Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Your test site sucks

Do you zoom in when reading the Codex?

• Yes, I usually or regularly zoom in (increasing the font size) in order to read the Codex.

Votes: 82 26.9%
  • On the odd occasion, I have had to zoom in. Maybe on a particular device.

Votes: 37 12.1%
  • No. Never.

Votes: 148 48.5%
  • Bitch, I zoom out.

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Oh Comrade of Kings, lament not our sins.

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

SevenSidedDice

Learned
  • Use Inter (https://rsms.me/inter/) for the font, this new font is too soy for me, honestly.
    share.png

• Some UI elements are borked, like the page # on posts. It should be much lower, it's being obscured by the last post.
  • The user info box per post is too large, it could be much smaller.
  • The reactions look weird, the numbers need to be emphasized. I like the current "x2" system, it gives a lot of weight to the reactions. I can hardly see the numbers on the new design.
The new interface sucks. It is not ideal for text. It's not even ideal for shitposting (look at what any chan passes for "design". That's actually better than the redesign) because the design is conducive only to "muh newness". It's wrong. Please stop.

Yes, I voted for "Bitch, I zoom out".

Look up WCAG AAA before designing your website. I guarantee you, if you follow that, it will look decent even if your colorscheme is diarrhea.

https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG2AAA-Conformance
https://accessibleweb.com/rating/aaa/
Just the parts about colors, the rest is irrelevant.
https://accessible-colors.com/

I personally like the way the website looks right now, it has SOUL. The redesign looks like some half-hearted football forum or something. Utterly SOULLESS.
I like the new theme. Most of the issues have been fixed.
I think we're pretty much ready to move. Don't really care about the persistent "share" buttons. Put those in a collapsible menu, along with the report and bookmark buttons. Really, who's sharing posts from the codex anyway? We've got an entire ecosystem here.
The emojis should be in a box of their own, the way they are now.
Make the emoji menu instantaneous, I don't want to view that zoom.
Zoom on the emojis is an improvement.
Verdict: :incline:
:kfc:Haters need to try some tendies now.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Twiglard I like what you've done with the "click to expand" on long quotes.

Should satisfy the people that hate overly long quote pyramids taking up half the thread. Also curbs the worst excesses of pyramid builders.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The test site looks already better than the first draft, so thumb's up for that.

What really bugs me at the moment is that buttons don't have text anymore, currently on old Dex the button and the text are shown after a rating (e.g. :argh: rage), in the new site, it is just the button ( :argh: ) which is less expressive and more difficult for users who don't know what a button means (and some of them are not really self-explanatory). It would be good, if that could be fixed.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Regarding those:

4IXH3uH.jpg

I’m thinking of making a Pip Boy like so:

7UmVxIC.jpg

…instead of the speech bubbles. What kind of dimensions should I go for?

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
I didn't see any test site, is it only for patrons / donators?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom