Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Xbox360 - final verdict

Dunno how it is in your countries guys but here in Poland those Xboxes 360 are still stelling like hotcakes on auction sites, is there any pioece of hardware that gives you better value/price ratio (besides PC) than X360?

Ash

Arcane
The X-Box has always been a shit console.
The first X-Box was the best console of it's generation in terms of hardware, something both the 360 and ONE can't brag about - the 360 is well know for dying out of the blue.
In terms of software, specially exclusives, the X-Box was and still is shit - the only exceptions are Ninja Gaiden Black for the OG XBox and Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360.
In conclusion don't waste your money on fucking home consoles. The PS3 was the last good one and now there's working emulators for both the PS3 and the 360.

Quoted for hardcore fucking facts. Although I don't consider the PS3 a good system either. It was a decline-era machine, most games for it also sucked, it had hardware failings, it was notoriously difficult for devs to work with and so the 360 and PC versions of multiplat games always turned out better, and for some reason updates would take a century.

Japan seems to(at least until very recently) ignore PC as a gaming platform whatsoever.

That was always kind of interesting to me.
I think it's had to due with the fact that the: PC was always seem more like a work tool; console market is indeed very strong there; the PC has this reputation of being played mostly for those hentai games.
And I'm sure the biggest reason they now publish their games for the PC is mostly for the western market, since in the last few years the PC has more software sales than any other platform (I think this partly due to Steam's popularity).

You're missing something. Japan was console gaming central. Nintendo revived the console market in the 80s. Sony's playstation was hot shit and brought games to the compact disc in the 90s. Before that games were on cartridges and floppy discs.
Too bad, back when console and PC gaming was awesome, then Microsoft and PC devs dipped their fat fingers into the opposing market and ruined everything for everyone. Shameless sellout cunts. I mean, it was bound to happen, where there is money to be made greedy assholes will take advantage by any means necessary, but it didn't have to be so universally sudden. It was almost like it was a collective effort to dumb down games.

I remember playing too humans demo and it sure was weird. Perfect dark is pretty fun though. Dead rising 2 case zero is also quite good but pretty short. You're better off playing the full dead rising 2
Xbawks 360 had ... Halo 3 & Gears of War.

How old are you? I can tell you're young. I'm going to guess you grew up with the xbox and had little to no prior experience and thus your whole perspective is tainted. I'm sorry Microsoft and sellout cunts gave you a very lame childhood.

Last edited:
Honestly the backwards compatibility of the newest XBOX kinda has me tempted to get one. I miss those old 360 arcade games. I get a jonesing for a round of Omega Five or Hard Corps: Uprising sometimes that's left eternally unsated.

Ash

Arcane
WTF bro? Just a few posts above 360 emulation was claimed to be in fully functional order.

Machocruz

Arcane
360 was ass. Peak Age of Decline. And PS3 was only slightly better. It was the MGS4 machine -a disappointment in itself- until Demon's Souls came out. A desert of brianlet third party games outside of that. Both systems were the only two I ever had crap out on me.

Ash

Arcane
Dunno how it is in your countries guys but here in Poland those Xboxes 360 are still stelling like hotcakes on auction sites, is there any pioece of hardware that gives you better value/price ratio (besides PC) than X360?

How about just any piece of hardware? How about a fucking hammer, which you can then use to smash up the piece of shit 360. More entertaining than playing any of its exclusives. Sure it has some good games on it (e.g Dark Souls) but that was ported to the PC. Everything decent on it which isn't much is on the PC (or PS3) too. Now if we're talking which console specifically has the most value, that's easy: PS2. You get access to the whole PS2 and more notably the PS1 library, which is golden.

mogwaimon

Magister
WTF bro? Just a few posts above 360 emulation was claimed to be in fully functional order.

this is wrong, the Xbox One's backwards compatibility is missing a number of games and Xenia is nowhere near complete. And while there isn't a lot that's missing there's still a few decent games on the 360 that are worth playing that aren't on the One. There were a number of Cave shmups that got pretty good 360 ports in Japan for instance, Guardian Heroes from the Saturn got a XBLA release, the Dead Rising 2 Case Zero/West episodes never made it to any other platform AFAIK, there's probably more that I'm missing because the XBox Live Arcade games had a ton of obscure but decent stuff on it

[retadred]Also you don't get access to the whole PS2 library on the PS3 unless you can specifically procure one of the earliest models. They ripped out the hardware PS2 support in later revisions of the console and replaced it with software emulation to cut down on costs and now if you have a newer PS3 you can only play the PS2 games which they've made available to repurchase on their storefront. Perhaps this is different now with the PS3 hacking scene but I've been out of the game for a while and haven't kept track of developments[/retadred]

ignore the retadred paragraph above please I misread PS2 as PS3

Last edited:

Eisen

Learned
360 is a good machine for homebrews

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom