Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress Xeno-ITZ: Ultimate doom expansion set for Kodexia

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Ulminati, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Ladies and Gentlemen-Transitioned-Into-Ladies, I bring you:

[​IMG]

List of updates
    Prologue: The Day ITZ Came (This post)
    Update #1 : Babys first ground combat
    Update #2 : More light scouts
    The Barracks

Recruitment Pool (open)
    In chronological order:
    Imperator
    profreshinal
    Cassidy
    Pocketmine
    Angthoron
    Smashing Axe
    Zdzisiu
    MotherMachinae
    Flying Spaghetti Monster
    Lightbane
    Unkillable Cat
    Roxorowski
    Kashmir Slippers
    SmartCheetah
    Comte

Currently Serving (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Honored dead (open)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Active mods
    - Skitso's Megamix Map Pack - More maps for ground missions to keep small/medium ufos from getting repetitive.

Additional info
    - Probably abandoned by page 3. :M
    - Get drafted into the XenonITZ Defense Force by volunteering in this thread.
    - People are hired on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can request a role, but I will ignore it. Recruits will most likely get to serve as Shieldmaidens. Promotion happens only upon extrodinary (A)wesome or the death of a more senior team member.
    - By volunteering you also sign a waiver allowing me to clone you in the event of chronic lack of recruits.
    - Cloning happens only so long as noone has signed up in the recruitment queue. Whoever's been dead the longest gets revived first.
    - If we build tanks dreadnoughts, they will be crewed by the remains of a fallen battlebrother. Pilots will be chosen on the basis of most kills achieved before dying.
    - Difficulty will be Veteran. The LP will be Ironman, but Ironman will be turned off in-game. It would suck if some random glitch borked the ironman save.
    - Format will be screenshots and text for ground missions. I may stream bits of missions, but the feed won't go into the LP.
    - I may stream an air combat or two, since it's a RTwP thing.
    - If a mission is super uneventful (no-one dies, no new UFOs, aliens or items), I'll gloss over the details and just show the post-mission screen.

THE DAY ITZ CAME TO KODEXIA

Undisclosed Location, 0900 hours

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Who's that guy over there? I thought this was supposed to be a restricted area.
    [​IMG] Weren't you informed? We have a new commander. Our governments both insisted that the initiative be led by one of their countrymen. This was the compromise they agreed on.
    [​IMG] I thought we were getting a Neanderthal with titanium bones. That's what my briefing papers said.
    [​IMG] There has been no word from the bunker for weeks. We cannot wait on him any longer. For all we know, he might never emerge with the Grimoire super-weapon.
    [​IMG] He's coming over here. Quick! Bring me up to speed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Gentlemen. Let us get down to business. There are some very serious-looking men back in Washington and Moscow who will be quite cross with me if humanity becomes extinct on my watch.
    [​IMG] I've relayed your earlier instructions. As soon as you've picked a site for our first base, we will begin construction.
    [​IMG] Very good. I have just the place in mind.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Isreal? Seriously?
    [​IMG] Yes. It is an ideal position to cover a large number of funding nations. This has nothing at all to do with the large bags of silver shekels I had moved to my personal bunker earlier.
    [​IMG] But you're leaving all of America completely undefended! This is unacceptable! I must prot—
    [​IMG] Silence, insolent flesh-thing! My mind is made up and my logic is flawless. If you have any further protests, I'll have you reassigned to distraction scouting duty for the ground team!
    [​IMG] *gulp* Yes, sir!
    [​IMG] Now be a good subordinate and pass me the Xenopedia datafiles.

Xenopedia (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] What is our plan then?
    [​IMG] Our first order of business will be to shoot down one of the Xeno aircraft. And unlike our friends in NATO, we're not going to nuke it. Tempting as it may be. We need to recover it so we can study the aliens and find the best ways to kill them. We're going to need a crack team of soldiers to clear the ground site of potential alien survivors.
    [​IMG] I'll put out feelers with the special forces in NATO and the Soviet pact countries. It should be no problem finding volunteers for this glorious task.
    [​IMG] Very good. I had 2 soldiers volunteer in person already. Another 6 or so should be enough to get us started.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  2. SerratedBiz Arcane

SerratedBiz
    I volunteer once again for duty. Last time I didn't get the satisfying death scene I was hoping for.

^ Top  
  3. Tzaero DEPARTED Patron

Tzaero
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Im in, for death will never be a one time occurance.

^ Top  
  4. Yes. Arcane Patron

Yes.
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Reporting for duty

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. 34scell Savant

34scell
    I'm in, just one suggestion:

<femaleSoldierChance value="1" comment="The percent chance that a generated soldier is a female" />

^ Top  
  6. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Gimme a shield and let me at them commander! :salute:

^ Top  
  7. WhiskeyWolf RPG Codex Polish Car Thief Patron

WhiskeyWolf
    Time to die.

^ Top  
  8. Whitewolf Novice

Whitewolf
    reporting for duty, if possible as a machinegunner

^ Top  
  9. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Gief baton and jetpack and I shall rape the enemies of the Empra.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. spekkio Arcane

spekkio
    XenoCaHaL? Sign me up!

^ Top  
  11. Imperator Scholar

Imperator
    Reporting for duty

^ Top  
  12. profreshinal Arcane

profreshinal
    One shieldmaiden signing up. I expect to die by allied fire.

^ Top  
  13. Cassidy Arcane

Cassidy
    Fixed for maximum WCDS[/lyric suite]

In any case, I want in, as the closest in stats and look to the actual Fallout 2 NPC, if possible.

^ Top  
  14. PocketMine Savant Patron

PocketMine
    Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Add me to the mix

Hopefuly endgame is better balanced now storming a batleship was 3x harder then storming a carrier in v21.

^ Top  
  15. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    I'll join the defense of ITZrael.

^ Top  
  16. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Yo dawg sign me up!!! (Shieldmaiden)

^ Top  
  17. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    That was quick. :lol:

^ Top  
  18. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Spoilers! :x

(I'm in the middle of writing the update)

^ Top  
  19. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I used your very own spoilers tag bro. Don't get upset. It'll just whet the appetite.

^ Top  
  20. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    [​IMG] I have to say. I'm impressed you managed to drum up warm bodies so quickly.
    [​IMG] It turns out as long as you promise 'limitless glory', madmen come crawling out of the woodwork.
    [​IMG] Good man. Keep at it. We're going to need replacements shortly. I'm going to go down there and give them a briefing. See if I can drum up some morale. Let me know immediately if the radar picks up anything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Trannies and Gentlemen. I am Kommandant Ulminati, and I'll be overseeing you during your time here at our wonderful little subterranian bunker.
    [​IMG] Hold on! Wait a second! Why am I a woman!? I specifically requested men!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Sentiments no doubt shared by your father. But that's neither here or there. I guess you'll just have to save up for surgery. Just don't let any of your oversensitive emotions get in the way of the mission.
    [​IMG] Suck it up, sarge! You don't hear me complaining about being born a negress.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I see someone got the memo about flattery and racism being the way to earn my respect. I was going to have you assigned to scouting duty, but I've changed my mind. You can have a proper rifle.
    [​IMG] Permission to speak sir?
    [​IMG] Er... Who are you again?
    [​IMG] Sir, Corporal Satan in the Suburbs, sir!
    [​IMG] ...And your parents named you this? Seriously? From this day forward you will be known as Corporal Sits. What is it you wanted to know?
    [​IMG] *sigh* you have no idea how many times I've heard that sir. I was wondering what was wrong with my bunk mates rifle.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Is nothing wrong with rifle! I pay good potato for rifle! Make many xeno go Kurwa!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] If you had bothered to read the papers you signed, you'd realize that paticularly talented recruits (or people willing to pay an additional administration fee) get priority on equipment upgrades.
    [​IMG] I have it on good authority the Kommandant accepts bribes in alcohol. :smug:
    [​IMG] When someone specifically requests to get "Up-close and dirty with the untermensch, and bathe in the spray of their blood as I fill them with buckshot", who am I to deny them?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Wait! You can use alcohol for bribes? Fuck... I had to prostitute myself to bring Sascha along to the barracks.
    [​IMG] Naming your gun? How quaint.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Question, sir.
    [​IMG] Yes?
    [​IMG] What is this?
    [​IMG] It's your xeno-issue riot shield.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] The hell it is! We paid for additional protection. This is a piece of plywood that has been spray-painted and had 'Xeno-proof' written on it in marker.
    [​IMG] Wait, what!? You promised me this thing was 'a highly-advanced polymer that can withstand a tank shell'! I demand a refu—
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Kommandant to planning! We have a contact on the radar, approaching fast!
    [​IMG] Aaaand that's all the time I have for you guys now. Get your gear and haul your asses to the helicopter in hangar #1

[​IMG] We have a video signal coming in sir! The ufo just made landfall and is headed straight for ITZrael!
    [​IMG] Scramble the condors!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Condor-2 reports bogey down. The UFO crashed near the outskirts of dubai!
    [​IMG] Excellent! Deploy the mandrop!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Contact! Some warm, alluring, scaly, manly man! :oops:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] The fucking pilot practically landed on top of him! CLose your eyes, ladies, I'm throwing a flashbang!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Kurwa! That bullet went straight through its head and it's still moving!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Additional contacts! Why the fuck am I out here with a flimsy piece of plywood again!?
    [​IMG] It's a highly advanced polymer designed to absorb alien weapon fire! Stop whining!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Don't worry Liebchen! Mutter hast zhis under kontrol!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Wir müssen die Eidechsen ausroden! AH-HAHAHA!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Step aside, civvies! Sascha thirsts for death!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Cease fire, you horrible troll! Every civilian that dies reduces the amount of shekels paid to my swiss bank account! :x
    [​IMG] What? I told them to move and they didn't! It's not my fault civvies are bronze scrubs!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] It's aiming at me! Don't fail me now, shitty piece of plywoo—AAAARGH!
    [​IMG] It hurts and stings!
    [​IMG]

(I wasn't fast enough to get a screenshot. But the lizardman fired an auto shot. 2 bullets hit Azira, destroying his shield and killing him outright. The last flew past him and nearly killed Scrooge. Someone buffed the lizardman accuracy).
    :incline:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] At least the bloody scrubs got out of the way. EAT AUTOMATIC DEATH, STRANGELY ALLURING SCALY MAN!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] :x

[​IMG] Feel the power of glorious winged potato bullet!
    [​IMG] Stop killstealing ffs! I am the carry here, I need the kills! I'm going to report you after the mission!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Um, boys... I could use ze doktor. I am losing quite a lot of blood!
    [​IMG] Fear not m'lady! I tip my medkit at you!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Contact! Dead civilian! he has multiple plasma burns! I could use some back-up!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] There it is! Is it too late to bribe command for better gear?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Get your asses in gear ladies! This shitty piece of plywood won't survive anoter shot! Eat multiple grenades, scalefag!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I will soften up ze Untermencshen for you!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] :yeah:

[​IMG] The UFO should've touched down northwest of your landing site. Bring your men up to clear it sargeant.
    [​IMG] Jawöhl, herr kommandant! Tzaero, that's your job.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] (Come on, plywood. Hold together just a little longer...)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] AAAAH! THE PAIN! THE FLIMSY PLYWOOD DOES NOTHING!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Yes! A static target with nowhere to run! this is my time to shine baby!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] FEEL THE HOT LOAD AS I SPRAY MY HYPERWEAPON UPON YOU! AH-HAHAHAHAHA!

[​IMG] I'd say that went rather well.
    [​IMG] Rather well? One of your loyal men got killed! And that bloodthirsty psychopath that speaks to his machinegun mowed down two civilians!
    [​IMG] You know that and I know that. But we're two guys who can keep secrets, right?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] If you mouthbreathing gunmonkeys are done struggling to form coherent sentences with more than five words, I've updates from the research team.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] If the aliens are struggling to maneuver their ships in our atmosphere, we should exploit the weakness in their design. Commence research on how best to arm and upgrade our interceptors immediately!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] We're ready to perform the autopsy you requested of the recovered lizard.
    [​IMG] Excellent. Let me grab some popcorn and I'll be right down.
    [​IMG]

Code:
    (clicking sound)

Dr. Molland: September the 30th, 1979. Testing Schedule A, test subject is Subject S-3, recovered
    from an alien scout craft shot down over Dubai. Found unconscious next to the flight control panel
    of the UFO, I believe. Today’s test will be a clean amputation of the subjects leg across the lower
    portion of the alien equivalent of the femur. It will then be re-attached in stages to test Sebillian
    regenerative capabilities while under observation. Overall capability of the subject to heal will be
    examined over the next three days. Subject will be under minimal anaesthesia during the operation
    to observe as closely as possible real-world responses to trauma while preventing unnecessary
    movement of the subject during surgery. Conducting the test today is myself, Dr Peter Molland with
    Drs. Yamako Sato and Boris Molotov in attendance.

(Whirring sound mixed with hissing noise)

Dr Molland: With the scaly epidermis so thick and tough, a circular saw will be used to make the first
    exploratory incision.

(Whirring sound now mixed with thick crunching sound, loud hiss)

Dr Molland: Considerable resistance of the epidermis even on the leg.... look there. Forceps, please.
    There... half an inch thick! We’ve tested this on the shooting range. Their hides would make a
    fashionable bullet-resistant vest. Mmm... the blood’s already trying to clot. Let’s get some suction
    going, please.

(More whirring sounds, crunching sounds, mixed with warbling hissing)

Dr Molland: Diathermy here and here please . Thank you, Dr. Sato. Scalpel.... incredible. Simply
    incredible. Is the camera zoomed in? Look at the ends of the artery. You can see (loud hiss) just how
    quickly and efficiently the subject’s system responds to trauma. Okay, we’ll ligate these now. 
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  21. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Pop goes the weasel!

That was an amusing death, sir! If there's anything left of the carcass, feel free to (ab)use it in any way deemed necessary. :salute:

^ Top  
  22. Scroo Female Quota Staff Patron

Scroo
    Codex 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    This is good stuff! Also injured for 17 days? Well have fun getting killed out there while I relax and get drunk!

^ Top  
  23. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    I honestly didn't expect it. The lizard was at long(ish) range and supressed, plus you had a shield. Hitting all 3 shots in a burst should've been next to impossible. :D
    Don't worry. When we eventually construct a tank Venerable Dreadnought, you're first in line to pilot it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Zdzisiu Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Sir, I want in!

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.