Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Is it going to be possible to continue the game with my old saves in W2 Director's Cut?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Finished Rail Nomads. I don't understand the complaints about loading screens...? I only had to enter the Atchinson camp once. Did a bunch of people keep going back every time they finished a sidequest instead of turning in everything at once? That's a self-inflicted problem. :cool:

SniperHF

Arcane
On higher difficulty levels the rail thieves fights in the Atchison area are the first real difficulty spike in the game. Going back and fourth is a greater possibility.
It's still not that big of a deal though.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There's only three of 'em and I have over 60 health packs. :cool:

Plus eight points in my weapon skills and 7 in leadership. Missing, what's that

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/125926819826/wasteland-2-day-1-at-gamescom-drop-by-at-the-deep

tumblr_nsm2l4G5ey1sqkv5zo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nsm2l4G5ey1sqkv5zo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsm2l4G5ey1sqkv5zo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_nsm2l4G5ey1sqkv5zo4_1280.jpg

Wasteland 2 day 1 at gamescom! Drop by at the Deep Silver booth (Hall 9) or ID@Xbox (Hall 6)!

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
How is that labeled PEGI-16 when the original release got a deserved 18?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Maybe with more voice added they reduced the number of lines in the game and by accident cut out some of the biggest offenders from before? :D

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Maybe with more voice added they reduced the number of lines in the game and by accident cut out some of the biggest offenders from before? :D

More likely they censored the game to increase its commercial viability on consoles.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
45 miles of walking and three days of press later, that was a good gamescom! Tiring but rewarding...

We will be able to use joypads now ?
Sure, controller interface will work on PC too, as well as mouse and keyboard.

That's not PEGI, it's USK, the German rating board. We had to get it re-rated everywhere but I believe it has the same rating everywhere (I wasn't that involved with rating work though)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Huh, that's pretty weird considering my understanding was that Germany was far harsher on violence in fiction than other European countries. They hadda replace the Contra guys with robots.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Didn't they remove children entirely from Fallout as well? It's crazy how Europe and the US are switched on sex and violence.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Huh, that's pretty weird considering my understanding was that Germany was far harsher on violence in fiction than other European countries. They hadda replace the Contra guys with robots.
Ratings can be an odd beast, different countries have different focuses, I think Germany is more focused on questions of hyperrealism than violence/rough language in a general sense. And it shifts around at times as well, the USK has changed its approach since the Fallout/Carmageddon/Contra days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom