Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AGDQ 2015

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Anybody watching this on twitch? Some runs are really uninsteresting; there was a dude doing Tomb Raider and he clearly sucked a the game and knew how to do nothing but uninteresting glitches.

Some of the harder platformers are actually pretty fun to watch, though, and you end up seeing interesting games you'd never hear of otherwise: They Bleed Pixels, Battleblock Theater, Kaizo Mario World and I wanna be the Boshi (this game is trippy as fuck and the run was actually funny - ended up breaking their viewer record from about 120k straight to 170k).

I also recall the composer of Banjo Tooie (?) joining in on a skype call for a run of the game which was pretty damn funny. And there's also the prospect of seeing someone choke live.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I usually have the stream running on my other screen at home. Muted most of the time because doing something else, but I tune in now and then. Will probably try to catch some of the Megaman runs and the one-handed(wat) Vanquish run.

The FPS block runners were pretty good, especially Dark Forces 2.

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
Do they still reward donators (and punish viewers) by reading out a message and interrupting the commentary?

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Yes. I don't feel I'm being punished though, it's usually a funny message or a cancer story. I'm amazed at how the runners don't lose their shit with the noise, talking and general pressure, but I guess that's just their hours of practice making a difference.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think the talking over runners has been toned down a bit this year. Atleast on the runs I've watched.

The Fish

Arcane
I think the talking over runners has been toned down a bit this year. Atleast on the runs I've watched.

You're correct. There's a new set of rules this year. Presumably this is in response to the event's increased popularity and the untoward behaviour of previous years. Here's a reddit thread on it.

Personally I think once you remove the unabashed autism of the thing it ruins the spectacle. Though I could never really watch as it was a little too spastic for my tastes.

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
4249, @TheFish

Yes it has been toned down. It's much better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom