Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ad links in posts on my Codex

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
You don't need that to visit the Codex and it messes with various forum functions that require JavaScript to work properly. If you want an ad-free experience you can get it via a small donation which actually helps support the site instead of just being a leech and getting a free ride at the Codex's expense.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You don't need that to visit the Codex and it messes with various forum functions that require JavaScript to work properly. If you want an ad-free experience you can get it via a small donation which actually helps support the site instead of just being a leech and getting a free ride at the Codex's expense.

1177.jpg

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Surfing without noscript is like fucking a whore without a condom. And it is easy to allow rpg-codex scripts for your full add experience on this site.

EG

Nullified

You realise they can enable scripts with NoScript, right? o_O

Of course you do.

Time to burn your platter down and start from the beginning, SE.

Stabwound

Arcane
You're still submitting a ton of free content to the website which draws readers in especially via google even if you personally block ads yourself.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member

You realise they can enable scripts with NoScript, right? o_O

Of course you do.

Time to burn your platter down and start from the beginning, SE.

I just assume that most people who brag about blocking ads are generally clueless, not just in regards to their actions having consequences. There aren't that many exceptions to the rule.

You're still submitting a ton of free content to the website which draws readers in especially via google even if you personally block ads yourself.

Sure. Just like you're doing game developers a favour by pirating their games, because hey, you might talk about them on the Codex! Two for the price of none, couldn't be better!

Seriously, if you want to justify things like that, you can always come up with an excuse that'll work for you. That said, I'm sure many people haven't read this little infoblock on the Codex ads: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/ad-banners-about-problem-reports.11480/

Hint: they're there because they pay the bills, not because we like to annoy people.

EG

Nullified
Speaking of paying the bills . . . It's time for me to donate again. :(

EG

Nullified
Interesting how the malware behaves. Finally had to format and reinstalled Windows to kill it.

You have done well.

Unlike some others on this forum. (Khor probably infected you. :lol:)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom