Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brett ‏@SirCrest Nov 19
Wasteland 2 gets some incredibly big patches. This is a game that gets better as time goes on. They'd fixed a ton of stuff.

Chris Keenan‏@rangerkeenan
@SirCrest we've got some exciting things in store for the future.

I'm told that Keenan is still assigned to working on Wasteland 2 full-time - he's not been moved on to Torment.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
005853b6e6.png

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bros, I need advise.

I'm in Hollywood/Griffith Park right now. Got a signal from Arizona, got Zeolite, upgraded my suits, so basically I'm ready to go to Seal Beach. But I have a lot of unfinished quests in Hollywood and Griffith Park.

I don't get how to solve the slavery quest, I've killed slavers in the basement and freed the slaves, but it doesn't count as a confirmation of slavery in town.

Also, is there a way to remove a God's Militia threat from Hollywood except killing them all?

SniperHF

Arcane
Bros, I need advise.

I don't get how to solve the slavery quest, I've killed slavers in the basement and freed the slaves, but it doesn't count as a confirmation of slavery in town.

Also, is there a way to remove a God's Militia threat from Hollywood except killing them all?

Yes there is. The slavery quest has awful in-game feedback and it's related to your second issue.

Now for the super spoilery version:
Basically you have to figure out who Mistress Veronica's lover is and that leads to a whole questline revolving around Heidi and the Chamber of Commerce. (I think you already did this?) After that you have to deal with the slavers at both the Hotel California and the Diner. There is a safe/container with evidence in one of those locations. Also I think you can do this out of order in the more recent patches.

If you told Heidi that Veronica has a lover I think you are SOL.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bros, I need advise.

Yes there is. The slavery quest has awful in-game feedback and it's related to your second issue.

Now for the super spoilery version:
Basically you have to figure out who Mistress Veronica's lover is and that leads to a whole questline revolving around Heidi and the Chamber of Commerce. (I think you already did this?) After that you have to deal with the slavers at both the Hotel California and the Diner. There is a safe/container with evidence in one of those locations. Also I think you can do this out of order in the more recent patches.

If you told Heidi that Veronica has a lover I think you are SOL.
All right, I'll do the lover quest, forgot about it.

Thx, bro:brodex:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Vax is probably the most crazy-ass robot I've seen in my life.

When I watch him shootin' honey badgers with passion, screaming "DIE HUMAN DIE", it is almost hypnotizing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/posts/1071375

Hello again Rangers!

Wasteland 2 has been out for just a few months now and we continue to be very humbled with the love it's been getting from our backers and fans! It’s been great going on Twitter and our forums, reading your comments and experiences in the wasteland. There are quite a few creative custom parties running around Arizona and Los Angeles…

We’ve released three major patches since the last Kickstarter update, with over a thousand improvements to the game. The team has tackled things like major optimization passes, UI usability improvements, as well as tracking down bugs. Wasteland 2 is an incredibly large and complex game, with many moving parts, and we've been working down to the smallest details (including typos).

Many of the talented team members at inXile who worked on Wasteland 2 have moved full time on to Torment: Tides of Numenera, but we still have a dedicated crew giving Wasteland 2 the love and attention it deserves. Amongst other things, we intend to do a serious balance pass in the future that should tighten up some of the loose ends. This process will easily take a month to complete (have I mentioned this game is massive?) so we will need a solid window of time to complete it between updates.

Along with continued tuning of Wasteland 2, myself and a few others at the studio are beginning to work on another RPG that has been passionately demanded of us for a while now! It’s still quite early in the process, but we will have more news on that in the New Year.

Collector’s Edition and Survival Kits Shipping!
We are now shipping out the Collector’s Edition reward tiers! The process has taken longer than any of us would have liked and I want to again apologize for that. We are in the home stretch and these versions will be in your hands very soon! You will receive a shipping confirmation email when your box goes out to you, starting from today.

In the meantime, check out the collector’s edition. We think they came out great!

(coin and medals from Kickstarter tiers will ship with the box but are not shown.)

A large number of these boxes are being shipped to a storage near our office for signing. When they arrive, our leader inXile Brian Fargo, Chris Avellone, and a few core members will spend a good day or two signing boxes. We're using air freight to speed it along, but it will still likely add at least a month to the delivery process on the signed versions.

We took care of the Doomsday Preparation Survival Kits ourselves ($500 tiers and above). It was a lot of fun finding goodies to throw into the Wasteland-branded bag to help you survive and thrive during the apocalypse. They started shipping recently and will continue to be sent out this month, so expect them to arrive early-to-mid next month depending on where you live.

(Above, our den mother and VP of HR, Elene Campbell and myself are adding a little slice of love to each survival kit…at no additional charge)

A reminder that if you haven’t submitted and confirmed your address on the Ranger Center please do so ASAP. As well, if there are any issues with the delivery of your physical goods, please contact us there and we’ll get it resolved.

Ashen Rift
Another great looking Kickstarter caught our eye: Ashen Rift, a single player, first person survival game set on an earth transformed into an ashen wasteland. Give the video a watch and it well might tickle your interest! This is creator Barry Collins' second attempt at crowdfunding this and we're really hoping he succeeds this time.

Chris Keenan,
Project Lead (Still!)
Twitter: @rangerkeenan

I was faster than Infiltron . It feels nice! Buahahha

himmy

Arcane
Along with continued tuning of Wasteland 2, myself and a few others at the studio are beginning to work on another RPG that has been passionately demanded of us for a while now! It’s still quite early in the process, but we will have more news on that in the New Year.

I declare the wild speculation season open!

Most likely an attempt at a non-popamole Bard's Tale.

Last edited:

Cazzeris

I'd prefer a time-travelling RPG.

PS: Looks like WL2 won't get any combat patch wih aimed shots and AI improvements after all. Oh, well; I guess that it's time to hype again.

lurker3000

Arcane
Along with continued tuning of Wasteland 2, myself and a few others at the studio are beginning to work on another RPG that has been passionately demanded of us for a while now!

Fountain of Dreams 2 incoming!

FeelTheRads

Arcane

:hmmm:

So what are those passionate requests?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Was Bard's Tale so passionately demanded?

Although I can't think of anything else that was passionately demanded from them.

I passionately demand Arcanum 2.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Was Bard's Tale so passionately demanded?

Was Wasteland so passionately demanded? According to Fargo, fans always talk to him about these games. I dunno.

I've definitely seen more people asking for a Bard's Tale than for a Meantime, that's for sure. Hopefully inXile's guys can come up with something solid, whatever it is.

Cazzeris

Hey bros, if I remember correctly; this poll was posted on the inXile's forums some time ago.

Not sure if it's representative of what people passionately demand though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom