specific class powers.

** - If I read the superpower description correctly, it's not supposed to be an illusion effect, but when the enemy misses you, it says concealment. Big take from this, and I didn't pay enough attention to figure it out is whether it activates against True Sight. I say it should, but need to test it further in the game.

*** - I considered here https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/wrathfinder-builds-general.140047/#post-7513203 to try a dual class build thinking I could benefit from the massive Incredible Might bonus on iterative attacks. In the end, and also thanks to Sharpedge's advice**** I didn't and I'm glad I didn't because blowing up things in one strike on full BAB attacks was fun and also very useful.

**** btw brother, I'm shamelessly copying your Oracle/Angel build for my current run. Just some slight modifications to feats (dropped Armor Focus and Shield Focus for Outflank and Deceitful) since I'm doing Core with party. Just finished Drezen. Works great, can't wait to see how it goes further.:greatjob:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. ga♥ Liturgist

ga♥
    Ok came up with this mostruosity.

Aasimar Angelkin (any lawful)

STR 19 > 24
    DEX 16
    CON 10
    INT 10
    WIS 10
    CHA 14

Slayer 10/Vivisectionist 3/thug 1/sorcerer cross blooded 1 (bloodline whatever dragon + whatever elemental)/Scaled fist 1/Dragon disciple 4

The idea is to start with the demon mythic ability and then go trickster two weapon fighter, get all the critical improvement on a light weapon (kukri? sai?) and leverage bloodline ascendant elemental to get immunity to critical and sneak attacks and archmage armor.

It ends with 16 BAB, but yeah at level 20, so it is still possible to get the fourth basic attack, has bite from DD, feral mutagen and demon ability.

It is completely feat starved so lot of mythic feats will be used to get "regular ones".

As trickester goes, rush knowledge arcana and perception, and then "Reuse Magic Device" to be able to use the mediocre and rare monk robes in the game (that are locked by alignment, as trickster you cannot be lawful). Doesn't work. Don't know if intended or bug, so what remains is the Persuasion tree.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Stoned Ape Learned

Stoned Ape
    Ray the Improver
    Elemental Specialist 5/Eldritch Knight 5/Arcane trickster 10
    Elf (for Elven Magic and + Dex, Int)

(as many odd stats as possible to benefit from trickster +1 to belts and headbands via arcana trick 1)
    STR 7
    DEX 17
    CON 13
    INT 20 (+5)
    WIS 7
    CHA 12

Skills: Mobility, Trickery, Knowledge: Arcana, Perception, Use Magic Device (+ Stealth)

Level 1-5 Elementalist Wizard (cold), 6-10 Eldritch Knight (needed to get BAB for Imp Crit at 15), 11-20 Arcane Trickster

1 Spell Focus (Evocation). Gt Spell Focus (Evocation)
    3 Spell Penetration
    5 Martial Weapon Proficiency. Gt Spell Penetration
    6 Point Blank Shot (Eldritch Knight Bonus)
    7 Elemental Focus: Cold
    9 Gt Elemental Focus Cold
    10 Precise Shot (Eldritch Knight Bonus)
    11 Empower Spell*
    13 Completely Normal Spell**
    15 Improved Critical: Ray
    17 Improved Improved Critical: Ray
    19 Improved Improved Improved Critical: Ray***

* Optional feat. You might want something else instead.

** You should be able to get Completely Normal Spell at level 11 if you hold off leveling up until after you get to mythic rank 4.

Mythic Abilities:
    Bit of Fun
    1 Ascendant Element: Lightni... no, it's Cold, obviously.
    3 Enduring Spells
    5 Gt. Enduring Spells
    7 Rupture Restraints
    9 Abundant Casting^

^ would prefer something else but not sure what to go for that offers as much value, especially when you get to the end game

Mythic Feats:
    2 School Mastery: Evocation
    4 Mythic Spell Penetration
    6 Mythic Spell Focus: Evocation
    8 Mythic Crit: Ray
    9 Feat: Improved Improved Improved Crit Improved: Ray***

*** These might end up the other way around depending upon when you get level ups.

Trickster
    3 Knowledge: Arcana Trick (1)
    4 Perception Trick (1,2)
    5 Trickery Trick (1)
    6 UMD Trick (1,2)
    7 Knowledge: World Trick (1), UMD Trick (3)
    8 Stealth Trick (1), Knowledge: World Trick (2)
    9 Mobility Trick (1), Trickery Trick (2)
    10 Knowledge: World Trick (1), Trickery Trick (3)

1st wizard spell book: Caster level 19 (+1 for Evocation), second wizard spell book caster level 20 (+1 for Evocation).

Rays should crit on 1, 15-20 at x4

Delterius Meredoth any suggestions for improved improved improved improvement improved?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Meredoth Arcane

Meredoth

Amazing. How much damage does the Polar Ray + Maximized metamagic can dish with that build on a critical?

• Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Stoned Ape Learned

Stoned Ape
    It would be 504 + a huge bucket of sneak attack dice (I don't think they get maximized) + 16 dex damage.

Went for empowered spell because it feels more random and trickster-y to me.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.