Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your new site sucks

Boleskine

Arcane
Crossposting from the other thread but I feel a few tweaks could make everyone happy.

I propose the following modifications to enhance the forum's modern look and feel.

5MxGcKv.png

Contagium

Savant
Patron
If there was something I never thought would EVER change, it'd be the Codex's website. I was wrong in the worst possible way and it hurts. For those of you old enough to remember, this reminds me of when Myspace went to shit and everyone stopped using it. I hope this is just a work in progress.

Funposter

Arcane
The old site was sort of shitty, but functional, on my mobile telephone. You've made it a lot worse. Thanks!
oh my god it's even worse on desktop

Edit: I thought it was just bad, but it's actually worse. I can't enter the thread New Button is Awesome without the screen flickering and going to shit, somewhat mirroring the performance reported in that thread from my mobile browser. You guys have really fucked this up lol.

Last edited:

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I fucking hate the new design. This is the worst UI change since Windows 7 -> Windows 8.

Nobody asked for this. Change for the sake of change?

Cael

Arcane
Hey, wasn't the top bar split viewed from the rest of the forum? Allowed you to click on your alerts wherever you were? That seem to have stopped.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If there was something I never thought would EVER change, it'd be the Codex's website. I was wrong in the worst possible way and it hurts. For those of you old enough to remember, this reminds me of when Myspace went to shit and everyone stopped using it. I hope this is just a work in progress.
Joined Aug 1, 2018

We've been through this before in 2012. It will likely be improved. It won't ever be exactly the same, much like xenforo 1.0 Codex wasn't exactly the same as phpBB Codex.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This is beyond shitty. I got dizzy from looking at this shit on desktop. On my phone it looks a little bit better than before, but on desktop it is an absolute abomination.

Gastrick

Cipher
List of UI problems:

Looks too smooth and lacks detail compared to the original UI.
When checking the "ratings received" page, each button takes up too much space, that instead of being able to view around 8-12 per page, it's only 3-5.
The thread list is clogged up by excessive empty space, instead of viewing 20 per page, it's 6.
No visual indicator that the pinned threads are pinned, need to search for the tiny pinned jpg.
When using the search engine, you can no longer click on the post text to link to the entire message.
The ratings are no longer sorted from most frequent to least frequent.
When looking at who made a post, the Name and title should come first before the image, because that is the most important information.
You can no longer see who rated a post if isn't you who received the rating.
The inconsequential ones, that Shoutbox is called "chat" and that Ratings are called "reactions".

Finally, no button to create a bulleted list.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
GGS? Your fuck toy is shitting all over again. Maximus isn't just retarded but needs a fucking diaper.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Edit: I thought it was just bad, but it's actually worse. I can't enter the thread New Button is Awesome without the screen flickering and going to shit, somewhat mirroring the performance reported in that thread from my mobile browser. You guys have really fucked this up lol.
Yeah, this is the problem I was having in the russia/ukraine thread. Made youtube crash in another window as well. Some plugin is messing with a graphics driver or something, I have no idea. Also on Brave btw.

Gaznak

Learned
Well, I didn't visit the Codex for some time, and now... Ugh, fffffucking god of shit! Who did THIS? WHY they did this? Are you freaking zoomers or what? Is this your intent to screw everything the normal people are fond of? Games, fantasy fiction, movies, Internet sites...

Damned times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom