Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your Dream Game

zool

Arcane
I guess we all have in mind at least one idea for game that doesn't exist on the market and that we wish was made. So share your thoughts in this thread, so we can see all dream a bit.

Personally, I've always wished for a proper, realistic riot police simulation. The game would be played from an isometric perspective and the interface would look somewhat like SWAT 2. Ideally, the game would be turn-based but I guess RTwP could work too. You could individually equipe each of your men if you wanted to and choose specific tactics and weapons to control the crowd. The campaign would start with small-scale situations and would increase in difficulty until you reach full-scale urban riots. Points would we awarded to you based on violence used, numbers of wounded on both side, number of arrests made, damage to property, fatal casualties etc. I guess expansion packs on real-life riots (Los Angeles 1992, Paris 2005, etc) could be released after the main game.

Think SWAT 2 with an improved interface and a gameplay centered around riot control.

628836-swat2_11.jpg

There is a 2003 game called Riot Police The Game but it looks really shitty.

I have some hope for an upcoming indie called RIOT : Civil Unrest but still have some doubts on whether it's going to be good or not, seeing as there are very few details on the gameplay. You can play both sides (the game maker seems to be much more sympathetic to the rioters' side), which is a plus even though I don't care very much for playing the rioters. The 2D pixel style graphics don't bother me much, even though I'd prefer SWAT 2-style graphics. The four campaigns in the game are based on real events (Greece, Italy, Spain, Egypt) which I like, with a few unlockable secret missions. Still, no real hope for a serious riot police simulation, looks like it's probably going to be another indie with limited gameplay options.

large3.png

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A large first person exploration focused RPG with tons of character creation options, hidden content so hidden you really need to get deep into the lore to find it, lore that is actually interesting and not shit, Arcanum like steampunk-fantasy setting with magic and 19th century tech coexisting, a rich world with many detailed cultures but the game is focused only one one region of the world with high content density, branching story or even better a loose main goal with no fixed questline to achieve it but instead many different approaches, good action combat system that is properly influenced by stats, did I already mention hidden content yeah there should be a lot of that, also a solid stealth system that reminds of Thief, actual worthwile things to steal in mansions you can break into, an in-game economy that won't make you end up as a millionaire after an hour, and as a bonus lots of lesbian foot worship content.

Bacially Morrowind + Arcanum + Thief + Gothic.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
something that is made by MCA's brain that's extracted from his body and plugged into a supercomputer that will automatically program and make anything he think of.

on more realistic note, something on the vein of Arcanum 2 would be awesome. i adored the world and how much freedom you have. if it's ever made, i hope they continue the siamese twin conspiracy questline.

zool

Arcane
11403.jpg
but better, longer & bigger.

I can only agree. A proper VTMB sequel would be awesome, taking place in either London, Hong Kong or eastern Europe. I feel VTMB has nailed the American urban environment theme perfectly, so time to move to a new continent.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
First person cyberpunk RPG set in massive futuristic city that you can entirely explore, from sewers to high class apartments. Having multiple conflicting factions, that you can loyally serve or play them against each other, ability to solve every quest on different ways from stealth, dialog, pure carnage and the way you solve them influence your reputation and quests you receive. Very complex character system that encourages you to plan carefully your build. Difficult combat due advanced enemy ai, well designed maps and encounters and good variation of enemy and their equipment that will make you plan your approach for different scenarios. Well written characters and dialogs and a story that wont evolve around saving the world.

Sjukob

Arcane
In short :

More realistic fantasy RPG or adventure game in style of early 20th century about politics or social problems/conflicts , without gods , alternative dimensions , multiple worlds , godlike beings , all powerful magic etc . So shit should not happen without strong reasons . Would like to see new races with some revised traditional ones thrown in . Would also like to have non traditional approach to interactivity , like being able to participate in conversation with multiple characters or manual healing system .

I can go intro details , but that's too much autism .

Something with the procedural depth and breadth of Dwarf Fortress and the resulting emergent gameplay, but with glorious CryEngine5000 graphics, a cool player-skill based action combat system, and a more serious atmosphere (less elephant men and Giant Turkey monsters, more serious stuff).

Echo Mirage

Arcane
A Thief style game set in a massive city with a full day night cycle. Every building can be entered. Every mansion can be infiltrated. And each and every area and building has the quality of a hand crafted Thief 2 level. Plan assassinations or steal to pay the rent. Its whatever you want to do.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Gothic

System Shock 2

Fallout

Beyond Good and Evil

Dark Earth

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
A game with continent sized maps, in which you can travel over large distances ranging from boats to even balloons, and become a lot of things from being hunter / trapper / prospector / explorer or even an indian tribe
basically
Outerra + The Hunter + Morrowind + The Long Dark
I could imagine lots of inspiration from Shackleton's Expedition or Jules Verne's Mysterious Island

Arrowgrab

Arbiter
A Mount & Blade-syle sandbox career simulator where you're a sea captain in Hellene Antiquity.

Cadmus

Arcane
An actually good high fantasy RPG with all the classic tropes and no fucking subversions with a great art-style, something like Dark Souls.
A dark gothic fantasy RPG something like Dark Souls but with less weird japanese scheisse in it, although DS1 came incredibly close.
A good combat system in there, too.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A turn-based strategy RPG in something akin to the Spelljammer universe, with a polished combat system that could only be described as a mix of Jagged Alliance, Silent Storm and Final Fantasy Tactics with a Wizardry 8-like personality system and party banter. With each story changing on what kind of party you build, as well as different and varied encounters for each one. Each level should range from being small, to an entire combat being a dungeon crawl (best I could compare to are Age of Wonders 1 dungeons). The gameplay engine would have to be as moddable as Neverwinter Nights or FRUA.

Hey, you said dream game. Others:

• Gothic with Severance combat.
  • River City Rampage with online co-op.
  • Ultima Underworld + Dark Messiah combat.
  • Proper Gold Box continuation with various modules for different rule sets.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Crusader Kings II with Total War medieval II battles. Or Hearts of Iron with Men of War battles. Or just a new Jagged Alliance that remain true to the originals but expanding on it. Maybe making it more like a simulator with supply lines and what not.
Last wish is for a Ultima Online style MMO but you play it more like Mount & Blade. Total open world. 100% player based economy. If you want to transfer for example wood to a town, you have to go out there with men and a wagon and transport it. Bandits or general enemies to that faction should be able to attack and capture that wagon if they want with no restrictions.

A man can dream right...

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
My dream game, which will most likely never be made (or someone will attempt to and fail spectacularly):

Starship Captain Simulator, with upgradeable ship, crew and resource management, away missions (with skill checks, adventure game mechanics and turn-based combat, if combat happens) and outer space encounters (including space battles).

Basically a combo of stuff seen in FTL, Sunless Sea, Star Trek Bridge Commander, Star Trek Starfleet Command, Star Trek Online, X-COM and Fallout.

It could be partially procedurally generated for increased replay value.

mck

Cipher
a realistic simulator where you eat food with forks and other utensils

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom