Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

rêve

Novice
After nearly 100 hours in cRPG I can say this both scratches the MMO itch and captures the feeling of the multiplayer games of the 90's - it has communities, private games you can join and a map making scene.

Zanzoken

Arcane
still inferior to modded warband, isn't it?

If you only care about combat and nothing else, then Bannerlord is the way to go.

If you want a campaign that actually feels like roleplaying a feudal lord -- with diplomacy, economy, kingdom management, etc -- stick with modded Warband.

Thane Solus

Arcane
still inferior to modded warband, isn't it?

nah its fine in 1.1.5, u just need... about 20 mods. Native... completely broken. But with core gameplay mods, its pretty awesome (i didn't bought it, but i might due to scene mod editor) - havent bought a game from steam since 2019 September (transfered traffic from indies to EA/Ubisoft), and i will not, unless for modding tools like this, cause they are behind steam paywall. "We hate the West" but then doing exactly what West does, FUCK YOU TURKS!

Basically Skyrim, but with mods. That's Bannerlord! less ESG (C) (TM) inclusivity tho, up to a point... "Roman" empire has maybe 2 decent helmets the rest are made by Tod Howard Skyrim/Oblivion retardo cousin, a fat retardo blonde that destroyed Oblivion (think of the character models faces)

Also for illiterate technical retards on this forum (90%), Bannerlod is made in Unity, probably custom HDRP pipeline (quite something, since its quite broken, URP barely works) and 1.1.5 and up, has good graphics and quite good performance these days, they went quite deep + custom flora(from that garbage company that made Gaia). I remember trying in Early Access, the performance was so bad, jesus, most likely because Unity. If they wouldve used Unreal, well x10 times performance problems, due to semi open game setting, big open scene, load scenes, unreal hates that or anything that is not a scene with some retardo third person shooter mechanic and even these retardo projects fail.

Well, its fine with 20+ mods, so bassicly garbage game... or the best game u played, if you can use a PC, which is rare these days.

Thane Solus

Arcane
with core gameplay mods, its pretty awesome
like pendor, floris or warsword?

Tbh i didnt liked pendor at first, until i played a bit more and i fracking love every second of it. There are some big mods like that, but i used a collection of mods, while playing adding/fixing things that were problematic. Do not even start the game without Diplomacy ))

The biggest one i remember is https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2428 and i think there is another one similar, but they are highly incompatible with a lot of mods, so i prefer to make my own collection "experience".

deama

Prophet
Did anyone ever make a M&B (not necessarily Bannerlord) mod that turns the game into a Rogue-Like / Rogue-Light?
You mean only allow 1 save and force save after each decision?
And if you die, give you some "points" that you could spend to make your next life easier?

So can I finally play Bannerlord?
It depends.
How autistic you can get about "muh Pendor experince"?
I last played it in 2020. It was impossible to complete any of the campaigns from what I recall. I uninstalled it and made a note to pick it up again a few years when they get around to fixing it.

Anyway I am downloading again now and will try it.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Did anyone ever make a M&B (not necessarily Bannerlord) mod that turns the game into a Rogue-Like / Rogue-Light?
And if you die, give you some "points" that you could spend to make your next life easier?
Yes, something along that line. For instance, every character is from the same dynastic line, profiting from structural improvements of the faction (such as access to higher quality gear, passice income, etc.)

deama

Prophet
Yes, something along that line. For instance, every character is from the same dynastic line, profiting from structural improvements of the faction (such as access to higher quality gear, passice income, etc.)
You can sort of do that now, I think I saw an iron man mode at some point, and then you can just cheat extra points during character creation the more you die.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Iron man is fine,
You can sort of do that now, I think I saw an iron man mode at some point, and then you can just cheat extra points during character creation the more you die.
I mean, sure, I could do that. But that'd be pretty much equivalent to modding it myself, only without any nice glue to make it play smoothly.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The game has a sweet spot where it's actually alright but the moment you try to go beyond that, mostly by actually conquering territory, it becomes a complete chore.

The game has a sweet spot where it's actually alright but the moment you try to go beyond that, mostly by actually conquering territory, it becomes a complete chore.
I never finished it due to crashes and inability to correctly save but also I had that sense 2/3rds of the way to the end of a campaign. Perhaps just over the half way mark I would auto resolve battles as it grew it a bit tedious going through the motions. The first half is quite a thrill though.

Anyway its still downloading, nearly done.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Iron man is fine,
I mean, sure, I could do that. But that'd be pretty much equivalent to modding it myself, only without any nice glue to make it play smoothly.
Isn't the base game thus? Your dude dies either of natural or other causes and you get to play as some other clan member who can sport your old dudes loot.

boot

Prophet
I still prefer Warband to Bannerlord, I think it's mostly due to Bannerlord's clan system/companions/characterbuilding being inferior to Warband's. Bannerlord's mod scene may never catch up to Warband's mod scene, either.

Last edited:

boot

Prophet
They need to stop patching it so mods stop breaking

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom