Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News WTF: New turn-based RPG Demons Age looks suspiciously like Chaos Chronicles

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seeing how they ruined the graphics, I don't think that we will see any incline from them. Also, PS4 and X-Box are listed before PC... That should tell us something.
Portuguese gaming culture is very console-centric nowadays. Most gamers above the age of 30 have turned to consoles, mobile or stopped gaming altogether.
Maybe there's a relation.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Seeing how they ruined the graphics, I don't think that we will see any incline from them. Also, PS4 and X-Box are listed before PC... That should tell us something.
Even if they bought the the game with its own assets, I don't get sure they could have get the coreplay tools which can provide betters FX (lightmap, particle FX editor, game world editor).Hobgob keeps his own tools and brings them in his new house.

Here is a picture o f the Coreplay FX editor:

CC03.jpg

and now, the improved same tool of Grimlore:

screen_shadermagic.jpg

Even hobgob told us during the drama when Coreplay has been shut down that they could keep their own tools and engine

So, yes, I guess the visual downgrade is due to the lack of these extra tools

kaizoku

Arcane
Germans have fucked the portuguese economy.

Now the portuguese rape the germans' TB RPGs.

Is this justice?

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Germans European and portuguese leaders have fucked the portuguese economy.

Now the portuguese rape the germans' TB RPGs.
(when they should clearly ass-rape their own politicians and hang them in the public square)

Is this justice?
Fixed

Absinthe

Arcane
Rise from your grave. The incline never dies.
I'm nowhere near that optimistic. Even a good combat system can get buried underneath a load of shit encounters and a designer who believes that failure is too frustrating for players so it's better to dumb down everything. They may have the Chaos Chronicles engine and assets, but I have my doubts whether they have any of the spirit.

Last edited:

Koschey

Arcane
Wow, nothing says "We're really passionate about this project, it's not just some cynical cashgrab!" like stitching it together from the corpse of another dev's sadly unfinished game.

This is more depressing than assholes necroing the Chaos Chronicles thread all the time.:negative:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Are we certain they're even using the same engine? Maybe it's something they hacked together around the assets?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If someone was to film a documentary about this thing, it would end up more confusing than Chinese martial arts movies from the 70s.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom