Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Your test site sucks

Do you zoom in when reading the Codex?

• Yes, I usually or regularly zoom in (increasing the font size) in order to read the Codex.

Votes: 82 26.9%
  • On the odd occasion, I have had to zoom in. Maybe on a particular device.

Votes: 37 12.1%
  • No. Never.

Votes: 148 48.5%
  • Bitch, I zoom out.

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Oh Comrade of Kings, lament not our sins.

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Thank you!

I don't have any complaints, but the user name and avatar following me down a long post is creepy!

shywn

Savant
There's a silly amount of vertical space on the forums list and threads list.

Quotes are cut off after something like 100 pixels.

The stupid avatar left of a post doesn't scroll off the screen when you try to scroll down. (It's also excessively large.)

The stupid Home/Forums/What's new/Members pane is using space at the top of my screen and won't go away if I scroll down. Every time I press PageDown I have to scroll back up a bit to see what it's covering this time.

Everything is a thumbs-up Like now.

Apparently you can embed (i.e. display) images in profile posts now. Why.

Mystery meat navigation for those of us who disable font downloads. Is "Stay logged in" checked or not? I have no clue.

njzJFXE.png

There's a goddamn rich text editor. Those things weren't a good idea in 2005. Those things aren't a good idea in 2022.
It's especially not good when it's combined with mystery meat.

QCRkhHM.png

Basically, it's everything that's wrong with Web 3.0.

Last edited:

wishbonetail

Learned
So, at last, Codex is trying to be mobile friendly. On top of it, I would suggest to rename General RPG discussion into General Mobile Shit discussion and remove all of those goldboxes, IE, PoE threads into the new Spam subforum.

Mostly_Harmless

Barely Literate
The mobile cancer. So much wasted space, terrible colours.
You're retarded if you implement this.
"Don't you guys have phones?"
Not a fan, if the decision to implement this has already been made, an option to keep the old design would be appreciated.

CabbageHead

Novice
The test site already looks outdated, like one of those dead forums that littered the internet after discord became a thing. Why not embrace the ultra-outdated look of the current website instead? Just keep the signature old graphic, implement the new features and you're gold!

On another note, a more conspiratorial mind may think this graphic change and those animated pixel art buttons that being pushed hard on the buttons thread are a coordinated effort by the moderator to make Codex look more accessible, advertisement-friendly and marketable. Maybe someone trying to cash out?

fork

DarkUnderlord why do you want to change the site anyway? It's literally perfect as it is.

Security reasons! They want to protect our data!!!!!!1111

Infinitron: Google search actually penalizes the Codex for its current font size

Nah, just scaling to google's level, after the fundraiser last year, the userbase is sucked dry. Need new users, higher google ranking. Now all the bannings of undesireables begin to make more sense as well. And the intrusive ads.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm not an artist or graphic designer, but the best I can tell is the codex uses 3 colors that are mixed or have different shading effects to make the "look" of the current codex.

The current site uses the colors: #3f3f3f (gray) , #48505f (light blue) , #353f55 (dark blue)

The new site uses the colors: #383838 (gray) , #283246 (light blue) , #1d2434 (dark blue)

That's my bit of autism for today.

I'm not sure why they decided to change the colors, but it could be worse I suppose.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
On another note, a more conspiratorial mind may think this graphic change and those animated pixel art buttons that being pushed hard on the buttons thread are a coordinated effort by the moderator to make Codex look more accessible, advertisement-friendly and marketable. Maybe someone trying to cash out?
Why the fuck would anyone want to buy this dump?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why the fuck would anyone want to buy this dump?

Elon Musk bought Twitter *shrugs*

I doubt they are updating the look of the site with the intent to sell. I could believe they want more ad revenue from traffic though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom