Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by MF

1. MF

Update # 4: From Concept Art To In-Game Suit

We’re long overdue for another development update, and while writing about everything that has been done since the last one, I thought it would be better to drip feed cool stuff instead of compiling a tome. I’ll keep this one short and sweet with some images and do another one sooner rather than...
  2. MF

Titan Outpost Release Thread

Thanks. Yeah GoG is still gatekeeping and releasing on itch isn't worth the hassle right now (that might change). Besides, I like how Steam works. Jovian System will have a new soundtrack. Finished about three tracks so far. I usually write them while working on the locations.
  3. MF

Colony Ship Bug Reports

Elhoim this computer prop in the hydroponics red zone with the two floater containment tanks has flipped textures. Doubt a lot of people care but my brain triggers on mirrored text.
  4. MF

The Jovian System

Well, there is in fact news. A sort of pretest was done with just two friends and there were so many things that needed work that I didn't want to do a more public test yet, not even a closed one. Made huge strides since, but it's all in terms of scaffolding the systems, making the frameworks...
  5. MF

Game News Colony Ship Released

Congratulations! Can't wait to see what changed since early EA and play it through the end, though I'll probably have to roll a fresh character.
  6. MF

To Unity Developers: Will you switch engines?

Even 'primitive' types in C# are structures. A float is System.Single for example. The advantage over a class is that it's dropped on the stack and not the heap. Use the unsafe keyword and * and & if you want pointer level of control.
  7. MF

My Grimoire 2 DEMANDS

Your laywer would first need to disprove use of Dick.
  8. MF

C# JIT compiles to bytecode that is really similar to what C++ compiles to. You can manually optimize C# in the same way you can optimize cpp. C++ doesn't do a lot of handholding in terms of memory, so if you're using C# to allow yourself to be careless with allocation, C++ will force you to...
  9. MF

It's a valid enough excuse. If I have to build everything I need myself, my game would take ten more years. Now that there is C# support it's starting to become feasible, but I still can't use it. I think Stride might outpace it and be useful earlier. Its full stack C# architecture is really...
  10. MF

I'm not going to switch engines for TJS, I have enough on my plate as it is. I am however writing as much decoupled code as I can. It's part of the reason development has slowed down. I've been doing that for a while so I can maintain the codebase better, but it also means I can switch engines...
  11. MF

Unity reveals plans to charge developers per game install - plans modified and CEO fired, lol

It's beyond retarded. Even removing Plus is ridiculous. I don't want enterprise features or a cloud AI. The per install fee is never gonna fly and they're already backpedaling on that. Unity is based in San Francisco so who knows, but legal department for a company I do contract work for says...
  12. MF

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

Fair enough. Are you supporting mobile platforms, Nathaniel3W?
  13. MF

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

Can't you hijack the built-in occlusion culling mechanism? In Unity I'd use layers to determine if my shader should stencil or not. I'd make a foliage layer or something more generalized and limit expensive culling calls to that layer. Either that or use staggered raymarching to see if anything...
  14. MF

Game News Alpha gameplay footage from Archaelund, coming to Early Access later this year

Just write a shader that uses a stencil buffer to make the part that is occluded semi-transparent.
  15. MF

Help me find a 90s medieval-themed game

KORT? (Knights of the Round Table)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom