Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You can currently try Demise: Ascension for free at their site!

Courtier

Prophet
I've poured many, many hours into Demise and Ascension sounds great. But $32 is a lot for an expansion of an already old game.

URW84YW.jpg

Pic is my old party.
For those not familiar with the game - Some rooms in the upper levels let you ''thin out'' the dungeon's demihuman slave population, as you often walk into a room with dozens of slaves frantically clawing at your party to no avail. Because combat is automated, you'll hear squeak after squeak as your characters mow down the almost harmless creatures, and your EXP skyrockets. It's actually one of the best ways to level early on, and pretty satisfying. I imagine the ethical part of this is secondary to your party of murderhobos.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just to add to this thread:

1a Mordor & Demise (front).jpg

1b Demise (front flap).jpg

1c Mordor & Demise (back).jpg

I also have the Boris Vallejo poster rolled in a tube that came with the game. Both are still sealed but will be taking pictures of the contents as well.

tindrli

Arcane
Cool box art. But then you see the actual game and it looks like someone vomited on your screen.

i will say again the graphic are unimportant coz most of the time you will be looking at the map... later on you will realise that you can go to level 5 at least with your eyes closed :)

Lhynn

Arcane
god damn graphic faggots.. go play Faggrim or Faggssasin creed
Well, most some people here i dont care about graphics, they i dont even care if it has 2d sprites or no graphics at all. but we are talking about stuff thats actively offensive to your eyes here.

mondblut

Arcane
Graphics are tolerable. These low-poly trash mobs expire quicker than you can make out their details anyway, so who cares.

The value of an "expansion" is questionable, though. New areas seem to be ridden with bugs, and entire portions of them are copied directly from the areas in the original content (the library, for instance). Considering the amount of silly legal battles surrounding this game, I'd treat Ascension not even as a shameless cash grab (hardly anyone would buy it anyway) so much as a way to assert "it's mah game now, do not touch it, Demise: Revelation was a dirty bootleg and here is a real lawyer-approved expansion".

Last edited:

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Is there any strategy for this game? Demise The Revelation
My party has met some bloodsuckers. And the suckers killed my party in no time. I am wondering what the fuck has happened?
They are using poison attacks according to the home web site.
So what is the solution?
Grind, grind and grind, and come back after levelling up 100 levels more?
Or is there any sensible solution?

While I was typing this I got an idea, may be I need some posison resistance :) LOL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom