Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Your test site sucks

Do you zoom in when reading the Codex?

• Yes, I usually or regularly zoom in (increasing the font size) in order to read the Codex.

Votes: 82 26.9%
  • On the odd occasion, I have had to zoom in. Maybe on a particular device.

Votes: 37 12.1%
  • No. Never.

Votes: 148 48.5%
  • Bitch, I zoom out.

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Oh Comrade of Kings, lament not our sins.

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Also, we literally have publicly available statistics: http://extremetracking.com/open?login=codexrpg
zoU5Pv2.png

Hmm.

Absinthe

Arcane
Just so you know, DU, those tracking statistics get botched by any adblock or other filter that blocks trackers.

That's probably going to have some skewing effects since usually the more computer literate users are the ones to use adblock, and they are probably also more likely than average to have higher-end computers. Adblock, All-In-One Privacy/Security/whatever software, etc. is usually also PC software, so it's very probable the actual percentage of PC users vs cellphones is higher than what the statistics report.

Last edited:

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Re-build, yes. Port, no. The forum templates needed to be re-built. XF2 is enough of a monster that there are people who can do that for you.

I did not tell them to "copy everything exactly as you see it". But they're working on the theme. I did want something that felt re-freshed / updated but kept most of the same theme. So that Rex can finally have his graphics back and be at peace.

So the current test site layout is not the final one? Why show it to people at all in that state then, instead of waiting for the coders to finish re-building the theme?

Yes, in that case we probably would not have this thread and copious amounts of lulz would be lost forever.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Is it possible to add the page selector at the top of the page as well as at the bottom of the thread?

Also can we already start using the new site and have all our comments appear to all the people using the old?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So the current test site layout is not the final one?
Officially, I'm not worried about the theme at all on transition. When we first rolled out XF it took a few weeks before we ended up with what we've got now, from memory.

It's easy enough to fiddle with colours once you've got the basics. And we can give various people permission to mess with the theme if necessary until we end up with one that's right.

We're not just testing the theme though. The main test is that the data all transfers correctly and we have basic features working (news and content). Once the core feature-set is there, we can play with the theme until the cows come home. It's not hard to change. Most changes live in extra.less (because .css is old and you have to be hip with the kids).

Why show it to people at all in that state then, instead of waiting for the coders to finish re-building the theme?
If we had plain white vanilla default XF2, we'd have had just as much bitching. If previous upgrades are anything to go by, we won't get most of our feedback until we actually roll over to it.

And again, other features are being tested.

Also as suspected, the Codex is full of zoomers.

Grimlorn

Arcane
It needs tweaking, it's definitely not perfect, but it's fine, and no worse than the current layout. And remember: reactionaries only have one opinion, and it's always the same, so no one takes them seriously. Not even in the very few occasions in which they might be right.
It's amusing you think you're not a reactionary. You react the exact way the left wants you to every time you view something politically. Here it is pretty much universal that most Codexers dislike the new site, probably people on the left and right, but here you are making it a political issue by referencing those darn reactionaries.

You are a caricature of a human being, but I guess that's why they call people like you NPCs.
So you don't know what reactionary means, and you made an idiot of yourself in front of everyone. Sad.
Oh I'm aware dumbass. I was stating you were the left wing version of one.

Sentinel

Arcane
I like the test site.

Colours on alert notifications make it hard to distinguish between read/unread notifications.

The page number at the bottom of the thread is cut off at the top.

Other than that it's alright.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
XF2 is enough of a monster that there are people who can do that for you.

I did not tell them to "copy everything exactly as you see it". But they're working on the theme. I did want something that felt re-freshed / updated but kept most of the same theme.
We're rich enough to hire theme monkeys, without even a funding campaign?

It can't be because of the adblocked revenue, can it?

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Typical designed-for-mobile garbage. The most tell-tale sign of who this layout is supposed to cater to can be seen when you look at the numbers for thread replies/views:

Old:
old.jpg

New:
new.jpg

Bro, numbers are, like, complicated and shit!

:decline:

PS: New site looks ugly as fuck too. And where the hell are my badges?:argh:

PPS: Where is the public ignore list? Why can you no longer see who gave which rating? So much opportunity for delicious drama squandered!

Last edited:
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Yooo too many boomers here like wtf go back to your grandkids smh fam fr fr. We now be bussin with real RPGs like automata like wtf old man why see the characters from fucking drones no cap fr fr.

No wonder you have to zoom and shit.

Ravielsk

Magister
Sometimes, I zoom in on my phone. I have never zoomed in or out on PC.

Same. Its weird almost as if phones already a built in solution for dealing with site layout not handtailored for phones so that not every site needs to be overhauled for them.

Weird how that works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom