Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Your test site sucks

Do you zoom in when reading the Codex?

• Yes, I usually or regularly zoom in (increasing the font size) in order to read the Codex.

Votes: 82 26.9%
  • On the odd occasion, I have had to zoom in. Maybe on a particular device.

Votes: 37 12.1%
  • No. Never.

Votes: 148 48.5%
  • Bitch, I zoom out.

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Oh Comrade of Kings, lament not our sins.

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can forgive shitty graphics if the story content is ok.

Graphics fags btfo

Zibniyat

Arcane
The good:
- homosexual button parade is gone and replaced with just one button (I don't doubt over time the cancer will once more spread uncontrollably all over the site to make it shittier than it needs to be)
- "expand" option for multiple quotes is quite nice and makes for readable posts, unlike the current horrible implementation (at least on the mobile version of the site)
- the option to jump to a specific page of the thread, sorely lacking in the current implementation of the (mobile) site

The bad:
- too many oversized UI elements, making it look ugly
- MUH BROFISTS! MAAAH RATINGS! cancer is spreading with "reaction score" and other childish pity badges of "forum success"

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
The test site looks like garbage. Please implement the same theme (colors, fonts, etc) as this current site before rolling it out to testing.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
It could be worse. At least it doesn't look like this other forum I frequent that uses the same software https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.php
for the love of god what the fuck are you browsing
A forum for zoomers trying to be nostalgic for the 90s and 2000s. I only go there because there are good schizo posts there sometimes.
I'm sorry but to me it looks like grooming grounds for sexual predators

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
UI on new site is too big as if it were designed for being viewed from a mobile phone.

Also, where is the shoutbox!?!?

Duraframe300

Arcane
Also what is it with the avatars moving when scrolling down threads?

That makes me physically sick. Who in their fucking mind thought that was a good idea?

Who thought *Well, I'm retarded so I forgot who posted this while reading a post, how horrible for my retarded ass that I have to scroll up for 0.5 fucking seconds to see it.*

BogusWhichCopperhead-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
So, at last, Codex is trying to be mobile friendly. On top of it, I would suggest to rename General RPG discussion into General Mobile Shit discussion and remove all of those goldboxes, IE, PoE threads into the new Spam subforum.

The site is already mobile friendly. I'm browsing it on my phone right now. The new design is just garbage.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
At least bring Tahoma back as the default font for posts.

If this goes live the way it is, I'll have a lot of fixing to do in Tampermonkey.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Don't really like the test site either. The gaps between the posts are too long, minimum length of posts are too long, font size of posts is too small, poster name/avatars are too large. The new grey background is also less tasteful, or maybe it's something else that got changed which makes the right part of the background stand out more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom