Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The 2010 Codex Top 5 RPGs Short Story Contest

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
<p>Some time ago esteemed community member <em>Jaesun</em> staged a <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=46288" target="_blank">big gathering</a> to establish once and for all (i.e. until the next poll) what the Codex Top 5 RPGs of all time are. Here are the results:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><span class="postbody">1. Fallout
2. Planescape:Torment
3. Arcanum
4. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
5. Fallout 2</span></p>
</blockquote>
<p>Now, what a lucky coincidence you might say but renowned abandonware vendor<strong> Good Old Games</strong> has them all, which is kinda the proof that GoG indeed have a few games in their catalogue which are good and old.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So we decided that we'll give out one copy of each of those games (PC games by the way, no console shit) to the fine BROs who deliver the best game-theme based short stories. So if you're opting for the PS:T copy, write a PS:T-themed story, if you want the Bloodlines copy, write a Bloodlines-themed piece etc. Also, spread out your efforts over all 5 games, if everyone just writes Arcanum stories that's too bad for you, keep in mind that there's only one copy of each game at stake.</p>
<p><strong>Alternatively, in case you win and you already own the game you've won and have no use for another copy, you can choose a different GoG game of your liking instead.</strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p>The contest ends <strong>December 1, 2010</strong>.</p>
<p>Either send your entries through the Contact Us! form, or just post them in this thread. A high profile council of staff members will elect the winners eventually in an utterly democratic manner.</p>
<p><span class="postbody">
</span></p>

DriacKin

Arbiter
So, in other words, you're offering a copy of Arcanum to people who've already played and most likely already own the game?

Brilliant!

(I'm assuming that somebody who is gonna write fanfiction about a game has most likely already played it.)

DriacKin said:
So, in other words, you're offering a copy of Arcanum to people who've already played and most likely already own the game?

Brilliant!

(I'm assuming that somebody who is gonna write fanfiction about a game has most likely already played it.)

Indeed. Fatal flaw. Especially since I have the full boxed original, t-shirt, etc.

How about you get a copy of whichever game you want from GoG?

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Blackadder said:
How about you get a copy of whichever game you want from GoG?
Would be more sensible, yes.

To be able to write a short story about a game is going to require you to have played it, really.

Now, what a lucky coincidence you might say but renowned abandonware vendor Good Old Games has them all
[...]
4. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Huh?

Andhaira

Arcane
Idon't understand what you want here. What do you mean by a game-themed story? Does the story have to take place in the gameworld for example? Does it have to feature characters from the video game?

Also, how long/short should the story be? How many words exactly?

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
updated the journal.

One more thing concerning Fallout 1/2, it's enough if you're entry is Fallout-based (i.e. happens in the Fallout Universe) even if it's about Fallout: New Vegas.

Does the story have to take place in the gameworld for example?
Yes somehow in the gameworld.

Does it have to feature characters from the video game?
no, but you can use characters if you choose to

Also, how long/short should the story be? How many words exactly?
More than a paragraph, less than a book. There were previous short story contests on the codex, you might want to do a little research to get an idea.

Regarding Bloodlines, I thought I saw it on GoG, but if they don't have it yet and you (the winner) really want a copy you will get one from somewhere else.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Regarding Bloodlines, I thought I saw it on GoG, bit if they don't have it yet and you (the winner) really want a copy you will get one from somewhere else.

An invite to bitgamer?

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Regarding Bloodlines, I thought I saw it on GoG, bit if they don't have it yet and you (the winner) really want a copy you will get one from somewhere else.
I don't even need the game nor will I be taking part, but you can find it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/

Activision jew prices though.

EDIT: The above suggestion is good too.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
zelda64whatagreatgame said:
links to previous contests? otherwise a ballpark page count would be good,

wtf do I have to explain everything? Here's a sample from the last contest (Arcanum themed): http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 48#1082448
It was actually one of the longer entries. So don't feel bad if your story is shorter than that. Just think something like your typically Azrael the Cat wall of text x 2.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I was surfing for vampire short stories on the web and was instantly inspired to write this piece. It's a love story. Enjoy.

The Vampire Chronicles Saga Legend: Vampire nocturaa satanus anus.
A short love story set in the world of the Masquerade.

By Zed.

It was dark and rainy outside. Luc de Lucard Deluxe von Vampyr was sitting on a cheap bed in a cheap hotel room waiting for a cheap filthy whore he had met an hour earlier in a cheap bar in this cheap no-name fucking part of Los Angeles. Talk about falling from grace. Only weeks earlier had he been at parties in Beverly Hills where beautiful chicks would compete to suck his cock while he was face down in kilos of coke. How the hell had he gone from drinking the blood of small catholic boys together with showbiz people at golf clubs to feeding on whores dirtier than African mosquitoes in filthy fucking holes like this?

It was The Masquerade. Those fucking cocksuckers making up shit holding you down. That was all it did. Hold you down, keep you in check, block your fucking cock. Vampires could rule the God damn planet. Why did they hide in the shadows, behind stupid fucking rules? Luc de Lucard would never be able to understand it.

He had been expelled from vampire society. The Camarilla put a bounty on his head. He was probably gonna get killed (or, well, you know) any day now. He was surprised he wasn't been offed already (again, you know).
He had decapitated a man on an open street. With a kick. The police had gotten hundreds of phone calls, and one person had caught it on his camera cellphone. Except Luc de Lucard couldn't be seen of course. "man on street HEADFAIL funniest movie on ytube." Fucking internet sensation.

There was a knock on the door. Luc de Lucard sat quiet for a while, lost in his thoughts, then went to the door and opened. Outside stood a pale, young, 20-something with wet red-dyed hair and slightly smudged mascara.

"You're late."
"Yeah, sorry, this other guy wouldn't pay up so I had to sort it out with-"
"Shut the fuck up. You're really fucking late and I'm hungry like a son-of-a-bitch."
"Oh." She grinned. "Bad-boy, are we? I can handle bad boys. Bad boys need to be punish-"
"Sure, whatever", he sighed as he swiftly grabbed her throat with his right hand.
He lifted her up, and threw her inside. "Fucking!-" she managed to scream before crashing into a chair. She raised herself surprisingly fast and continued: "Fucking psycho! I'm calling the cops!"
"Sure, whatever."
He slammed the door and walked over to her and punched her in the stomach. She folded, gasping, and fell unconscious.

When she woke up she was tied up on the bed with her arms out, like a cross. She had been stripped naked. She wasn't the only one bare. At the foot of the bed stood the psycho man, naked, with his dick erect. Who the hell was this psycho?
"My friends know where I am. The cops are probably on their way."
The man simply stood there, staring at her cunt.
"Hey! Hello? What-... Are you high or something?"
"No, I simply haven't had any blood lately." His voice changed pitch. "You'd be surprised how CRRRRAAAZY that can make you!"
He crossed his eyes and jumped on top of her with his tongue out.
"L-l-let me go!"
"Fat fucking chance." He stopped making the face and put his finger to her lips. "You're my red riding hood. I'm a fucking WOLF! I'm gonna fuck you, cut you up, fuck you some more... then eat you!" He was laughing hysterically.
"You fucking psycho!" She bit his finger. He didn't flinch. She tried to kick him off with her tied-up legs, making her dance like a fish on land.

He moved back and held up her tied-up legs. "I'm gonna fuck your fucking ass!"
"N-n-no-" She screamed as he entered her unprepared, dry anus. "F-.. Fu-..." He was pumping her at full speed and the whole bed was jumping with him.
"YEAH BITCH!", he shouted over her screams as he reached over and grabbed her throat.
She gasped for air as she tried to move somehow, but she was locked down. She felt her numb anus become wet and over her gasping and the psychotic man's grunting she could hear squishy noises. She realized that his was the end. She didn't have any friends. She had lied. No-one knew where she was and no-one would miss her.

Luc de Lucard pulled out and went into the bathroom.
Seconds later he came out again, laughing.
"Guess what I was gonna do?"
"F-.. Fuck you!" she managed.
"I was gonna piss. That's the fucking human in me!" he laughed as he walked over to the bed, holding his cock with both hands. "I was gonna fucking piss on the porcelain! Haaaa haaa haaa!" He leaned over and poked her in the face with his bloodied dick. "Me, a fucking vampire with an expiration date, going for the fucking loo to relieve myself. Jesus fucking christ." He started to piss on her face.
The warm liquid seemed to go everywhere. The mouth, nostril, eyes. She blew air and spat and tried to keep it away, but to no avail.
As he finished she coughed up spit, blood and piss.
He grabbed her hair and held up her head and screamed: "I'm gonna shit in your cunt!"
As he went around to the foot of the bed he saw the blood from her anus. His excited, psychotic expression changed. He stood silently and gaped for a minute. She was sobbing, with her eyes closed.
He dived in between her legs and started to lick the ravaged asshole. It didn't take long before he became excited again. "Oooooh yes. THIS is what I fucking needed!"
She didn't feel anything at first. But suddenly there was an explosion of pain. She screamed as she had never done before. Luc de Lucard looked up, and she could see a chunk of flesh between his teeth as he was grinning widely with blood smeared all over his face.
He spit the flesh onto her pale belly. "Oh WOW! You're still conscious. Your ass tastes great."
She could only answer him in a frozen horrified expression.
"Yeah it tastes really fucking good", he said quietly again as he got up and moved to the left side of the bed. "I wonder if the rest of you taste as good."
He held up her arm and looked at it. His eyes bulged to her pulse.
He cracked her forearm at the middle with a swift snap. Bones protruded through her arm and blood sprayed out like a fountain. She could barely scream anymore.
He put the arm to his mouth and sucked it like he'd suck a lobster.
"Yeah this is what Papa needed", he said happily and dropped the arms. It fell with a lifeless thud on the bed. She had lost consciousness.

Luc de Lucard was finished. He had sucked her dry then fucked her blood-filled throat. He had come over her face, now as red as her hair, or as anything else on the bed for that matter.
Her dislocated jaw dangled as he sat her up in the bed. He held a small pink camera cellphone he had found in her pockets.
"Smile... You little whore", he said and took a picture.

THE END.

I hope I win.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
bl086.png

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fallout:

The mutated cat shat on the mat.

PS:T

The rebus shat on the mat.

VTMB

The nosferatu shat on the mat.

Arcanum

Lord Poncenby shat on the mat.

Fallout 2

The mutated cat shat on the mat in New Reno.

THE END

Please PM me when you can with details as to how to collect my winnings. Thankyou.

Vibalist

Arcane
Already we have two very strong entries competing for the prize, coming from Zed and Commie respectively.

I can't wait for more of this awesome fanfiction :salute:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I have read my own entry like 4 times now and every time I laugh. It's probably my best work of fiction ever. How can I ever top this. Maybe I should write rapemurder-fiction for Fallout as well. Great Khans go to Gomorrah. How 'bout that.

Data4

Arcane
"Bored now", Jeanette sighed to herself as she slid gingerly off her multi-headed Sybian and gazed wistfully out of the hazy window of her apartment above the Asylum. Santa Monica had that effect on you.

Nah, don't have it in me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom