Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite guilty pleasures

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Sykar, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Gradenmayer Learned

Gradenmayer
    You will love Path of Exile then. Pet/summon builds in that are disgusting.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. ADULF HITLOR FAN KLUB Arcane

ADULF HITLOR FAN KLUB
    Beer.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Gahbreeil Learned

Gahbreeil
    Living a life of virtue, abstaining.

• Salute Salute x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Sunsetspawn Arcane

Sunsetspawn
    Indeed. It's one of two games that does that. The other is Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. And that's my answer to the thread title, even though in this absurd place it seems everything that isn't Fallout 1 belongs in this thread. Anyhow, TPS really scratches that space opera itch, what with the lunar surface and a space station being your primary locations, and the most spacey synth soundtrack since, well, Mass Effect (or SG Universe if you're nasty). Sheeeeeiiiit, I might have to go play some right now, with 6 characters and normal/tvh/uvh there's always something to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. BruceVC Magister

BruceVC
    Why are you abstaining from gaming, I am surprised .....dont you play any games, didnt you play Witcher ?

^ Top  
  6. Shaki Learned

Shaki
    All the eurojank games from Spiders. Let's be honest, these are objectively not great, I never get an urge to replay them and I forget about their plot/characters a week after playing. But I always have shitloads of fun playing them once, and always get excited when they announce a new one.

Same with Jeff Vogel stuff, though few of his games were actually good and memorable enough to put them above "guilty pleasures" for me.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Gahbreeil Learned

Gahbreeil
    Ah, fact. My guilty pleasure RPG is none other than Planescape: Torment. It is great yet it is also pretty shallow and does not do justice to AD&D as much as in example Baldurs Gate does. The gimmicks like cutting a zombies stitching with a scalpel through dialogue is great though. Never finished it either.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag Patron

Deuce Traveler
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Here's something I feel guilty about admitting. I don't like vanilla Skyrim, but I did enjoy modding the hell out of it by using the BBB mods and turning the female characters from fugly to pretty hot. Then I download fan made houses like the Riverside Lodge with Sauna or Whiterun Mansion and fill it with hotties from the Companion mods and outfit them with some of the sexier clothing mods. Yeah, it's pretty sad, but it's nice to have a fantasy home away from home. An even sadder fact is I avoid the rest of the game. The fan-made homes are a lot better than anything you can get in the core game. I haven't started the game in years, but I also refuse to delete the 50+ gigs of data that houses the mods because it's nice to know the home is still there.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. GrafvonMoltke Shoutbox Purity League

GrafvonMoltke
    I played Fallout 4 for a few hours. I only played it to check out the sex mods, though.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. gummy Learned

gummy
    Coming on here and reading arguments about games I have no opinion on

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    lol..said "debt until your early 30's" from buying a house...kid must be 14 to think early 30's is some super ancient age to have debt until...reality is he would be lucky as fuck to even begin the first fucking year of his mortgage in his early 30's..lol

I remember thinking that I would be super old when I was 32

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. jebsmoker Arcane Patron

jebsmoker
    Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
    dungeon siege. sure, it's a click-fest, but exploring the world is so engrossing and it has some of best loot and dungeons i've seen in a diablo clone

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Rincewind Prophet

Rincewind
    FMV! I have a new-found enthusiasm for those mid-90s adventure games. But I don't really feel guilty about it...

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Bloodeyes Arcane

Bloodeyes
    Bethesda games. Can't say I'm guilty about it, but they generally aren't well regarded here. I acknowledge their flaws, and I when I play their old games I mourn for what that company could have been. Still, I enjoy them for what they are.

^ Top  
  15. MurkrLurkr Learned

MurkrLurkr
    Unfinished worthless RPG Maker H games downloaded from F95zone :bounce:

• Excited! Excited! x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.