Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your favorite Hitman game?

So?

• The first one

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Silent Assassin

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Contracts

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Blood Money

Votes: 25 55.6%

• Total voters

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Hitman: Contracts.
While it is seen as a remake of Codename 47, not only does it add other missions, but also vastly improves upon the foundation laid by the original game.
The somber tone and level design are the strong points of the game. Really, it's without a doubt the darkest Hitman game. The Meat King's Party mission is really fucked up.

Silent Assassin is also really good(great missions like Invitation to a Party and Anathema). Blood Money is also a serious contender for the best Hitman game, but I picked Contracts because of my personal preference for its soundtrack, dark ambience and level design.

═█═

Literate
I'm nostalgic for the first one. It looked fantastic on release and pushed a few boundaries. I only finished Hitman 2 though, I found the first Hitman quite difficult.
Replaying Codename 47 it blew my mind a little that the foliage had physics in the jungle, the freaking leaves and wines would realistically be pushed away by 47. It also had working mirrors and the ragdoll physics and small things like cloth being simulated.
Metal Gear Solid 5 (both Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain) has a lot of emergent gameplay features that intertwine with each other in various unexpected ways. There's a ranking system, but iirc it largely depends on how quickly you beat the mission.
I thought it was an open world deal like an Ubisoft game. How puzzle like are the levels? I have only played the PS2 Metal Gears and they kinda had what I want, but they're stuffed with cinematics and stuff. Is there more going on than just line of sight type of stealth? Or is it just Splinter Cell with Kojima storytelling? One of the reasons I like Thief so much is that you have to pay attention to the material you walk on and things like that, and that you can climb around using rope arrows, like it's not just hide-and-seek behind chest high walls and that kind of thing.
There is a series of games called "Death to Spies", it's basically WW2 Hitman where you play as a Soviet intelligence officer.
Didn't know this was even published in English, it's prolly the only real Hitman-like game that I know of.

Victor1234

Educated
I'm nostalgic for the first one. It looked fantastic on release and pushed a few boundaries. I only finished Hitman 2 though, I found the first Hitman quite difficult.
Replaying Codename 47 it blew my mind a little that the foliage had physics in the jungle, the freaking leaves and wines would realistically be pushed away by 47. It also had working mirrors and the ragdoll physics and small things like cloth being simulated.
Metal Gear Solid 5 (both Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain) has a lot of emergent gameplay features that intertwine with each other in various unexpected ways. There's a ranking system, but iirc it largely depends on how quickly you beat the mission.
I thought it was an open world deal like an Ubisoft game. How puzzle like are the levels? I have only played the PS2 Metal Gears and they kinda had what I want, but they're stuffed with cinematics and stuff. Is there more going on than just line of sight type of stealth? Or is it just Splinter Cell with Kojima storytelling? One of the reasons I like Thief so much is that you have to pay attention to the material you walk on and things like that, and that you can climb around using rope arrows, like it's not just hide-and-seek behind chest high walls and that kind of thing.
There is a series of games called "Death to Spies", it's basically WW2 Hitman where you play as a Soviet intelligence officer.
Didn't know this was even published in English, it's prolly the only real Hitman-like game that I know of.

Yes! I hated the jungle missions mostly (wasn't there a leopard or tiger that would eat you?) but I remember the rustling foliage and thinking it was cool. I thought the ragdoll physics were well done too. In the triad restaurant shoot out mission, if you shoot the police chief and the triad dudes while they're sitting at the table, sometimes they'd fall off and sometimes they'd just stay sitting or just move a little on the chair and keep twitching if you kept shooting....Cool stuff!

I've played Death to Spies but I've never heard it compared to Hitman before (it is pretty obscure so usually I've not seen it compared to anything...). If you ask me, I'd say it's more similar to Hidden & Dangerous 2 (which was more stealth and less shooting than the first one) with the proviso that you only control 1 dude and not a team. But even the weapon choices with all the silenced pistols and such reminded me of the loadouts in H&D2.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
All these years after playing Hitman 2: Silent Assasin, or as one friend still calls it - "Silent Assasinator", and today I found out that the uniforms of the maids inside the German Embassy in the St. Petersburg mission were correctly represented ingame:

20230727_194949.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm 47, but you can't see me because I'm taking the picture.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom