Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You will have noticed two buttons...

madbringer

Arcane
AndhairaX said:
Hmm, it appears that now threads in GD do not get bumped when there is a new reply posted. Now all that will keep a thread on the front page is the vote.

However this line of thought is flawed. What if the topic is excellent but people simply do not vote?

I suggest hefty improvements to this feature DU. Also, I just voted in a couple of threads but it did not cause them to be bumped.

You can always just use this. Derp.

sheek

Arbiter
An idea for an even more epic system - allow votes on individual posts within a topic. Epic posts move upward in the thread and retardoed ones move down. This way only the most epic posts will be read by everyone and you won't even need to ignore boring Martin/Wyrmlord postings because most of us will never get to them.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
relootz said:
You can only vote if you registered a year ago?

:rage:

haha make it 2 years.

I don't see this vote option either. Maybe it is because I just woke up, and I'm blind or something. Or maybe DU hates fags. :cry:

At least this will stop the stupid alt spam. I approve.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Could someone take a screen shot showing this vote option for those of us that don't have access to it (fags)?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
sheek said:
An idea for an even more epic system - allow votes on individual posts within a topic. Epic posts move upward in the thread and retardoed ones move down. This way only the most epic posts will be read by everyone and you won't even need to ignore boring Martin/Wyrmlord postings because most of us will never get to them.
This has to be the most retarded idea ever.

Jaesun said:
Could someone take a screen shot showing this vote option for those of us that don't have access to it (fags)?

It just shows a screen with the respective smiley and a line, "you voted this thread epic/fail."

Dicksmoker said:
This has to be the most retarded idea ever.

90% of codexers already have some level of autism, it's not like the complete lack of context and flow in every thread would be noticed.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Clockwork Knight said:
Jaesun said:

It just shows a screen with the respective smiley and a line, "you voted this thread epic/fail."

I am not seeing a new Button to vote at all. That is what I am asking for.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Having to scroll down through all the page to see new posts? WTF?

At least make it possible to sort by unread posts like before.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sceptic said:
Having to scroll down through all the page to see new posts? WTF?

At least make it possible to sort by unread posts like before.

This.

It's seriously fuck up the way it is now.

Hory

Erudite
Votes shouldn't be use for sorting, they should be used for retardoing.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What about rollin' dice when making a topic? If you get 20 it could automatically stick your thread, when 1 it would delete all ur post and suspend u for three days. 2-19 could have something interesting as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom