Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Your test site sucks

Do you zoom in when reading the Codex?

• Yes, I usually or regularly zoom in (increasing the font size) in order to read the Codex.

Votes: 82 26.9%
  • On the odd occasion, I have had to zoom in. Maybe on a particular device.

Votes: 37 12.1%
  • No. Never.

Votes: 148 48.5%
  • Bitch, I zoom out.

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Oh Comrade of Kings, lament not our sins.

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I see there were some improvements done but the test site is still using the new colours,why?
Is it so hard to use the old colour palette? I think that would help the new one get a more classic look that will make everyone happier

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
It is starting to look better now. Remove all the rounded corners and change the colors and it would be pretty tolerable to me

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You have a great opportunity to turn this into MySpace. I miss animated pics, hawt girls, glitter on profile backgrounds and spam.

Gradenmayer

Learned
If that's supposed to be a more mobile friendly version- you really missed the marked. Even current codex is easier to navigate through on my phone than that.

Distances between elements are too big. Colors also suck compared to original. Just copy-paste the pallets please.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I like how the font-size gets bigger with each iteration.

There!

size-matters.png

Not.AI

Learned
I think current Codex site looks pretty good. What's wrong with it?

Font size is good. It's not small. Yeah, I'll zoom in if reading a novel. Double size font.

But never zoom in on forums. Most sites zoom out, right. Less empty space and smaller font, like here, is good and fine.

Okay, what is different then? Why zoom in on a novel, and zoom out on a forum?

Most text on all forums, forums being part of the internet, is shit. As you can see.

So the thing to do is skip it. The problem is that to skip reading it, you have to sort of see it quickly first. All at once.

Yeah, I'm saying you have to read everything in order to know what you can skip reading, so you can not read it. It's not actually a paradox though. There is reading1 and reading2. One involves more thought. Like the difference between hearing and listening.

You basically *need* eye of sauron power, which is provided naturally by SMOL font.

That's why old style forums are great. Everyone both reads everything and skips everything at the same time and then talks past each other, as they should. Like quantum mechanics.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
There are two missing features without which great drama would cease to be.

First, we really need to see more than the join year under the user avatar. The day and month are essential. How else are we going to compare dick size accurately and know who's the real newfag?

Also, we need to be able to click buttons and see who rated what. How else are we going to get all butthurt about others rating us retadred or figure out who's butthurt about us?

Lucumo

Educated
It looks pretty terrible. The worst part is the wasted screen real estate of 40-50% on the sides, probably followed by the too large font. I'm not some 80-year-old ffs. Everything else is bad too, don't think I've spotted a single improvement.

Modron

Arcane
Well I'd say his theme has a nicer look but why is there a foot of unused screen real estate? (especially grevious with the forum chat box is so squished)

Also make the forum title column smaller and give that space to the newest thread column.

LostHisMarbles

Learned
Many thanks to our resident techno-dwarf and Aussie mafia accountant for (am shocked) actually indulging me; the newly introduced post breaks are awesome :cool:

As to my opinion in general?
One last thing and i'd honestly say the new site's better than the current one. I know, i know.. What last one thing? You're wasting too much space for nothing.

Current:

TX45Djd.png

New:

HsmDFy7.png

Already an improvement, you can see how a third post's visible now, but why all that wasted space left and right?
(and as always, excuse my autism i mean filters)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom