Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress Xeno-ITZ: Ultimate doom expansion set for Kodexia

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Ulminati, Jun 1, 2014.

1. MotherMachinae Arcane

MotherMachinae
    Oh my, look at the time! It's time to die!
    :decline:for LARP, most people cannot into good one. Soory.

And promise me.... If I ever survive the raep - make me a shotgun lady.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    ^ Top  
  2. MasterSmithFandango Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Signing up fag - you said you'd wait for me.

Shotgun murderraper or heavy machinegunner, plz.

^ Top  
  3. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Comrade Lightbane is willing to join with the intention of die horribly fight for honor and glory!

^ Top  
  4. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Toss me in the meatgrinder whereever I fit best.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. 34scell Savant

34scell
    You can mod the troop number for the first two dropships up to 20. I'd change them to 10 and 13, as just 8 troops kind of sucks.

^ Top  
  6. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    I'm planning to keep things vanilla (additional maps notwithstanding). Adding more troops to a carrier just makes the game easier.
    Besides, if I was going to mod the game, I'd re-introduce this thing I made earlier:

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Essentially a stunrod that deals physical damage instead. I had a power sword as well that dealt plasma damage and had huge armor penetration.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
  8. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Regular rockets are a bit meh. I may get a rocketeer once I get alenium/stun rockets. But odds are I will wait until plasma rockets + shrike.

^ Top  
  9. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Never underestimate the power of blindfire aoe and demolition :rpgcodex:

especially in urban environments!!!

^ Top  
  10. Ashery Prophet

Ashery
    But muh loot!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Pope Amole II Prestigious Gentleman Nerd Commando Game Studios Developer

Pope Amole II
    Not wishing to say anything bad about the game, but I've found this entry rather annoying. Like, dudes, you have pistols which fire faster than rifles, grenades which can be thrown only if one of your hands is absolutely free and fucking shotguns being used for serious military purposes, and you crap on the dual pistols for being unrealistic? Lol.

^ Top  
  12. Kashmir Slippers Magister

Kashmir Slippers
    Sign me up!

^ Top  
  13. Yes. Arcane Patron

Yes.
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm pouring out a 40 as we speak for our fallen comrade. :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    I think the original idea was that there should've been stats in the lower-right, telling you weapon range in tiles, damage values, armor pen etc. A bit like the armor entries. I guess they just forgot at some point and left the placeholder thingie in. But meh... It's a single page in the xenopedia. I can live with a single page being derp. At least it tells you there is no in-game benefit to dual-wielding pistols besides looking awesome. And you can totally throw a grenade with both hands full. It just costs more time units.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Case in point from just 5 minutes ago

Lt Roxorowski rushes into a building, straight into the loving embrace of a reaper!

point blank shotgun hit doesn't kill it!!!

Is this the end for poor Roxorowski?!

There are some windows across the building, and three potential shooters who could save the hapless leutnant, BUT ALAS! A single tile of flimsy office wall blocks the view 100%

BUT THERE IS YET HOPE! CALL IN THE ROCKET ROOM SERVICE!

Lt Excidium fires a missile over some pipes, through the windows and straight into the wall, blowing it into smithereens! :incline: After that, the BROs waiting outside can save the buttocks of Roxorowski from horrible forced penetration!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. Ashery Prophet

Ashery
    That's pretty much the main reason I carry rockets.

Had an annoying little Caesan guard that wouldn't leave this little two story building in the corner of the map. And considering that I was completely unarmored at this point, it was pretty much guaranteed to cost me a couple lives in a rush.

A rocket to the side of his camping spot on the second floor solved the issue quite satisfactorily :smug:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Main problem is who to drop for rockets in a squad of 8. 2 shieldmaidens is pretty much mandatory after the nerf where you can't carry shields in your backpack.
    I *could* drop the sniper, but he's quite useful after the rifles got nerfed.
    HMG and Shotgun are mandatory for close range and suppression.
    And since riflemen are the best candidates for carrying medkits, I'm not sur eI am willing to settle for 2.
    Medkit on sniper makes no sense, since he's typically too far away to use it in a timely manner. HMG dude needs all his carrying capacity for gun&ammo. Shotgun... Fneh. I could, but then I'd have to shunt either grenades or ammo into the backpack.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. MasterSmithFandango Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Eh - you can get away with one shield. I'm not a huge fan of them personally - shields are rather flimsy and they don't kill enough. I change my shield to shotgunner after wolf armor.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    ....How omniously prophetic :smug:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    [​IMG] Right. We got some late arrivals to the team. Give the new guys a welcome and make them draw straws for gear.
    [​IMG] Sweet! I got a riot shield! bet you suckers wish you were getting extra protection! :smug:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] CAN I TRADE ROCKETS FOR KNUCKLEDUSTERS? I WANT TO BE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL!
    [​IMG] Seriously? Everyone has been craving heavier weapons and you assign it to the one person who wants to be in melee range?
    [​IMG] :codexisfor:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] I got a murdershotgun. I'm content. :smug:[​IMG]

[​IMG] Ugh... I wish you would start carrying your portable radio around the base commander. I don't like sullying myself with breathing the same air as these... grunts.
    [​IMG] Eh. A little exercise will do you good sciencedude. What have you got for me?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Excellent! We'll start cranking these out immediately! So should we focus on preliminary research for stun weapons or armor ne—
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] BETTER ARMOR!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] 4 days to build a plane? I can live with that. It should take us 5 days to have an extra hangar ready. Get to work, Ivan!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Phase two of base construction is complete! We have extra workspace in the labs and workshops now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] We have UFO contacts over Iran!
    [​IMG] Meh... Sandniggers. They'r enot paying us for protection.
    [​IMG] Actually, the Sheiks donated 50 camels and a Rolls Royce to your pers—
    [​IMG] Scramble Interceptors!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Get a full nights rest people! You're departing to clean the crash site at dawn
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Can I sit this one out commander? My old war wound is acting up? :(
    [​IMG] Really, Tzaero? Really!? Get your ass in the helicopter before I have you flogged!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I haff a doktor note! See? It says "unfit for battle".
    [​IMG] This looks suspiciously like your handwriting. But ERYfKRAD looks like he'll start gnawing at furniture if he doesn't get to perform violent acts soon. *sigh* Tell him to grab his rocket tube and take your spot in the chopper.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Contact! We need to clear a line of fire!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I SMASH PUNY OBSTACLE WITH BOOMTUBE!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Poland thanks you for your contribution for her greater glory! :smug:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] OWW! Ok, who was the fucker that just shot me in the back?
    [​IMG] *whistles innocently*
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I have visual contact with the Xenoship!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] You also ran right past a xeno without spotting it! Eyes open, rookie!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I SEE MORE WEAK FLESHTHINGS!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] BOOMTUBE FAILS ME! :x
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Good thing I'm in cover behind this brush and have an undamaged shield to pro—
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] AAAAAARGH! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Bam! Rookie avenged! I honestly have no idea why people are so desperate to have shields. They seem like they're cursed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] BOOMTUBE KNOCKS ON DOOR!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Yes! A static target to feed the thirst of Sascha! Booyah! Phoenix carries the team again! :smug:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] We're ready to process the recovered aliens, Commander.

[​IMG]
    Code:
    Project TURNCOAT interim report, 17th September 1979

I am pleased to announce that work has progressed ahead of the revised project schedule. We have
    entered Enrichment phase B, which builds on previous work. In Enrichment phases A&B test subjects
    are drugged using a alien-compliant synthetic derived from LSD, and exposed to a variety of high-quality
    visual images, coupled with a mixture of ultrasonic and infrasonic sounds designed to impress the images
    on the subject. The initial images and sounds in phase A are designed to break down and depress the
    subjects' sense of self, as much a cult might break down a new member in preparation for its teachings
    (but compressed into a much shorter period of time). In phase B, the images and sounds are designed
    to fill the gap made in phase A with a new set of basic-level social and mental triggers. Subjects that
    complete both phases A and B will be primed for interrogation by other staff and possibly repogramming
    to become agents among their own kind.

Pleasure/pain conditioning is being trialled as an alternative to drug sensitisation as balancing the
    increase in sensory acuity with mental stability and biochemical/neurological compatibility has been far
    more difficult than previously expected. Work into exploiting the telempathic link between Caesan
    subjects have been shelved to concentrate efforts on producing stable, primed subjects.

Please find attached to this report a requisition for more subjects. While I understand this is a sensitive
    matter, the less than ideal conditions that project members have to work under necessitate higher burn-
    through. I point out that this projects' worth has already been proven with the valuable information
    passed on to project CLARITY regarding toxicological and neurobiological processes for both Sebillian and
    Caesan subjects.

Henry Green,
    Project Director

Addenda: I append the list of recently deceased subjects.

Subject C12. Adverse reaction to batch 10, sudden cardiac arrest.
    Subject C13. Catatonia (complete withdrawal), euthanized.
    Subject C14. Irretrievable state of amnesia, euthanized.
    Subject C15. Toxic overdose (batch 10b), no response to recovery methods, asphyxiation.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] We haff first prototype readik for you. Is good, da? Superior Soviet Tech for bringing glory to motherland.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] What do you mean, "we can't wield them effectively"? Can't you just tweak the handle or add a stock to use it as a SMG!? I'm not convinced you fuckers arne't just being lazy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] WOOHOO!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] sinc eyou eggheads are obviously too stupid to figure out how to retrofit a grip that' suable by wimpy greys, you better get cracking on an alternative firepower upgrade for me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Question, sir.
    [​IMG] What is it?
    [​IMG] Why did you send the foxtrots out loaded with avalanche missiles? Won't the light scout UFOs be able to dodge those with ease?
    [​IMG] Watch and learn :smug:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Bam! UFO can only dodge left or right! Pincer maneuvre, then hit it from the side and it cannot dodge. :smug:

[​IMG] BE VERY QUIET LITTLE WEAK FRIENDS! ERYFKRAD SNEAK MELEE LOADOUT ONTO FLAPPY FLY THING! NO MORE BOOMTUBE FOR BARBARIAN AM SMASH!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] So we have a prototype of the new heavy armor suit ready for one lucky sol—
    [​IMG] DIBS!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I hope everyone brought lunches! You're going to a second crash site after this.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] ERYFKRAD AM SEE ENEMY! MAYBE IS NOT GOOD IDEA LEAVE BOOMTUBE AT HOME :(
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Set up a distr- firing line while Sascha and I find a line of fire!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Ambush!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] RAGE DESCENT ON ERYFKRAD! EAT GRENADE THROUGH WINDOW!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Surprise, Xenos! The beer at base was crap!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] ERYFKRAD GRENADE AM SMASH PUNY WALL! IS MAKE WITH SHOOTING PUNY ALIEN NOW!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Ta mate. You are a good support to my glorious carry. :smug:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Siema, Xeno! :outrage:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] *yawn* ...waiting for the rifles to pop moles is not why I signed up for this gig.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] ....Hey. Did anyone see where Scrooge went?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Why the fuck are you not in formation, corporal?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Ah, there you boys are! I found friends!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] And you're just the distraction I needed! :smug:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] ERYFKRAD AM MAYBE MISS BOOMTUBE A LITTLE NOW
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Then grab it from the chopper instead of whining. You realize the commander left it under your seat, don't you? FLASHBANGS OUT!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Polant stronk! :outrage:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I'll take the last one up close while it's dazed!
    [​IMG] ERYFKRAD MAYBE WANT SAME BOOMTUBE AS RUN OFF LADY!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] You actually managed a full mission without killing yourselves? I'm shocked. Here, have some randomly assigned promotions.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] How're the seats in those helicopters anyway?
    [​IMG] There is no seat. Only hard metal floor. You said "seats cost money. I am not made of seats".
    [​IMG] Oh. Right. I did, didn't I. How long do you think it'll take to fly from western Africa to North of India?
    [​IMG] About 14 hours in the helicopter.
    [​IMG] Really? Huh. whatever happened to those in-flight toilets on the plans.
    [​IMG] You said "I am not made of toilets".
    [​IMG] I did, didn't I?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] ERYFKRAD AM REunitED WITH BOOMTUBE! MAKE MUCH MORE HURT THAN PUNY HANDGUN! :love:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Wait... did additional suits of armor just teleport onto the helicopter?
    [​IMG] *waves hand* I am not abusing a glitch in the loadout screen
    [​IMG] You. Are. Not. Abusing. A. Glitch. In. The. Loadout. Screen.
    [​IMG] *waves hand* The armor was always there.
    [​IMG] The. Armor. Was. Always. There.
    [​IMG] *waves hand* Put it on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Excuse me. Farmers. Speak-a you eng-a-leesh? See any Xeno?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] No contacts yet. Are you sure we landed in the right spot?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] ERYFKRAD AM DEMAND TINY ALIEN SHOW ITSELF!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Contact! Flash out!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] That's my cue! BLITZKRIEG!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Er.... Little help here guys?
    [​IMG] The fuck? How did you manage to miss at that range with the entire spread?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] The Kraut is on her own. Reported for feeding!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] MEIN LEBEN!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] ....Wait. I'm alive? HA! Superior German armor wins the day! FEUER FREI!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Did that alien just wander into our line of fire without shooting? It'd be impolite not to take advantage. :smug:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Another? And it's not even my birthday! :love:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Two missions in a row without you guys getting yourself killed!? This calls for celebration! Medals for everyone!
    [​IMG] You told us: 'I am not made of medals'.
    [​IMG] Medals for some people!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Ok. This one I can sort-of understand it could be tricky to retrofit for human hands. But I am still sad and confused. Also angry.
    [​IMG] Well... I suppose we could settle for lasers. They'll do less damage than plasma weapons. But they'll look extremely stylish and futuristic in the 80s.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Make it so! Try to have it done quick. I just heard from mission command that one of our foxtrot shot down the largest UFO yet.
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  21. Ashery Prophet

Ashery
    You don't.

Instead of using your high Str guy to carry an HMG (Which, after trying to use them a couple times recently in the early game, I consider to be rather shitty due to their enormous TU cost), use him to carry a rifle and a rocket launcher with one or two rockets in his backpack.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    The thing is, I *LOVE* the scatterlaser/plasmacaster/magstorm. :love:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Ashery Prophet

Ashery
    They certainly have their uses, especially with the rifle range nerf, but their limited mobility makes it difficult for them to adapt to dynamic situations. Both rifles and snipers can move a pretty significant distance and still fire off a decent shot afterwards. Or, better yet, move out into the open, fire, and then move back into complete cover.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. MasterSmithFandango Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Yeah - Machine gun is legit. I kind of use them as Snipers in a way - give them a line of fire and watch them clean up.

I normally do what you suggest with a high STR rifleman, Ashery. I tend to have two or three of those - so having one pull double duty keeps the squad more balanced.

Also - Predator Armor.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Sign me up.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.