Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yendorian Tales series

Luzur

Good Sir
anyone got these fullversion? the company that made them seems to be dead, and the only downloads i find is shareware versions. :x

seems to be a good Might & Magic wannabe RPG.

Andhaira

Arcane
Yeah the series is pretty old. It was sold as shareware via website. Not that good looking though.

EDIT: The 3rd person version was IMO the best. He should have stuck with that view instead of going first person.

mondblut

Arcane
I should have both 2 and 3 (the M&M-like ones) somewhere, I completed both once upon a time.

No clue about first one (the Ultima-like), never played it much.

Luzur

Good Sir

Luzur

Good Sir
euhm...anyone good at hex editing? i screwed up in yendor 3 and threw away the wrong bag, the one with the teleportationkeys.

been playing around with AXE but sofar nothing have worked.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
file savgam1
offset 10BE - first character, second item
08 - sling
09 - sling+1
and so on (from world.dat)
what names has teleportation keys in game?
21 hex - athaneum key
that's all?

Luzur

Good Sir
Fowyr said:
file savgam1
offset 10BE - first character, second item
08 - sling
09 - sling+1
and so on (from world.dat)
what names has teleportation keys in game?
21 hex - athaneum key
that's all?

you open up world.dat in AXE to get those numbers?

How is the game Luzur? Is it any good?

well it reminds me alot of Might and Magic 3-5, so all is good.

mondblut

Arcane
I am no Luxur, but they are pretty OK. *Very* M&M-ish (read 3-5), up to silly humour (imagine zombies and ghouls attacking by vomiting at you). Some verbal, trap and maze-based puzzles, also the Xeen way. OKish game mechanics, more advanced than M&M (with a bunch of skills to develop).

Unlike M&M, these are heavily linear though, a hardcoded sequence of separate maps rather than a fully explorable open world. The almost only case where you could choose between 2 locations to visit ended up temporarily giving you some ridiculously powerful megaweapons, and forgetting to remove them once you leave, making the rest of the game a cakewalk (that was in YT3, I think - some astral plane level in midgame).

Luzur

Good Sir
mondblut said:
I am no Luxur, but they are pretty OK. *Very* M&M-ish (read 3-5), up to silly humour (imagine zombies and ghouls attacking by vomiting at you). Some verbal, trap and maze-based puzzles, also the Xeen way. OKish game mechanics, more advanced than M&M (with a bunch of skills to develop).

Unlike M&M, these are heavily linear though, a hardcoded sequence of separate maps rather than a fully explorable open world. The almost only case where you could choose between 2 locations to visit ended up temporarily giving you some ridiculously powerful megaweapons, and forgetting to remove them once you leave, making the rest of the game a cakewalk (that was in YT3, I think - some astral plane level in midgame).

Luxur? anyway, yeah the games have some bugs, like giving you rewards for quest's too early (like when i used the key to teleport to this other place and then i teleported back and was rewarded alot of cash and XP for clearing out the teleportation chamber i never even saw.

and it gives you some freedom, like in the outdoor areas, but since the game take place on small islands (as far as ive seen) there not much to investigate.

but yendor 2-3 is hard on new parties, it took me awhile to clear out the first town of ants and spiders, and dont even try to go down to the sewer until you are atleast lvl 3-4.

Luzur

Good Sir
free.gif

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
you open up world.dat in AXE to get those numbers?
I compared two savegames, with little trial and error found offset of second place in first character's inventory and sling code - 08

Searched game files for word 'sling', found in world.dat. Manually counted number of entries between words 'sling' and 'athaneum key'. Result - 21h
I used FAR (to search, view and navigate), fc - to compare and dos version of hiew to edit. AXE looks sweet and maybe better but old habits die hard.

I hope it was helpful

Luzur

Good Sir
...not really, i know how to edit hex numbers, the 00 00 00 00 and all, but im not a master hexman, i am forced to admit.

if i know the numbers i can fix it, so a list would be helpful.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
You need to make list yourself.
Open world.dat in text viewer and search word 'sling'
23wvakm.jpg

This is start of list.
0F - Knife+1
10 - Knife+2 and so on

Luzur

Good Sir
but how will i know the numbers? a0 and so on? and if i remember correctly sometimes there would be need of FF or 01's.

ex A0 01 FF 00

where do i get those?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Place crappy item here
j5fa53.jpg

save game in this slot
33wwcab.jpg

open file savgame1 with hex editor
go to offset 10be
1z4v7o3.jpg

change number in red circle to 21
orl4x1.jpg

Voila!
302mo0o.jpg

For list of items read this and my previous post

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom