Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Your test site sucks

Do you zoom in when reading the Codex?

• Yes, I usually or regularly zoom in (increasing the font size) in order to read the Codex.

Votes: 82 26.9%
  • On the odd occasion, I have had to zoom in. Maybe on a particular device.

Votes: 37 12.1%
  • No. Never.

Votes: 148 48.5%
  • Bitch, I zoom out.

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Oh Comrade of Kings, lament not our sins.

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
I didn't see any test site, is it only for patrons / donators?
You need to equip the ring use this link https://rpgcodex.net/xf2/.
I can't say the new site looks ugly but it does look less friendly if that makes sense. You don't feel like scrolling down or going to the next page for some reason. I don't know the psychology behind it but it feels like more is crammed into less space and hence you don't want to read, scroll or explore more. Anyone feel similar?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Regarding those:

4IXH3uH.jpg

Simply replace them with what we already have:

Image1.png

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
How the fuck do I get rid of this awful scrolling top bar on mobile? Whoever came up with this should be shot
Edit: watched threads no longer shows me the threads with new posts. It shows all of the threads I have watched. This is unusable.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't think this new look is much worse than the old one.
Certainly lacks a few QoL things (like clicking on existing rating to add another one of those) and needs a bunch of small-ish improvements (that border around ratings is terrible, can't tell stickied threads apart from the rest, etc.).

Can certainly be brought up to speed. But what I actually wonder:
Why was this done? Old forum outdated / software no longer maintained?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
If only we could harness the power of Codexian drama, autistic rage and whining combined. We'd never need to pay another electricity bill.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I don't think this new look is much worse than the old one.
Certainly lacks a few QoL things (like clicking on existing rating to add another one of those) and needs a bunch of small-ish improvements (that border around ratings is terrible, can't tell stickied threads apart from the rest, etc.).

Can certainly be brought up to speed. But what I actually wonder:
Why was this done? Old forum outdated / software no longer maintained?
Yes, the old Xenforo version was out of maintenance. Now we should be on Xenforo 2.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Taluntain please make sure to implement the "Ignore Thread" option as soon as possible. Most people - myself included - have a very specific taste in video games. So, I'd usually just put threads about games that don't interest me on my ignore list. That way, I'd only have to check out a hand full of threads per game subforum per day (i.e. the one that were not on my ignore list).

Now, there are 50 threads per subforum page. I can't tell which threads/games I've already checked out and discarded, because obviously I don't remember the names of games that didn't interest me. On the other hand, it's become infinitely harder finding threads of games that interest me, because they're hidden somewhere in the 50 threads per page and I'd have to go through all thread titles everyday again and again just to find/identify them.

Would be great if you somehow managed to migrate the list of ignored threads from the old site to the new site as well, so that I won't have to start checking out each and every thread/game again (my Ignored Threads list had over 100 pages - some game threads I could ignore by the information in the title alone, some others by the information in the respective thread, others only by going to the developer's site - so a lot of time and effort went into creating that list). Thank you.

All such features will be added back eventually but you have to realize that we've lost a shitload of custom functionality that's been added to the old forums over the years so it's going to take some time to get it back. It all needs to be recoded from scratch for XF2. I don't even know if that was a community addon or something that DU coded himself. But I'm sure it'll be added back sooner or later.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
This is what the scroll bar looks like on my phone. Even if it wasn't taking up a quarter of the screen, I wouldn't want it there. I have no need for these buttons to be at the top of the screen the entire time I'm using the site.
Screenshot_20220613-121150.png

SevenSidedDice

Learned
I like the new theme. Most of the issues have been fixed.
I think we're pretty much ready to move. Don't really care about the persistent "share" buttons. Put those in a collapsible menu, along with the report and bookmark buttons. Really, who's sharing posts from the codex anyway? We've got an entire ecosystem here.
The emojis should be in a box of their own, the way they are now.
Make the emoji menu instantaneous, I don't want to view that zoom.
Zoom on the emojis is an improvement.
Verdict: :incline:
:kfc:Haters need to try some tendies now.
I rescind my review until the new website is the same as the old test website.
:killit:

Semiurge

Cipher
Regarding those:

4IXH3uH.jpg

I’m thinking of making a Pip Boy like so:

7UmVxIC.jpg

…instead of the speech bubbles. What kind of dimensions should I go for?

Let go of your vault-boy obsession. Even though the classic Fallouts are respected here, the troll is the official mascot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom