Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review A Farewell to Dragons at RPG Watch

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: A Farewell to Dragons

RPG Watch had a wack at <b><a href="http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/a-farewell-to-dragons/overview" target="blank">A Farewell to Dragons</a></b> (aka Not the Time for Dragons aka Yet Another Wonky Russian Game) and shared <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=141&ref=0&id=247" target="blank">this review</a> with the world.
<br>
<blockquote>Due to the dramatically inept English localization, even being sure of the main points of the plot can be difficult at times, and getting any nuances is totally out of the picture. I’m a fan of many games where English isn’t the primary language, and I’m usually unfazed by rough translations, but this isn’t just a question of a few garbled sentences or even the often humorous misuse of words. It’s dialogue boxes that scroll through minutes of incomprehensible or nonsensical questions and answers, assigning quests that have you wandering cluelessly across multiple maps or have to be reloaded and redone several times because pertinent information is just not there. The old adage ‘Save Early and Save Often’ is indispensable here. About the only thing to be grateful for in these exchanges is the lack of voice acting.</blockquote>
<br>
The final score is 2 out of 5 stars.

flushfire

Augur
also, perks choices are random afaik (played on hard, don't know about normal) which is just retarded. unless you save & reload before level-up you may never get 'quick learner 1' (+10% xp) early enough for it to be of any use. i also never got the higher level perks (quick learner 2? some perks have numbers on their icon im assuming those are levels) with any of the characters no matter how many times i reloaded. add to that the lack of information on perk requirements (manual doesn't help) and you get a very frustrating perk system. im puzzled as to why they didn't just copy entirely from the classics they obviously took inspiration from. downgrade ftw

Eyeball

Arcane
AFTD is actually fairly good for a Slavic game. Looks nice, and it had pretty decent combat and skill systems too, plus an Arcanum Ripoff-type of vibe to it.

I couldn't get myself to finish it due to the unspeakably horrifying translation into English and due to the fact that the huge open-roamy worlds really had fairly little content to interact with apart from wandering monsters, but I thought it was a good effort all the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom