Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zaharia [Turn based indie RPG]

OwNathan
Finally got around to playing the prototype.
My feedback is: backed! Hope you guys meet the goal.

Maybe Larian could give this a a shoutout in thier update next week? If the prototype is any indication, this is gonna be solid.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Either you can't edit, or you have a short time limit for editing, yeah.
I thought you might edit the OP for him.

Also, I'm not sure what the process is for getting a poster a developer tag, but he should have one.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
I have a strong feeling that there is absolutely no media covering of the KS campaign at all!
I sent a lot of mail, maybe they found it uninteresting for now, the indie world it's a little overcrowded lately.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well I hope you make it, but I think 120.000 pounds is unrealistic. I think you should have opted for, at most, 50.000 pounds and even that could be too much.

The STASIS campaign should be your compass. STASIS was made by an unknown developer and managed to get $132.523 which translates to 80.000 pounds, and believe me the campaign was masterfully handled.
STASIS also had other things going for it, such as the fact that an isomertric adventure game is something that has rarely been done --while many gamers actually wanted such a game-- and of course the exceptional visuals. Styg had made a name for himself with his exceptional renders before starting the kickstarter.

Kickstarter has been flooded with turn-based RPGs lately and many people, myself included, will think twice before adding another cRPG in their KS list, a list that's full of games that haven't yet been released.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Well I hope you make it, but I think 120.000 pounds is unrealistic. I think you should have opted for, at most, 50.000 pounds and even that could be too much.

The STASIS campaign should be your compass. STASIS was made by an unknown developer and managed to get $132.523 which translates to 80.000 pounds, and believe me the campaign was masterfully handled.
STASIS also had other things going for it, such as the fact that an isomertric adventure game is something that has rarely been done --while many gamers actually wanted such a game-- and of course the exceptional visuals. Styg had made a name for himself with his exceptional renders before starting the kickstarter.

Kickstarter has been flooded with turn-based RPGs lately and many people, myself included, will think twice before adding another cRPG in their KS list, a list that's full of games that haven't yet been released.
We can't do those things with 60k pounds, not even if we do it with shitty graphics.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's shady as fuck to ask for less money than you actually need. I applaud you for being honest with that OwNathan.

It's really a shame you don't have a better translator because I think that's your biggest obstacle to kickstarter success.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
It's shady as fuck to ask for less money than you actually need. I applaud you for being honest with that OwNathan.

It's really a shame you don't have a better translator because I think that's your biggest obstacle to kickstarter success.
We'll try to fix it asap, both for the prototype and for the page.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Hey man, your translation is fine. You just need an editor.

I know an editor.

His name is me.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks good. $20 is a bit too much for me to take the plunge at this time. Good luck!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom