Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Deflowerer

Arcane
Are any other Yakuza stories as compelling and satisfying as Zero's? I've only played 0 and Kiwami thus far. Picking up Kiwami 2 during Xmas sale

Only 6, probably due to it being so focused after the clusterfucks of 4 and 5.

0 made it a little bit easier for the writers because there wasn't as much legacy story baggage to take into consideration.

I have high hopes for Y7 because of this as well.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Here's a handy dandy bingo card for all the censorship apologist cucks in this thread foaming at the mouth about imaginary Nazis. If you get a bingo your wife/girlfriend will peg you.

79B2DB09BA98FF74EF67D4C146CFB0F25D2DA2CD
That looks like resetera and neogaf posters

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
leftists who always turn everything into "he's a nazi!!!" are always projecting their own racism. they view the world through a lens where the most important characteristic of a person is their skin color or their ethnicity. (Or their gender).

remember, this only happened because i posted an article that details the censorship that is happening throughout the entire Localization/game translation industry; it's not only happening to our games but also to anime as well.

The translators themselves are completely corrupt idealogical footsoldiers who want to push leftism and marxism at every corner, up to and including changing the meaning of games and anime.

But sure, that guy's a nazeeee hurrrrrrr durrr please ignore the censorship sjws only exist on tumblr why do you care if they changed the text they only made it BETTER herp derp... you nazi.

EDIT: btw, if botched translations driven by political narratives isn't "real censorship", then fine how about if I just want translators to do their job properly instead? that too much to ask? How about you don't completely fuck up an entire ending in catherine: full body because you think the original japanese text is "transphobic"? How about that?

Sadly we can't have that because muh cultural marxism > translating something properly. Remember, the job is only a vehicle for the activism

Anyway, i don't want to fuck up this thread so that's the last i'll say on that subject here. I won't post here about "who is da REAL nazi!" subject again, even if directly quoted/asked a question responding to this post.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Man Yakuza has never been that serious but it seems they are dialing up the fun/quirk level waaaay too much for 7. Maybe thats to compensate that combat is Turn Based?

I just hope behind all the silliness we would still have the usual Yakuza drama like in Kiryuu saga.

Jinn

Arcane
Time and money spent on a dub seems like a waste.

Can I have Yakuza 3 on PC please? It has to be time for Sega to drop a steam page a month prior to release, right?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well they had a dub option for Fist of the North Star AND Judgment, so it's not that much of a surprise they'd have one for Yakuza 7 too.

Even if IMO it's a waste.

Turuko

Learned
i just started Kiwami 2 and coming from 0 and 1 i feel like an elephant in a china shop
also i don't know if i have some fucked up settings but this shit looks like the most aggressive epilepsy test

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you have Spotify, you can now listen to the soundtracks for every game in the series. This includes Kenzan and Ishin!

Search for Sega Sound Team.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom