Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Your test site sucks

Do you zoom in when reading the Codex?

• Yes, I usually or regularly zoom in (increasing the font size) in order to read the Codex.

Votes: 82 26.9%
  • On the odd occasion, I have had to zoom in. Maybe on a particular device.

Votes: 37 12.1%
  • No. Never.

Votes: 148 48.5%
  • Bitch, I zoom out.

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Oh Comrade of Kings, lament not our sins.

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Some complaints are legit. Some of you seem to have developed... an emotional attachment? To a forum layout?

Peachcurl

Cipher

The Decline

Arcane
The current site works perfectly on my phone and tablet. The new site looks and works like crap on them.

Screenshot-20220520-115138920.jpg

Screenshot-20220520-115153392.jpg

WTF is this shit?

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
There is defiinitely too much space wasted, the Avatars are especially shit. The thing is that a Forum should be used to communicate, it's not a good idea to lessen the space you have for writing just to show static pictures of a user.
There is a lot of pointless stuff, like the moving avatar thing, or that the ratings pop up when you hover over them. Most of them are so low res that it looks like complete arse.

The text on the Main forum page actually goes into the circle for "there are new posts" that looks kinda shit and should be fixed even if that is not the biggest issue here.
When I go to Profiles the font to the top (Profile Posts, Latest Activity etc.) is barely readable there seems to be a extreme "bold" effect on it.

I really do not like how some aspects of the new Forum move with my scrolling, not only the avatars but the website top is following me. What is the point of that? It's irritating.
There should also be actual boxes on the right, as it is now It is irritating for me, please consider adding Borders and boxes around the different aspects just like the old layout. (Talking about "new posts" "members online now" etc.)
Ranselknulf pointed towards the use of colors, while that is naturally not a very important thing it is part of the codex Identity and regardless of what you actually want to change because you think it's an improvement it is my opinion that the colors should be the same as they are now.

I also think round corners are kinda gay, make them hard and Edgy please.

trais

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I did not tell them to "copy everything exactly as you see it".

And that was a mistake. The only feature in new layout that I like is the subtle gradient shift in posts' backgrounds, instead of alternating between lighter and darker solid colors.
Everything else absolutely scales to your level.

Dick

Educated
The font size really is tiny, I mean I regularly have to crank up the zoom level up to at least 175%, sometimes even up to 250 % to even be able to read a damn word. Are you all eagle-eyed or something? Maan

Unwanted

†††

Patron
The font size really is tiny, I mean I regularly have to crank up the zoom level up to at least 175%, sometimes even up to 250 % to even be able to read a damn word. Are you all eagle-eyed or something? Maan
Stop using 8K screens.

WhiteShark

Learned
sorry if someone posted this already but I hate the scrolling avatar/post box and I hate that the joined/messages lines are now these dumb fat icons and why is it showing facebook likes next to them too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom