Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Your test site sucks

Do you zoom in when reading the Codex?

• Yes, I usually or regularly zoom in (increasing the font size) in order to read the Codex.

Votes: 82 26.9%
  • On the odd occasion, I have had to zoom in. Maybe on a particular device.

Votes: 37 12.1%
  • No. Never.

Votes: 148 48.5%
  • Bitch, I zoom out.

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Oh Comrade of Kings, lament not our sins.

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I rarely post in this subforum and didn't want to start a new topic but I just wanted to say something about the new 12-sided D&D dice graphic at the top of the forum pages. I like it. It's a statement.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
A fixed full width version of the Xenforo theme would be kinda nice, right now if you want fixed width you have to use the new theme.

Codex Year of the Donut
add this to Ublock Origin under 'My Filters'
Code:
rpgcodex.net##.siropuChatMessageContentRight
rpgcodex.net##.siropuChatReactions

Codex Year of the Donut
get rid of the rounded corners(border-radius) on everything, looks like poo

and the circle avatars too(.avatar.border-radius)

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
add this to Ublock Origin under 'My Filters'
Code:
rpgcodex.net##.siropuChatMessageContentRight
rpgcodex.net##.siropuChatReactions

I disabled it like that, only for the sidebar:

Code:
#siropuChat.siropuChatSidebar .siropuChatMessages > li > .siropuChatMessageContentRight {
   visibility: hidden !important;
   display: none !important;
}

Thanks to uBlock Origin's new cloud functionality I was able to push the changes onto your device as well.

Codex Year of the Donut
Code:
document.body.querySelectorAll('*').forEach(function(node) { node.style.borderRadius = 0 });
I fixed your site, I'll send you an invoice

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
List of reactions under each post is definitely missing. How else are we going to update our Books of Grudges? It definitely exists for XF2, as it's present on Kiwi Farms.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
No join dates on the xenforo theme is heresy.

How else are we supposed to prejudge people without bothering to read their posts?

Edit: Twiglard has sorted this now. Much obliged.

Last edited:

Grimlorn

Arcane
Nu-Box is 70% wasted space
Not that different from the old box

Yes, but it was user created waste

e:
View attachment 24694
Fits when you use 150% zoom. This is fine for the regular theme. There can be a fixed width one like we have now, that would fix your issue and will work at 100%.

The theme is looking a lot better now. Not sure I like the hover over the brofist icon below a post to show other buttons thing though, but it's a 100 times better than before. Is there going to be a button to click on next to the thread title that takes you to the first new post like here? The yellow button. Right now clicking on a thread just takes you to the first page.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Ok some minor nitpicks. The search function should have the same options it has here. Also the Search and Filter function, when you click on them and the popup box for them comes up it's too far over to the right. It will hang off the edge of the screen, so it needs to move over to the left be in line with the right edge of the forum line. You probably already know this but the Codex troll doesn't fit in the upper left corner. The yellow/white message box next to each subforum is kind of bland, but that's very minor though.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I think we are nearing something decent. I would add my voice to those though who point out that there is a lot of wasted space left and right, other than that it's fine, i guess.

Grimlorn

Arcane
The brofist button seems like it's ok. It does save space to scroll through. Just maybe put it in the lower left corner where report is and move that somewhere else. Next to date of post or to the right of the reply button in bottom right corner. I like the smilies button on the post section. You can just scroll through all the options in 3 scrolls instead of having to go through full size images and tabs. It might be a bit too small. Even at 150% it's difficult to make them out. So maybe they could be a bit bigger 50% or whatever people who are at 100% zoom think.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
I think we are nearing something decent. I would add my voice to those though who point out that there is a lot of wasted space left and right, other than that it's fine, i guess.

Worst case, if Twiglard doesn't add a full width version of the design, it's very easy to fix by just removing the max-width from p-body-inner.

Twiglard seemingly pushed an update this morning and added back more info below the avatar. I think it's looking pretty good now overall.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
The brofist button seems like it's ok. It does save space to scroll through.

Too bad it's misaligned with other elements of the right footer, i.e. 'Edit', 'Reply'. Having it in text form saying literally 'Brofist' would make it stand out less.

List of things that only DarkUnderlord and Taluntain can do:

- add reaction list
upload_2022-5-29_10-57-37.png
- add more fields to the quick search popup

Grimlorn, post a screenshot for quick search being too far to the right.

Should ratings on the thread list be disabled? I think it's distracting.
upload_2022-5-29_11-0-49.png

Should there be a horizontal line between shitbox messages on the main page? Removing it will make long text misalign with the username.

What should happen to the timestamp on the full shitbox page?

Colors are totally arbitrary. I first picked Codex colors but then adjusted them to better fit the general layout. Feel free to complain about the worst colored elements.

Should the user info box (username, avatar, location etc.) be made larger to fit longer location fields? It was originally 120px but I made it 150px.

Is the report button better-positioned now? I should also mess around with ratings to put them in line with the quote/reply/brofist buttons on the right (DONE).

Quoted message colors for the caption (User said) and the message body could probably be improved.

Last edited:

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

Yes, this looks like shit. Please nuke it.

Colors are totally arbitrary. I first picked Codex colors but then adjusted them to better fit the general layout. Feel free to complain about the worst colored elements.
Colors look ok to me. Any chance that once the theme is finished you could clone it with dark mode colors so we can have two options?

shywn

Savant
It was never the styling part that couldn't be fixed. It's the changes in functionality that bothers me. But it seems I'm the only one who brought that up; everybody else just looked at the site and went "nope" -- never even tried to use it.

By the way, speaking of wasted space:

2MaXg1h.png

Grimlorn

Arcane
Twiglard
cdx1.jpg

cdx2.jpg

First is at 150% where the edge fits perfectly.
Second is at 100%. But the Search box should just be in line with the rest of the forum.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Screenshot from 2022-05-29 19-23-28.png

Good job discriminating against those with prestigious resolutions.

Also I don't like the extra step of having to hover the cursor over the brofist icon to get the full list of buttons. If the end game is making users use the buttons less, good job. Let's not mention the useless animation as well.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Probably
I personally like the dark blues.
Should the user info box (username, avatar, location etc.) be made larger to fit longer location fields? It was originally 120px but I made it 150px.
Probably not. Let people with too large a location suffer.
Is the report button better-positioned now?
It's ok, I never really use it.
Quoted message colors for the caption (User said) and the message body could probably be improved.
Maybe the orange color for user name is bad, but it is easier to read when it's already in quoted form when making a post. I can't think of a better color than orange that would show up on dark blue though besides white.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom