Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recent content by Roguey

1. Roguey

Cain on Games - Tim Cain's new YouTube channel

Knights of the Old Republic 2, The Witcher, and Mask of the Betrayer. Jank gameplay all around sure, but the the art and the writing were all fine. Some also like the first Mass Effect. It was okay, not bad.
  2. Roguey

I wouldn't say things are terrible, but I'm a person of my time and the best period for RPGs was the zeitgeist of 1997-2007. There have been some pretty good ones released since then, especially after 2013, but aesthetically, they're not quite what I want.
  3. Roguey

The Outer Worlds 2

He was de-ownered and then quit because of that. Chris's story is that they de-ownered him because of all his disagreements with the other owners. It is alleged that the official internal reason for de-ownering him was unprofessional conduct (showing up to work in the afternoon after having...
  4. Roguey

Fallout TV not being true to the lore is a superficial complaint. It could be 100% first-Fallout accurate and I'd still be annoyed by the obnoxious characters and dialogue that don't feel like they belong in the Fallout setting to me (contrary to the claims of Cain and Freyermuth and seemingly...
  5. Roguey

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

It would be impossible for him to write everything, but he was responsible for direction. The buck stops with him (unless Feargus meddled in which case Feargus takes the blame). Also Outer Worlds won a Nebula for its writing, beating Disco Elysium. :M Libs gonna lib...
  6. Roguey

Fallout Playing Fallout 1 for the first time

Et Tu is not Fallout, it's a fan-made remake. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/fallout-et-tu-lets-you-play-fallout-in-the-fallout-2-engine.131770/post-6525522
  7. Roguey

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

The Avellone go-to is to blame Feargus's meddling. :P The plot came from Leonard Boyarsky and Tim Cain.
  8. Roguey

The Outer Worlds 2

Avellone gives Boyarsky and Adler the royal snub:
  9. Roguey

Certainly not. Innovative means new features/mechanics/design. You can, but there are trade-offs as Tim actually mentioned and they apply to games he wasn't involved with.
  10. Roguey

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Scattered to the winds.
  11. Roguey

Troika had no time for R&D. They had three years to make Arcanum and Bloodlines and they were messes, much less than that for ToEE. Tim over here is saying that big budget studios paying people to R&D may result in games that are both innovative and polished (rather than your choices being...
  12. Roguey

Tim reading that glassdoor review of inxile that mentioned "Not enough research and development time leads to building the plane while flying it." and facepalming. :)
  13. Roguey

Tim himself says he has no interest in doing sequels. He's happily work-for-hire. His work was Fallout and it remains as it was.
  14. Roguey

Yep, it's like playing the slots.

Yep, it's like playing the slots.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom