Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zelda: Leaks of the kingdom thread

Ezekiel

Arcane
This one is annoying too. There's a drain in the water again and I don't know if I'm supposed to get water into that spinning structure up there. Don't like the Water Temple. Desert Temple was the only one so far I did like.

zelda-water-east.jpg

Ezekiel

Arcane
I have explored little of the depths compared to the overworld and sky, and already have the hero's tunic and cap. His sideburns are still terrible, but a little less so with it on.

ryujinx-capture-2023-07-16-12-55-24.png

ryujinx-capture-2023-07-16-12-57-01.png

ryujinx-capture-2023-07-16-12-55-34.png

ryujinx-capture-2023-07-16-12-55-03.png

ryujinx-capture-2023-07-16-12-54-39.png

I have finished almost every shrine that I have attempted. (The shrines with the gold behind them on the map are the ones discovered and not finished.) Which makes me dislike this Water Temple more. If I had trouble with the shrines, I would blame my ineptness for the Water Temple. Anyway, haven't been in the Temple since my last post.

Ezekiel

Arcane

Especially now that she talks.
Yeah, Zelda games and voice acting beyond "umms and eeks" or "sims-speak" just don't mix; on top of that what they went with especially doesn't mix. Glad they didn't butcher Link (yet...).
And how about Ganon? He had this deep, imposing, manly voice. Now that he speaks he's so ordinary. I forgot until I watched more of these teardrop memories.

One 'cheat' to make short work of several shrines is to fuse bomb flowers to your shield so you can launch yourself past obstacles by shield surfing or attach a rocket to your shield and just block. I initially didn't care much about expanding the shield inventory but having like 4 bomb shields on reserve is really convenient. I kind of like to go on foot or horseback rather than rely on machines for the most part, and this gives some nice easy-access vertical travel.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
And how about Ganon? He had this deep, imposing, manly voice. Now that he speaks he's so ordinary. I forgot until I watched more of these teardrop memories.
Yup, it just doesn't work for anyone; Zelda games shouldn't have recognizable speech, pretty simple really.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Oh, I don't have to get these photos of creatures processed with anyone; they are just automatically added to the compendium. My album has been maxed out for so long that I've mostly only made room for the sky tablets that the guy in Kakariko wants and barely taken the opportunities with creatures. I've kind of hated this aspect ever since Wind Waker.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Dang, played for hours and hours today. Yeah, even with all the things I dislike about these new Zelda games, including the crafting of health items that gets very tiresome compared to just picking up hearts, and even though I still prefer the tight design of linear games, and though I still wish the overworld were completely new, and as much as I miss the old dungeons, it still smacks the GTA and Far Cry 3 mission formulae that all the other big devs use. When I watch a cutscene in Red Dead 2, I will actually only glance now and again as I check the internet on my phone, which I of course never do with movies and TV shows, because these forced game stories are just so fricking pretentious and dull. Other open world games never wanna leave me alone to just explore the game as I want and find secrets creatively laid out in the world. Most of the rewards are pointless in Tears of the Kingdom, but, as I said some pages ago, Zelda in 3D has always been like that: too easy to drive collecting. You collect for the fun of it.

I would try out Elden Ring to see what FromSoftware did with an open world, but I still have not enough desire to play what artistically looks like yet another Dark Souls and am still tired of their try-hard attitude with difficulty. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II were fine in that regard. Then Dark Souls III and Bloodborne were the first that I finished but never had the patience or interest in to 100 percent complete like the previous games. Quit Sekiro on the last boss, after only a few tries, far fewer than some of the bosses in Demon's and Dark Souls years earlier, and then couldn't even get anywhere close to the end when I tried starting over maybe two years later. Also, that dodge roll. I've grown to hate that stupid dodge roll. Need a way bigger discount on Elden Ring.

Last edited:
Dang, played for hours and hours today. Yeah, even with all the things I dislike about these new Zelda games, including the crafting of health items that gets very tiresome compared to just picking up hearts

I kinda like cooking, tbh

I find it problematic that you can eat a buffet mid-combat and heal yourself to full.

But it's fun to just experiment with ingredients and learn the recipes. Could be that I just like cooking IRL. Once you learn a base recipe like crepes, or curry, or fried food, it's kinda fun to tweak it in order to fill the recipe book.

Granted from a gameplay standpoint all the recipes are just different ways of gaining more health for the most part, and you can be just as efficient with your rations by cooking 5 hyrule herbs as you are by cooking a high health pizza or something... but the gameplay flavor of cooking stuff doesn't really bug me.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Oh, there are multiple classic Link dress options. Cap of the Sky further reduces the terrible hippy sideburns from Hero's Cap. But now I already healed the old lady and bought the Sheikah outfit, which doesn't go with green caps.

ryujinx-capture-2023-07-23-16-56-03.png

ryujinx-capture-2023-07-23-16-56-12.png

ryujinx-capture-2023-07-23-16-55-31.png

ryujinx-capture-2023-07-23-16-55-50.png

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Finally managed to reach the highest island (the one that drops the initial ancient hyrule text) after finding and modifying a "drone" made with one of those grates that don't destroy unlike many other contraptions do (big hover slate that costs 100 Zonaite to auto-build is such a scam for this reason). There is nothing up there, but reaching still felt good. This is how you do achievements properly in a game, take note Blizzcucks!

I'm still having fun with the game after no idea how many hours, despite the game having some major (weapon durability system/set upgrade grind/set bonuses vs mix'n'match/blood moon/low difficulty) and minor (abysmal writing/technical performance) imperfections that get on my nerves now.

Neuromancer

Augur
Finally managed to reach the highest island (the one that drops the initial ancient hyrule text) after finding and modifying a "drone" made with one of those grates that don't destroy unlike many other contraptions do (big hover slate that costs 100 Zonaite to auto-build is such a scam for this reason). There is nothing up there, but reaching still felt good. This is how you do achievements properly in a game, take note Blizzcucks!

I'm still having fun with the game after no idea how many hours, despite the game having some major (weapon durability system/set upgrade grind/set bonuses vs mix'n'match/blood moon/low difficulty) and minor (abysmal writing/technical performance) imperfections that get on my nerves now.
Have you played Breath of the Wild?
If yes, can you compare both of these games?

I ask, because I got bored with Breath of the Wild after some hours and I wonder if this new game can be interesting for someone how didn't really appreciate the previous game.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Yes, I did. No, I wouldn't.

I don't really see how this game could magically make you fall in love, if you got bored by BotW. There is only one slim possibility really. Despite the writing being comically bad, I think this game has a much stronger narrative hook to keep you playing during the beginning stages of the game compared to BotW. Unless you actually followed the narrative hook of BotW and immediately tried to defeat Ganon after getting the glider.

Compared to BotW this game has more going on, but the fundamental issues that the previous game had are also present here.

Ezekiel

Arcane
This one is annoying too.
Had no clue either so i just got right next to it and shot it with arrows, got it on the 4th try lol. The actual puzzle/solution? No idea.
That's what I ended up doing too. Shot like eight arrows before one went in. Lame.

With this last of the four "dungeons" I finally started the second row of hearts. Stamina has been max for a long while. Seems unreal that there are still 76 shrines left, looking at how cluttered the map already is. I've finished almost every one I've found. Unless there are more full heart pieces, more "dungeons." Quoted because they're mostly crappy compared to what we had before, in part because you have too many abilities with physics from the start to structure them as they were, not to mention being able to climb almost anything.

I made a bunch of gloom healing food before I returned to the Fire Temple, and only realized when I got there that I had unknowingly already found the light root that disinfected the temple in all my exploration.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Only now do I get the shrine sensor from the last game, along with some other functions of the tablet. I was supposed to go to Robbie again way sooner. But finding the shrines without help was nice too. I've done more than in Breath, after thinking that I did so much in that game only because I played outside my home. Played this one only on the computer. Could have saved a lot of money on games. Portability was still nice, but I never take public transit anymore and barely have time at work. Never had a handheld as a kid, so I have no attachment. Big brother barely let me use his Game Gear.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
In real life harvesting got late due to rain
but in vidyagaemz world it's already harvesting season for Nintendo

Nintendo registers numerous new patents from Tears of the Kingdom, even for loading screens​

Within Japan’s game and entertainment industry, Nintendo stands out for the volume and competitiveness of their patents. In a study by Patent Result, it was found that Nintendo’s patents had been cited as ground for rejection of other companies’ patents in 180 cases during the year 2022. A large portion of Nintendo’s patents are unsurprisingly related to technology used in the latest entry to the Zelda series, Tears of the Kingdom.

One patent (as spotted by naoya2k) that appears to be “obvious” as a functionality at first glance is related to the calculations performed while Link rides on top of objects. The solution is described as follows: “the movement of movable dynamic objects placed in the virtual space is controlled by physics calculations, and the movement of the player’s character is controlled by user input. When the player’s character and a dynamic object come in contact in the downward direction relative to the character (in other words, when the character is on top of an object), the movement of the dynamic object is added to the movement of the player’s character.”Put simply, the game judges when Link is making contact with a movable object underneath him, and if the object moves, Link will automatically move in the same way and speed as the object does, without any input being made.

A rather unexpected mechanic of Tears of the Kingdom that has been patented by Nintendo is the very brief loading sequence that commences when using fast travel to instantly relocate to another place in the vast world. The patent is a solution to providing “a game processing method capable of enriching game presentation during a waiting period in which at least part of the game processing is interrupted” and consists of filling up the loading period that ensues after the user inputs their fast travel destination with a sequence in which an image of the starting point’s map transitions into a map of the destination.
http://web.archive.org/web/20230809140422/https://automaton-media.com/en/news/20230808-20590/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom