Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zelda: Leaks of the kingdom thread

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
What do you actually want more than a release date?
What general changes and additions to the gameplay, world and quest design were made to this sequel...

Wunderbar

Arcane
It's been five years since BOTW release, and all they have to show is a 20 seconds video with barely any gameplay. And that's for a game that reuses BOTW engine, mechanics and assets.

Pathetic.

SumDrunkGuy

Another Nintendo Direct, no Metroid Prime 4. Not so much as a screenshot of it. That game is dead. Deader than Bloodlines 2 and System Shock 3.

grimace

Arcane
spoiler - unconfirmed alleged leak from 2019
Anonymous Tue 11 Jun 2019 16:48:36

Link, Zelda, and Hyrule Castle are thrown into the sacred realm where Malice is sourced from
Corpse Ganondorf is the knight who helped 10k Zelda seal Ganon 10k years ago
10k Zelda sealed Ganon in his body
She sacrificed her body to do this, specifically her right arm
Ganon and 10k Ganondorf are treated as separate entities
10k Ganondorf treated as tragic antihero
Ganon treated as eldritch ancient evil
Link also loses his right arm
Is replaced/augmented with 10k Zelda's right arm
Replaces Sheikah Slate, which is with Zelda, who is still in Hyrule Castle
10k Zelda's arm makes Master Sword unbreakable
It also replaces runes
You have to power it up gradually
Enemy weapons in Sacred Realm all break like paper, makes combat faster
Enemy weapons are much stronger than Master Sword
There is one town in Sacred Realm
There are three main dungeons that are more like regions of the map
Rivers of Malice like to attack you
Hyrule Castle is final dungeon again
Has been twisted into Ganon's castle
You need to be able to fly to reach it
Btw you can fly eventually
Development name that will not stay is Zelda Tenkei for the 10k pun and because of return of some traditional elements like partially linear progression, story focus, Ganondorf, dungeons, etc

Leaking because I'm dead inside and after hearing about this for months I just want to play it but I am pissed they aren't farther along on it.

Posted this in a thread first because I thought I was on catalog. See you in 2020 unless they delay it.

>Development name that will not stay is Zelda Tenkei for the 10k pun and because of return of some traditional elements like partially linear progression, story focus, Ganondorf, dungeons, etc​
>Zelda Tenkai​
>Tenkei​
>T K​
>Tears of the Kingdom​
oh shit​

Häyhä

Arbiter
It's been five years since BOTW release, and all they have to show is a 20 seconds video with barely any gameplay. And that's for a game that reuses BOTW engine, mechanics and assets.

Pathetic.
They have like 8 months to ramp up the hype and marketing, no reason to start before Christmas

Pathetic.
Showed more gameplay in the 2021 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-MRZBP91I

It's been in development longer than BOTW while reusing all its assets. They're either packing it full of actual content/following their original plan for BOTW (which was clearly rushed with half a story and mostly filler content) or the game's been done for a while and they're just sitting on it to use it as a launch title for a new machine. I have a hard time seeing them launch as next generation of console in May.

Häyhä

Arbiter
Quite the contrary, BotW brought quite literally a BREATH of fresh air to a franchise that had been trying to find it's way for several years already. It's the best Zelda game in years and one of the best "Open-world" games ever made with it's lack of hand-holding and emphasis of player freedom and the excitement of genuine exploration and discovery.

Edit: Also can we get a name change for the thread?

Bigg Boss

Arcane
If this game is just BOTW with a new coat of pain I might actually save 300 dollars for a console I will only play 5 games on anyway and just not play it.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Quite the contrary, BotW brought quite literally a BREATH of fresh air to a franchise that had been trying to find it's way for several years already. It's the best Zelda game in years and one of the best "Open-world" games ever made with it's lack of hand-holding and emphasis of player freedom and the excitement of genuine exploration and discovery.

Edit: Also can we get a name change for the thread?
Best game since link to the past was Link between worlds.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Windwaker HD was pretty good I do not give a fuck what people say. Skyward Sword had pretty good motion controls but they got boring up until the last fight where I felt like I was actually swordfighting. Rest of the game was forgettable though.

Pathetic.
Showed more gameplay in the 2021 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-MRZBP91I

It's been in development longer than BOTW while reusing all its assets. They're either packing it full of actual content/following their original plan for BOTW (which was clearly rushed with half a story and mostly filler content) or the game's been done for a while and they're just sitting on it to use it as a launch title for a new machine. I have a hard time seeing them launch as next generation of console in May.

I can't imagine Nintendo launching a new console anytime soon. The Switch is the best selling system they've had in ages, and new consoles aren't exactly setting the world on fire with their sales. The system came out four years after the PS4 and they're already getting within that systems numbers, as well as their Game Boy sales.

I kind of can't see a new Nintendo console coming for a few more years, especially with the position they've found themselves in with the Switch. You've got to also remember they're a handheld company now. They folded they're console and handheld departments into one back before the Switch came out, which is how lot of people guessed the Switch would be their new handheld replacement. When Nintendo does whatever comes next, it needs to also be able to have (at the least) the kind of battery life the Switch has, and it needs to be something they can sell at a normal console price...and Nintendo isn't in the business of taking a loss on console sales like Sony and Microsoft, and I guess also now Steam with the Steam Deck.

When Nintendo does whatever comes next, it needs to also be able to have (at the least) the kind of battery life the Switch has, and it needs to be something they can sell at a normal console price...and Nintendo isn't in the business of taking a loss on console sales like Sony and Microsoft, and I guess also now Steam with the Steam Deck.
Looking at the hardware speculation & leaks over at beyond3d it does sound like they could already put out significantly more powerful hardware within the same power envelope while selling at a similar profit as the switch's launch ( itself a bargain bin repackage of a near 2 year old ~$250 shield portable update that nvidia could find no buyers for).

There could also be a business/sales case for new hardware with heavy hitting console sellers like BOTW and Mario Odyssey running at less than 900p on the audience's now 4k TVs with crappy draw distances and plenty of aliasing, without even having to be a full on successor (3ds->new 3ds, ps4->ps4pro etc). Just being able to losslessly upscale a 1080p game to a 4k screen, doubling or tripling draw distance for stuff like grass/npcs/interactives and applying some AA/AF solution would do wonders for image quality. Millions of customers were already willing to pay extra just for an oled screen upgrade on their switch.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Pathetic.

I can't imagine Nintendo launching a new console anytime soon. The Switch is the best selling system they've had in ages, and new consoles aren't exactly setting the world on fire with their sales. The system came out four years after the PS4 and they're already getting within that systems numbers, as well as their Game Boy sales.

I kind of can't see a new Nintendo console coming for a few more years, especially with the position they've found themselves in with the Switch. You've got to also remember they're a handheld company now. They folded they're console and handheld departments into one back before the Switch came out, which is how lot of people guessed the Switch would be their new handheld replacement. When Nintendo does whatever comes next, it needs to also be able to have (at the least) the kind of battery life the Switch has, and it needs to be something they can sell at a normal console price...and Nintendo isn't in the business of taking a loss on console sales like Sony and Microsoft, and I guess also now Steam with the Steam Deck.

Nintendo's entire business philosophy is that they are only in competition with themselves and that alternatives might as well not exist.

Pathetic.

Nintendo's entire business philosophy is that they are only in competition with themselves and that alternatives might as well not exist.

Nintendo only talked like that when they were getting stomped by the competition in the home market. Now they’re leading the PS4...which they weren’t doing whenever I made that post.

That trailer is interesting. It looks like the team were watching some of the vehicle things people Jerry-rigged in Breath of the Wild and turned it into a fleshed out feature. Funnily it makes me think of that Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts that was actually kind of cool but that Banjo-Kazooie fans bitched about.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom