Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Xbox360 - final verdict

Ok, X360 is now dirty cheap and I consider buying it as replacement for my dying PS3.

Question is - how would you guyz rate this console after years, especially comparing to PS3?

PS3 has more exclusive but they're mainly just popamole like Uncharted or Last of Us. I've also heard that multiplats were mostly better on Xbox than PS3.

List of worthy X360 exlusives is pretty unkown to me, Bullet Witch from mighty Cavia has been already ported to PC via Steam but there are still Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and...?

Which console was moar reliable hardware wise?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm not a console gamer but from what I've read and such the Xbox 360 had very few exclusives that weren't on PC compared to the PS3. Same for Xbox One and PS4. So assuming you're a PC gamer since you're posting here, replacing your PS3 would seem to be the better choice.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Early revisions of both the PS3 and X360 were susceptible to hardware failures (overheating, solder fractures). The Slimmed-down versions all worked flawlessly though.

Most X360 exclusives have been (or will be, in the case of Halo) ported to PC anyway. Might wanna try out Xenia first (https://xenia.jp/) to try your luck before shelling out money on some fossil hardware.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The X-Box has always been a shit console.
The first X-Box was the best console of it's generation in terms of hardware, something both the 360 and ONE can't brag about - the 360 is well know for dying out of the blue.
In terms of software, specially exclusives, the X-Box was and still is shit - the only exceptions are Ninja Gaiden Black for the OG XBox and Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360.
In conclusion don't waste your money on fucking home consoles. The PS3 was the last good one and now there's working emulators for both the PS3 and the 360.

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
Xbawks 360 had Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo 3 & Gears of War. There's probably some Japanese games on it that were exclusive. All those games are now playable on the One/One X though with better framerate. Why not get that instead?

Squid

Arbiter
I'd say in a retrospective sense, the PS3 will offer more variety and games overall. 360 was for Halo 3 and Gears of War and kids sending you threats over Xbox Live because you beat them in Halo or CoD. The only difference in performance I'm aware of is that Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas will eventually crash all the time when your save file gets too big on PlayStation 3 whereas the 360 handles it better but I'd assume you aren't playing those on a console. Any other differences I'm not aware of really.

hellbent

Augur
If you have to own just one at this point, the PS3 is probably better due to it having more exclusive titles. It also plays BluRay discs, so if you don't use the system that much, you can always just use it as a media player. Plus if you are PC gaming, you probably are already using a XBOX controller, so playing the PS3 gives you a different feel. Since you mentioned reliability is a concern - hardware wise, the original slim is probably your best bet. While the super slim has a manually opening disc tray (saving wear and tear), it has an inferior cooling system to the original slim. If you get a super slim, make sure you have room for it to blow hot air out of the back wherever you set it up.

The only benefits to the XBOX 360 anymore are the controller (if you prefer the MS style) and the ability to install games to the hard drive, which cuts down on the wear on the DVD drive.

Onionguy

Educated
I haven't played all these games, but they all seem at least noteworthy:

Xbox:
Ninja Gaiden Black
Otogi 1&2
Panzer Dragon Orta
Phantom Dust
Splinter Cell Double Agent ( original Xbox and Xbox360/Ps3/PC version are worlds apart, the next gen one was made by some Chinese outsourcing company, whereas classic xbox game was developed by the original SC team, and is pretty much as good as Chaos Theory.)
Crimson Skies
Jet Set Radio Future
Dead or Alive 3
+ a few multiplatforms that are better on xbox than PS2 like Fatal Frame 1/2, Black, Burnout Revenge, Mortal Kombat games, Time Splitters games etc.....

Xbox 360
Ninja Gaiden 2
Lost Odyssey
Nier (also PS3)
Big library of Cave shmups

Swigen

Arbiter
I think you should go with the 360, you’ll appreciate the extra grass in GTA 5 and the dust in Rainbow Six Vegas.

Don Peste

Arcane
America%27sArmyTrueSoldiers%28Full%29.jpg
Banjo-Kazooie_Nuts_%26_Bolts_Game_Cover.jpg
BombActZerobox.jpg
Destroy_All_Humans%21_Path_of_the_Furon_cover.jpg
FuzionFrenzy2Cover.jpg
Perfect_Dark_Zero_Coverart.png
Too_Human.jpg

More here (unmark everything except "Full", look at the Retail column only): https://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-360
It's not perfect, though, and it's a bit outdated... And I see they are missing one actually good game for some reason: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom.

sullynathan

Arcane
I remember playing too humans demo and it sure was weird. Perfect dark is pretty fun though. Dead rising 2 case zero is also quite good but pretty short. You're better off playing the full dead rising 2

https://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-360
It's not perfect, though, and it's a bit outdated... And I see they are missing one actually good game for some reason: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Some of this list might not be current. Shadow complex is now on pc and current consoles

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I think you should go with the 360, you’ll appreciate the extra grass in GTA 5 and the dust in Rainbow Six Vegas.

Rainbow Six Vegas was real widescreen on Xbox but required a hack that didn't change the HUD on PC. I remember that pissed me off at the time.

I'm pretty much done with most of worthy PS3 exclusives but if X360 hasn't got any hidden obscure wapanese gems I'll better pass with this one.

You can play both Ninja gaiden Black and Ninja gaiden 2 on Xbox one X in 4K 60 FPS so fuck that console.

For now, Xbone looks like completely pointless stuff, maybe if prices drop down to under 100$ for basic version I'll buy it to have every 3 Xbox generation in one place. Is it even possible to use it offline?

Codex Year of the Donut
The X-Box has always been a shit console.
I'd actually argue this is due to a west vs east divide on PC gaming. Japan seems to(at least until very recently) ignore PC as a gaming platform whatsoever. Whereas western developers either plan for PC at release or target PC first. Xbox ends up having very few exclusives(esp. third party).
I'd argue Microsoft gets the "not as bad of a guy as they could have been" award here. Nothing was stopping them from being asses like Epic is right now and just buying exclusives with their infinite money.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Japan seems to(at least until very recently) ignore PC as a gaming platform whatsoever.

That was always kind of interesting to me.
I think it's had to due with the fact that the: PC was always seem more like a work tool; console market is indeed very strong there; the PC has this reputation of being played mostly for those hentai games.
And I'm sure the biggest reason they now publish their games for the PC is mostly for the western market, since in the last few years the PC has more software sales than any other platform (I think this partly due to Steam's popularity).

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
A couple of years ago, I bought a PS3 used on eBay with about 10 choice games (including Demon Souls) and didn't regret it. I have a modded original Xbox with a 1TB hard drive that's filled to the brim with games that I just need to mod further for Dolby 5.1 that's also a fun console.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom