Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your mouse/keyboard combination

Repressed Homosexual
I use a Razer Mamba as a mouse, because I got tired of dealing with wires, and heard that his was the best mouse in the world. It is indeed an extremely comfortable mouse, and the wireless function is reliable and works well with no lag that I can perceive, however the battery doesn't quite last as long as I would like it to. I also heard that ergonomically, this was more or less the exact same as the Deathadder, which is less than half the price.

Razer products seem relatively unreliable from what I have seen, but I also heard that they have an exclusive deal for one of the best mouse lens out there. In the event that it would break, I would probably get a Deathadder because of this, in spite of Razer's somewhat bad reputation.

My keyboard is a Das Keyboard, with cherry brown keys. At first I thought that keys with so much resistance could prove to be a bit too much for action games, but I found out that it wasn't the case at all and in fact now I couldn't live without it. It made a total convert out of me as far as mechanical keyboards go. I also have to work pretty much all day on it, and it's so comfortable, it makes my work much more easier and agreeable, and my typing very efficient.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
A razer lycosa keyboard I won at a LAN party (nordic version, with æ, ø and å keys) and a Logitech MX 610 for left-handed people.

41TB7Y5J4ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg
razer-lycosa-01.jpg

The mouse fits me pretty well (I have large hands with pianists fingers. Many regular-sized mice makes me cramp up because they're too small). The keys on the lycosa are comfortable to type on with decent feedback. I had to take it apart to clean it some time ago however, and the space bar has been slightly unresponsive if you press it on the left side ever since.

Standard microsoft optical mouse w/ 2 buttons and a scroll wheel, black. Ortek MCK-600W keyboard, white. Both dirt cheap and performed flawlessly since I got them (which was sometime when I was still in grade school, don't remember exactly).

Never thought I would see all this ricer shit be popular on the codex.

Tycn

Savant
Model M and G9x.

Humanity has risen! said:
At first I thought that keys with so much resistance could prove to be a bit too much for action games, but I found out that it wasn't the case at all and in fact now I couldn't live without it.
Brown switches don't have much resistance at all.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
shitty K&M made by infamous companies

I've always used hard(resistant?) keyboards, are they actually better than silent keyboards(or not mutually exclusive) ? I get the impression people think they're better, but I don't think there's much of a tactile feedback difference

Do you guys disassemble and clean your K&M's?

Repressed Homosexual
Overweight Manatee said:
Standard microsoft optical mouse w/ 2 buttons and a scroll wheel, black. Ortek MCK-600W keyboard, white. Both dirt cheap and performed flawlessly since I got them (which was sometime when I was still in grade school, don't remember exactly).

Never thought I would see all this ricer shit be popular on the codex.

If it provides a more agreeable experience then I have nothing against optimized gamer gadgetry.

I would never go back to an optical mouse, for instance.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Genius Eye mouse and noname (only FCC ID) keyboard what serves me well for 10 years.

ortucis

Prophet
gm_swx6_otherviews03.jpg

gm_swx6_otherviews01.jpg

Microsoft SideWinder X6 = Best keyboard EVER!

17662.png

Logitech MX518 = Worst mouse EVER!

I should've stuck with Microsoft for mouse as well. Their cheap-ass Intellimouse was more fun to use in FPS games than this heavy piece of crap MX518 with buggy as shit sensitivity settings (they went kaput when the warranty ended). I am not surprised though. Everywhere I have used Logitech mouse they have always felt uncomfortable, keyboards are even worse. The only thing they are good at making is gamepads. That's why I have this..

Logitech-Cordless-Rumblepad-2-Gamepad-1.jpg

I have my eye on Razer as well for mouse replacement in near future.

thesoup

Arcane
Some cheap keyboard. Says "chicony". Works well, I'm not complaining.

Logitech MX 518 is teh mouse. It's awesome and I love it more than my family. Under my mouse there's a Razer Mantis Speed pad which is huge and awesome as well. I should buy a new one since this one got pretty dirty and it's used up to the point that my mouse doesn't slide the same on different areas of the pad. This happens when you use the same pad for four years. While I'm at it, does anyone have any advice on cleaning pads?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
No-name two-button mouse with scrollwheel + Logitech G15 keyboard, first generation.

The no-name mouse is a recent addition, as I've just dumped out a Razer Salmosa that I'd finally given up on. That's the second Razer mouse (out of two) that breaks down in one way or another before they become 1 year old. Therefore, I judge Razer products to be junk and will never use them again.

The keyboard is still going strong after 6+ years of usage, though I doubt I'll be getting myself a similar keyboard when this one expires.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Awor Szurkrarz said:
My keyboard is Logitech Deluxe keyboard. My mouse is A4Tech Run on Shine.

Hey I have an A4Tech mouse. This cheapo company has made better mice that have lasted me longer than all the Microsoft, Logitech whatever that I've had over the years. Still have a much abused 6 year old A4Tech optical mouse on my old PC. Wish they had A4Tech stuff for sale in Australia but the cartel there seems to not let it in. I'd rather pay 1/5th the price for a similar product even if it should last half as long(which from experience they haven't yet) than some overpriced marketed crap. A4 tech seem to make fancy gaming mice too, as they are just 20 dollars. Will try one eventually.

JrK

Prophet
sweex-keyboard-kb040uk-uk-multimedia-keyboard-black-detailed.jpg

+
big_fireglider_3.jpg

Keyboard does everything I want (I'd only spend more if I could find a good mechanical keyboard). Mouse is cheap but super high quality without any mouse wankery like line prediction. It has a macro button and editor which works well, 5 mouse buttons and a scroll wheel, an on the fly DPI selector with 6 possible settings (but you can customize) and adjustable weights. Precise, cheap and features are awesomesauce.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I have some Logitech G5(?) mouse and I'm waiting on my totally pro customized WASD keyboard.

:thumbsup:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What is funny is seeing how so many connoisseurs of the finer RPG experience have a need for the ultimate in twitch popamole super responsive mouse aids...I wouldn't have thought Might and Magic needed an extra 0.005ms response time.

Bruticis

I use a Deck Legend Fire with cherry blacks.
deck105_fire.jpg

For my mouse, I go with the Swiss Mionix Naos 5000
mionix-naos-5000-mouse.jpg

I like the onboard memory.
Finally, I just picked up a Logitech G13 based on some other Kodexers opinion and am trying to learn how to use it effectively.

circ

Arcane
Whatever keyboard comes with the computer. That usually lasts a good 2-3 years if not longer. Mouse lasts for about a year or two, then the mousewheel, or more specifically its clicking functionality dies and I have to replace it, which usually ends up being a MS optical mouse - cheap as fuck, excellent ergonomics.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
circ said:
its clicking functionality dies and I have to replace it
I just take soldering iron and swap most used microswitch with least used one. Or solder new microswitch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom