Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I really liked the fighting system in 0 and Kiwami, then got to Kiwami 2, which is supposed to have way better gameplay, but I liked 0 and Kiwami a lot more. Maybe I was just burned out. I'll give it another shot eventually. I still have a lot of 7 to go through, but I'm avoiding it for now because I don't really care for the management mini-game and I dread going through it to get the other party member.
i do prefer 0 and kiwami 1's combat because 2 got rid of styles. it's a new engine so developers doesn't have time/resources to include different styles like in the previous games. kiwami 2's combat gets boring after halfway trough

mogwaimon

Magister
I really liked the fighting system in 0 and Kiwami, then got to Kiwami 2, which is supposed to have way better gameplay, but I liked 0 and Kiwami a lot more. Maybe I was just burned out. I'll give it another shot eventually. I still have a lot of 7 to go through, but I'm avoiding it for now because I don't really care for the management mini-game and I dread going through it to get the other party member.
i do prefer 0 and kiwami 1's combat because 2 got rid of styles. it's a new engine so developers doesn't have time/resources to include different styles like in the previous games. kiwami 2's combat gets boring after halfway trough

Dragon Engine is pretty jarring, though. First time I tried playing Kiwami 2 I just got thrown off by the enemies flying around everywhere and how Kiryu's head was kinda squished and it just didn't feel like a Yakuza game. It was like going from any Souls game except DS2 over to DS2. So Kiwami 2 was also when I burned out last time I did Yakuza, but I have played the original Yakuza 2 before and that was definitely worth it so I know there's some greatness in Kiwami 2 as well (or should be) so eventually I'll be going back, myself.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Where is my fucking Yakuza? If i don't see store page today i will start playing Atelier Ryza tomorrow until Nioh 2.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Dunno, I think the weightiness of Dragon Engine action combat was nice change of pace. It's just that they didn't have experience of creating multiple games in the same engine under the belt yet to iterate it into being real good.

Fishy

Savant
I lamented the lack of the fighting styles, but boy, did it never get old to throw random mobs into restaurants and slam their head against the counter. Heck, just walking into most indoor areas without a loading screen is cool.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Where is my fucking Yakuza? If i don't see store page today i will start playing Atelier Ryza tomorrow until Nioh 2.

seems they are doing their bullshit of dropping a store page on day of like they did with P4G... P4G continues to be a blight on the industry, not only did it effectively destroy the SMT franchise by the influx of weeb coomers and *disgust* VITA FANS (pedophiles) but now it is stopping store pages to appear...

I didn't think I could hate P4G any more but here we are.. Thanks SEGA!

Caim

Arcane
seems they are doing their bullshit of dropping a store page on day of like they did with P4G... P4G continues to be a blight on the industry, not only did it effectively destroy the SMT franchise by the influx of weeb coomers and *disgust* VITA FANS (pedophiles) but now it is stopping store pages to appear...

I didn't think I could hate P4G any more but here we are.. Thanks SEGA!
Persona 4's legacy is impossible to destroy. A game, an anime, an updated release of the game, a new game plus version of the anime, an OVA about the bad end, dancing game spinoffs, fighting game spinoffs, whatever Persona Q was, and an appearance of his outfit and music from the game in Smash Ultimate, Yu Narukami is the cockroach of JRPG protagonists.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Dunno, I think the weightiness of Dragon Engine action combat was nice change of pace. It's just that they didn't have experience of creating multiple games in the same engine under the belt yet to iterate it into being real good.
I personally prefer the Dragon Engine combat. To me it also feels more fluid when playing, while also doing more to stick to character.

Some of the mechanics used in Dragon Engine like Burst Heat are also much more improved versions of earlier iterations, ie in case of Burst Heat it's a way better take on Dragon Spirit from Yakuza 5.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Any reason not to get this on the PS4? As far as i've gathered the difference is mainly 60 fps, which should be negilible for a turnbased game?

I'd prefer the ease of use of just planting my ass on the couch and push the start button in that case.

Anything else i'm missing?

Fishy

Savant
Any reason not to get this on the PS4? As far as i've gathered the difference is mainly 60 fps, which should be negilible for a turnbased game?

I'd prefer the ease of use of just planting my ass on the couch and push the start button in that case.

I guess you're missing a hdmi cable.

Doktor Best

Arcane

My PC is in my workroom. I would need a 30 meter hdmi cable at least and drill a whole lot of holes into walls in order to connect it to my TV in my living room.

No thanks.

Fishy

Savant

My PC is in my workroom. I would need a 30 meter hdmi cable at least and drill a whole lot of holes into walls in order to connect it to my TV in my living room.

No thanks.

Just move the couch and TV to the workroom. Problem solved.

And as a bonus, no more sharing the couch with wife and kids.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I have it on PS4 and I'm very happy with it. There's no reason not to get it.

Deadass

Savant
5Cmv0rj.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom