Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Special Edition

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
SKSE team are also going to be adapting the script extender to this edition it'll just take a few weeks after launch, then all the other modders can start adapting their SKSE-mods over.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Lots of mods use SKSE, though. I can't play Skyrim without Requiem; although, the maker of that is awesome and keeps it updated regularly.
Just it takes fucking months just to get some of these modders to update their shit. It took a while for some key mods to start adapting to USLEEP, some still aren't and you have to do that master swap thing.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I don't really like SkyUI; although, most definitely, tons of mods use MCM.

I use the SkyUI away since I play with a controller. One thing is for sure that Skyrim's UI is fucking horrible, even with SkyUI. It's a complete mess.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You play TES with a controller? Seems annoying.
A lot easier for me. As I said, Skyrim's UI is a complete mess to me no matter what I use. Just seems clunky as hell either way. XBOX's controller is really nice in my hands too, and this game isn't fast enough to warrant a mouse.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Do you play 3rd person? That could work but I never understood how in sweet baby buddha's name people can play 1st person games with a controller.
First person. It's not that hard, man. Don't be so dramatic. :lol: I actually think TES games work a lot better with the controller. I mean the entire inventory system is a fucking mess. Oblivion's was a lot better. Not even sure how they fucked it up that bad. People say it's because they were focusing on the consoles, but even then, Oblivion's inventory system worked a lot better with the controller. Never played Oblivion on the PC, though.

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The real question is, will there be a mod that adds FO4 style settlement building into the game?

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
The real question is, will there be a mod that adds FO4 style settlement building into the game?

Not really, well, with SKSE you may be able to get something close but there is a lot of background C++ stuff in the workshop system. Now, the old civil war system.. maybe. All those promised features such as burning down mills and it affecting the village economy were in development, they were all part of the original form of the civil war.

Man, there's so much stuff in there that just looks crazy, you could choose the holds to attack, each city had its own siege. Each faction had a point system where you could actually win or lose depending on what you did, you could betray your faction and suffer the consequences and a whole bunch of other things. You can see these things in the scripts, if you have the creation kit installed you can browse through the Civil War scripts and see how complex it got. It looks it got cut due to either time constraints or memory concerns since they still use the dynamic system in the final game. However, from what looks like a lack of time, they twisted the scripts in such a way to create this new linear quest line using the same dynamic functions, just with something done to them.

I say, 'something' as the scripts are hard to read (the main CWScript is 6000-ish lines alone), it's something that was brought through three years of development, with a variety of engine changes resulting in tons of obsolete scripting, strange hacks when they didn't have something at the time and just general craziness. I really hope that with a 64-bit engine people can make an attempt to restore it as it was meant to be.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Do you play 3rd person? That could work but I never understood how in sweet baby buddha's name people can play 1st person games with a controller.
First person. It's not that hard, man. Don't be so dramatic. :lol: I actually think TES games work a lot better with the controller. I mean the entire inventory system is a fucking mess. Oblivion's was a lot better. Not even sure how they fucked it up that bad. People say it's because they were focusing on the consoles, but even then, Oblivion's inventory system worked a lot better with the controller. Never played Oblivion on the PC, though.

Yeah, the UI is dogshit on pc, except, I noticed on a controller that once I started using the Left control stick to flick through the menus it did feel better, like an actual usable ui.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
DosBuster Someone already made the mid to put everything back into the civil war. Haven't been able to play it yet, as it makes my computer run like its a 1989 computer running Morrowind. Vanilla Skyrim is only a little better in that regard.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
DosBuster Someone already made the mid to put everything back into the civil war. Haven't been able to play it yet, as it makes my computer run like its a 1989 computer running Morrowind. Vanilla Skyrim is only a little better in that regard.

Civil War Overhaul is an attempt, the modder looked at the scripts and replicated most of what he could, however, not only has he not managed to restore a lot of the features such as building mines and farms (and capturing them for points) or any of the weird monster recruitment missions his mod will probably break your game due to well-known shitty scripting.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Civil War Overhaul is an attempt, the modder looked at the scripts and replicated most of what he could, however, not only has he not managed to restore a lot of the features such as building mines and farms (and capturing them for points) or any of the weird monster recruitment missions his mod will probably break your game due to well-known shitty scripting.
Very true. CWO will fuck your game up. That ApolloDownSyndrome also can't write a description at all. I only use his Fire and Ice Overhaul since it's a good, lightweight mod. I don't use anything else of his.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
He also overhauled dragons, I tried the mod, and it was alright. The performance to improvement ratio wasn't good enough on my potato, though.

it's something that was brought through three years of development, with a variety of engine changes resulting in tons of obsolete scripting, strange hacks when they didn't have something at the time and just general craziness.

You don't say.

Metro-Head-625x350.jpg

Obligatory by this point, really.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Settlement building was a mod since FO3, with ports to NV and TES V, old Toddy just took the idea and implemented it in vanilla.
The modders took the idea from the Raven Rock questline in Bloodmoon, so Todd wins this one.

dAb.

Literate
Fucking hell. So Skyrim modding goes back to square-one?

No. We know that there will be a specific CK version for SE, meaning obvious 64bit support in the CK as well, but that's about it. Pete Hines tweeted that all we'll have to do is load the plugin in the new CK and save it, which is probably entirely true for mods that do not require SKSE. For those that do require it you'll just have to wait a bit for the proper SKSE version. Also, the trailer shows that a number of flora records have been added and probably a tonload of static records as well, meaning that mods that alter the landscape [Open Cities, Helgen Reborn etc] could use a bit of rework. Scripted mods should work right out of the box, in no way Papyrus is going to be remade from scratch, otherwise they would break their own DLC. If anything, I hope they take the chance to fix broken functions here and there, such as the inability to add perks to NPC at runtime.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Atleast the ost is one of the strong points of skyrim...... unlike fallout 4 abomination that uses some crap 60s songs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom