Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

praetor

Arcane
shouldn't this be in "Space games"?

Perkel

Arcane
Ego didn't say anything since that time. I hope it goes well.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I see that you're a true X series fan, rating people Retarded for rightly naming space highways as irredeemably cancerous trash.
I am an X series fan, but space highways ARE irredeemably cancerous trash. Along with pretty much everything else introduced in Stillbirth.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
You do know this is Egosoft right?
Have you learned nothing from any of their releases?
The game is going to be butchered on launch and it will take a long time until everything is fixed.
Egosoft has always been Early Access before EA was a thing.
Except for when it's so shit it can never be fixed. Like Stillbirth.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Try what? Are you just one of those full time cunts that have to argue about nothingness on the internet, no matter what anyone says?

This isn't the Youboob comment section you know.

praetor

Arcane
c'mon guys, chill... let's be united in our hate for Stillbirth, not each other :) (i know, i know... this is the codex and shit)

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I don't get why people are so hyped about X4, while at the same time saying X:Rebirth was total and utter shit. The only real difference between X4 and X:Rebirth is, that you can control all types of ships, instead of only one. And that's about it. Everything else (economy, station building, fleet building) is the same.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
I don't get why people are so hyped about X4, while at the same time saying X:Rebirth was total and utter shit. The only real difference between X4 and X:Rebirth is, that you can control all types of ships, instead of only one. And that's about it. Everything else (economy, station building, fleet building) is the same.
That's already massive incline, but if true, X5:X4 will also be shit.

Raapys

Arcane
Ships also offer a variety of upgrades. Engines, weapons and other equipment can be added in a graphical editor and actually seen on the ship.
X4 will be the first X game to allow our races and factions to freely build and expand their empires; the same flexibility the player enjoys in creatively designing space stations from modular building blocks is also available to them. Races expand their empire based on supply and demand, which leads to an extremely dynamic universe where every action the player makes can influence the course of the entire universe.
Now with X4, we have taken another, massive step. For the first time in any X game, all parts of the NPC economy are manufactured from resources. Ships, weapons, upgrades, ammo and even stations. You name it. Everything comes out of the simulated economy.

If they can actually do all this, then this will be the first significant improvement to the series since X1's expansion pack(which introduced most of the stuff the series is known for).

Gone's the shitty "move a slider" upgrade system, the scripted AI faction interactions and the magically appearing wares.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Try what? Are you just one of those full time cunts that have to argue about nothingness on the internet, no matter what anyone says?

This isn't the Youboob comment section you know.

Telling me that sarcasm doesn't really translate well when the actual reason it flew over your head is that you misread/skimmed what I wrote will prompt a response from me, yes.

Naturally, this is all my fault for having the temerity to point out your oversight, and not yours for being in error.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm okay with it being an autistic space jew simulator again. Although I'd like them to work on the combat a bit.

Perkel

Arcane
Looks fucking amazing, i wonder when they plan to release it...

racofer

Thread Incliner
No matter how great the game is, it will most likely incorporate the worst DRM possible at launch and be riddled with bugs, following Egosoft tradition.

Hopefully it will at some point be salvaged into something as cool as X2, though.

Perkel

Arcane
No matter how great the game is, it will most likely incorporate the worst DRM possible at launch and be riddled with bugs, following Egosoft tradition.

Hopefully it will at some point be salvaged into something as cool as X2, though.

?? Egosoft never introduced anything more than just copy protection... They even give you no_steam.exe for their older games

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
37811284_1856116321101347_8484105532674670592_o.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom