Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking Witcher 3 vs Fallout 4

Which is more shitty Witcher 3 or Fallout 4?

• Witcher 3

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Fallout 4

Votes: 101 65.6%
  • Both are equally shitty

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • KingComrade

Votes: 28 18.2%

• Total voters

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I finished the game.

The FPS mechanics are shit even with all combat perks. You simply cannot aim properly because (!?) ... there would be no use for VATS if you could. I'm Supreme level in cs:go but I cannot hit shit in F4 because ... I cannot: fucking animation, teleporting enemies, clunky controls. I don't know.

I sided with the Minutemen which meant that the Institute had to go. And that's about it. The game doesn't even have ending slides. Just a pointless "War ...war never changes".

Anyway, I think Bethesda has killed Fallout for me. I will cherish the first two games (also F3:NV) and that's it. Bethesda cannot create anything original in this setting (even if Todd's life would depend on it).

Objectively speaking the game is on par with Witcher 3. The same MMORPG mechanics all over the place: quest compass/witcher sense, level scaling, respawning mobs and quests and so on.

I mean: Witcher 3 has clearly a superior story and quest design, Fallout 4 has crafting and that settlement abomination. Overall both games are offering the same mediocre experience. With some extra shit for Fallout 4 because nobody would give a fuck about synths.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Objectively speaking the game is on par with Witcher 3. The same MMORPG mechanics all over the place: quest compass/witcher sense, level scaling, respawning mobs and quests and so on.

Do you know that Witcher 3 doesn't have level scaling, respawning mobs and quests, right?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Do you know that Witcher 3 doesn't have level scaling, respawning mobs and quests, right?

Level scaling is in. Check your compass or play the fucking game.

Free-moving mobs (bandits, wolfs, so on) are re-spawning after a while (a couple of days). And even nest mobs are respawning if you don't destroy the nests.

But you are "correct" about the quests. At least missions in TW3 are unique ... I mean how many times can you use the witcher sense to solve a quest!? Or how many nests can you destroy!? Or how many locations can you liberate from bandits!? :)

The only difference between TW3 and F4 on this department is that: Bethesda was lazy enough to respawn the exact same quests while CDP made them 'unique' while the same.

However I will not deny that at least TW3 has several good quests: contract quests (not all) and story quests. That's why TW3 >> F4. But unfortunately not by much.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
That's why TW3 >> F4. But unfortunately not by much.
Thats a stupid thing to say. Not only are quests better in every sense and characters actually interesting to interact with. the world as a whole is actually coherent. Saying that the witcher 3 is slightly better after this is like saying that retarded games and not retarded games are the same, and all i can say to that statement is fuck you.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Thats a stupid thing to say. Not only are quests better in every sense and characters actually interesting to interact with. the world as a whole is actually coherent. Saying that the witcher 3 is slightly better after this is like saying that retarded games and not retarded games are the same, and all i can say to that statement is fuck you.

I'd say mechanically and systems-wise both games are equally terrible. But as for the world, writing, characters and quests TW3 is probably the best RPG ever made whereas F4 is the brown sludge at the bottom of the RPG pool.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I'd say mechanically and systems-wise both games are equally terrible. But as for the world, writing, characters and quests TW3 is probably the best RPG ever made whereas F4 is the brown sludge at the bottom of the RPG pool.

And you are a retard.

Shammy

Learned

Maybe not the best RPG ever made, but definitely a very solid game. F4 though... it will need a lot of changes to make it workable for role playing, and even then it's a bit dicey.

And Toro you really think TW3 is barely better than F4? You couldn't be further from the truth. :(

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Someone who calls TW3 the best RPG ever made has no right to use the 'retarded' emote on another person.

potatojohn

Arcane
Twitcher sucks. At least bethesda games have gameplay instead of being one long cutscene.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Interesting shit, I've been saying PST have been finally dethroned and TW3 is the best written RPG ever made since May. All the autists always freak out like autists do but I've never heard any counterargument outside edgy hurr durr.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
TW3 is an arpg with shitty combat... stillborn. No argument need be made whether the gratuitous amounts of boobies and weewees makes it gritty and mature.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Twitcher sucks. At least bethesda games have gameplay instead of being one long cutscene.

You're trying too hard to make it seem that playing F4 doesn't make you a dumbshit.

Bethesda games gameplay. LOL. If simulated walking is gameplay then interactive movies are gameplay too.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
[..]If simulated walking is gameplay then interactive movies are gameplay too.

Well, technically, they both are. Being/having "gameplay" doesn't mean they can't suck though.

I don't enjoy Witcher 3, but I don't think it's done badly, I just find it boring personally. I'd like to be able to enjoy it, because it seems to be very well done, but I just cannot play it, same for Witcher 2 (which I tried to play at least 10 times and never could after 10mins in). Based on that, I have no problem with other people enjoying the game, it's just different tastes on something that's decent. Same with D:OS, I HATE the entire fucking gameplay system, but don't think it's done badly, I just think it's gamey (yea, I know..) which is something I don't enjoy usually.
Fallout 4 base game is just done badly BUT I do enjoy the concept behind it. In this case, anyone thinking it's a good game is a retard, but don't mind if some people, despite that (and acknowledging the fact) enjoy it to some extend (including myself soon as I got a dozen mods in). The big advantage of FO4 is modding.

To sum it up, games I don't like can be good, I don't mind, that's a question of taste.
Games I do like can be bad too, I don't hide that fact.
But morons saying a bad game is good just to try and justify something is just that..moronic.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
TW3 is an arpg with shitty combat... stillborn. No argument need be made whether the gratuitous amounts of boobies and weewees makes it gritty and mature.

I know redding is teh hard but what part of "best written RPG" do you not understand?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
How can Witcher 3 compare to this?

yPcC7X6.jpg

meowout4.jpg

C'mon cvv use your fucking imagination lah!

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
[..]If simulated walking is gameplay then interactive movies are gameplay too.

Well, technically, they both are. Being/having "gameplay" doesn't mean they can't suck though.

I don't enjoy Witcher 3, but I don't think it's done badly, I just find it boring personally. I'd like to be able to enjoy it, because it seems to be very well done, but I just cannot play it, same for Witcher 2 (which I tried to play at least 10 times and never could after 10mins in). Based on that, I have no problem with other people enjoying the game, it's just different tastes on something that's decent. Same with D:OS, I HATE the entire fucking gameplay system, but don't think it's done badly, I just think it's gamey (yea, I know..) which is something I don't enjoy usually.
Fallout 4 base game is just done badly BUT I do enjoy the concept behind it. In this case, anyone thinking it's a good game is a retard, but don't mind if some people, despite that (and acknowledging the fact) enjoy it to some extend (including myself soon as I got a dozen mods in). The big advantage of FO4 is modding.

To sum it up, games I don't like can be good, I don't mind, that's a question of taste.
Games I do like can be bad too, I don't hide that fact.
But morons saying a bad game is good just to try and justify something is just that..moronic.

Finally someone talking some sense. I also liked Risen2, does that make it a good game? Nopes.

Also, while i hesitate to call Witcher 3 the best rpg ever made, i would say its one of the best in recent years and definitely the best written AAA title so far. Witcher 3 has mediocre combat and character progression, excelling in everything else. Fallout 4 has mediocre combat and character progression, fucking up everything else really bad.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Only with mods can you see its true unimagined beauty in action.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also, while i hesitate to call Witcher 3 the best rpg ever made

Jesus the redding skillz of the youngsters today.

Nobody's calling TW3 the best RPG ever made, at least I hope nobody does. As a game it's actually pretty terrible. Basically a 100 hour cutscene slideshow with mediocre combat, terrible character development and abysmal loot system. But the writing, quest and NPC design of this game is unrivalled in my mind and so far noone has been able to suggest a better written RPG.

Personally my best RPG ever made is Wizardry 7 and it looks like it'll stay that way for many years to come. But not in my wildest dreams I would call W7 a well written game. I hope this simple message has finally sunk in.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

I know redding is teh hard but what part of "best written RPG" do you not understand?
The part where it's not the best written RPG ever made.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Also, while i hesitate to call Witcher 3 the best rpg ever made

Jesus the redding skillz of the youngsters today.

Nobody's calling TW3 the best RPG ever made, at least I hope nobody does. As a game it's actually pretty terrible. Basically a 100 hour cutscene slideshow with mediocre combat, terrible character development and abysmal loot system. But the writing, quest and NPC design of this game is unrivalled in my mind and so far noone has been able to suggest a better written RPG.

Personally my best RPG ever made is Wizardry 7 and it looks like it'll stay that way for many years to come. But not in my wildest dreams I would call W7 a well written game. I hope this simple message has finally sunk in.

I maybe i expressed myself poorly. I didnt want to contradict your post, i simply wanted to state that the game has flaws and is no holy grail of rpg development before i highlight what the game has done right.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Maybe not the best RPG ever made, but definitely a very solid game. F4 though... it will need a lot of changes to make it workable for role playing, and even then it's a bit dicey.

And Toro you really think TW3 is barely better than F4? You couldn't be further from the truth. :(

I finished both of them and in the end neither one of them was outstanding. Just as a comparison, this year I had more fun with Dying Light, Dark Soul 2, I Am Alive, Legend of Grimrock 2 and Dustbowl than these two.

The writing and quests are clearly superior in TW3. But people are overlooking one thing: the game doesn't innovate shit and it's just a Bioware game done right. Whatever negative is applicable to the Mass Effects it can also be applied to TW3.

For example TW3 dialogue system is just a better looking dialogue wheel and it's fundamentally the same as the one from F4. Yes, the writing is way better in TW3 but you cannot say this is the best RPG ever when you don't even have full control on what your avatar is saying.

Then the game doesn't give a fuck about your choices and especially the ending is just pulling rabbits out of CDP's ass. At least F4 is more honest in this department because they don't even bother to implement ending slides (probably out of laziness).

But there is one department in which TW3 simply dropped the ball. The combat mechanics are completely shit: over-abusing powers and clicking buttons without any logic whatsoever. There is no rhythm and rarely a specific sign is required. On par with Arkham shit.

And this is unacceptable considering that TW3 is combat heavy and it was released in the same year as Dark Souls 2. To be honest, F4 shooting mechanics are mediocre but they feel way better than TW3. I cannot believe I'm saying this after I struggled with simple aiming in F4 but at least headshots are still skill based.

The world in F4 doesn't make sense therefore TW3 wins by default. On the other hand, F4 is cluttered with loot while TW3 world is cluttered with MMORPG shit quests. I somewhat prefer loot to retarded quests - less waste of time.

Anyway, I don't really care which is better. Neither one of them is providing a good RPG experience. Both games are mediocre, bland and fundamentally flawed. I understand why someone would prefer one over the other but honestly, I couldn't care less if I never play another Bethesda's Fallout or CDP's Witcher.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom