Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Andy Warhol paints Debbie Harry on an Amiga

RuySan

Augur
HD should have been included in the A1200. And i have to agree with the "playing monkey island 2 on the Amiga was a chore". But I don't think ultima underworld was the final nail in the coffin. Doom was.

And BTW, I invite everyone to check my Amiga related blog:

amigamemoirs.blogspot.com

Enviado do meu ME173X através de Tapatalk

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
20.jpg

21.jpg

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Unofficial CD32/CDTV/Amiga Release - More! Lemmings

Ever since i played Lemmings for the first time back in 1991, its stayed one of my favourite games of all time. And whilst i enjoyed its sequels and spin-offs, the original to me will never be bettered. Sadly for the Amiga, the various level editors and clones over the past decade are only for PC's and Mac's meaning the Amiga hasn't had any new levels since the original games over 20 years ago!

Until now! I'm proud to present 'More! Lemmings', which contains 120 new levels to be played through, never seen on the Amiga before.
Fully playable with a Mouse or Joypad if you own a CD32, or Infared Remote or Mouse for CDTV owners.
Image32.jpg
+M

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Compiling my 1998 play list I was perusing the January 1999 issue of CGW, when I noticed a Sneak Preview of a game called Hired Guns. This "breath of fresh air" that "could bring a level of strategy and coordination heretfore lacking in FPS" can have FP views from up to four different mercs on the screen at the same time.
Sound familiar?
Anyway, I can't find the 1999 version (using the Unreal engine) on Mobygames, so I don't know what became of it.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
Compiling my 1998 play list I was perusing the January 1999 issue of CGW, when I noticed a Sneak Preview of a game called Hired Guns. This "breath of fresh air" that "could bring a level of strategy and coordination heretfore lacking in FPS" can have FP views from up to four different mercs on the screen at the same time.
Sound familiar?
Anyway, I can't find the 1999 version (using the Unreal engine) on Mobygames, so I don't know what became of it.
That's a lot older game. Is there a 1998 remake or what?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
IIRC the Hired Guns remake got cancelled.

There's a beta release of Hired Guns 2 out there that can easily found, maybe that's all there's left of it.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The thing is that the article didn't mention any remake. The journalist thought it was a new and original game, which I thought was funny.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I faintly remember reading about a 3D-engine based Hired Guns game on The Adrenaline Vault back in the day. They were wondering what relation (if any) it would have with the other game.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Question for oldfags in here, which is best atari-type joysticks in your opinion? IMO there's no competition, The Arcade by Suzo, fits the hand, the stick has imo perfect response, and so does the button, and if it breaks it's not hard to fix as the whole joystick is just a circuit board so you can solder the broken up connections.

I can't understand why Tac-2 was so loved, the buttons were fucking small and unresponsive, it was made cheaply and the stick was too small even for my hands when I was kid. It was also fucking hell to fix as it was nothing but leads inside.

Worship the glorious champion!
Suzo_The-Arcade.jpg

Mock the Crap-2!
Normal_tac2.jpg

RuySan

Augur
My favourite was the quickjoy megastar. That thing is beautiful and built like a tank. I still have mine and use it with emulators.

I also have a zipstick and don't understand why they were so popular while being an ergonomic nightmare.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I have zipstick, owned it from 1991 I think. I actually kinda liked it, but it's on well deserved retirement as it's been fixed many times. The cord had to be fixed at least once as it broke from the middle and the stick broke off once, which me and my brother managed to fix but it's been a bit loose from the mid-joint ever since.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
Question for oldfags in here, which is best atari-type joysticks in your opinion? IMO there's no competition, The Arcade by Suzo, fits the hand, the stick has imo perfect response, and so does the button, and if it breaks it's not hard to fix as the whole joystick is just a circuit board so you can solder the broken up connections.

I can't understand why Tac-2 was so loved, the buttons were fucking small and unresponsive, it was made cheaply and the stick was too small even for my hands when I was kid. It was also fucking hell to fix as it was nothing but leads inside.

Suzo_The-Arcade.jpg

Mock the Crap-2!
Normal_tac2.jpg
TAC-2 was great for sports games, such as Kick-Off, Player Manager, Tv-Sports Football and Speedball. I enjoyed playing it with it greatly.

It has a crazy asking price these days, funnily people may ask for it as much as for an Amiga 500.

ALSO, i think some TACs were USAmade, but then it got outsourced to somewhere in Asia. White edition all the way, ofc.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Suzo_The-Arcade.jpg

Mock the Crap-2!
Normal_tac2.jpg
TAC-2 was great for sports games, such as Kick-Off, Player Manager, Tv-Sports Football and Speedball. I enjoyed playing it with it greatly.

It has a crazy asking price these days, funnily people may ask for it as much as for an Amiga 500.

ALSO, i think some TACs were USAmade, but then it got outsourced to somewhere in Asia. White edition all the way, ofc.

Really? people are really paying that much money for those crapolas? I didn't like Tac-2 even for sport games, I never liked how crap-2 felt in my hands. Maybe they were made for manlet-hands :smug:

I was just checking out my C64, and it has C64G sticker on bottom, with dark/dark brown keyboard. Did a bit of googling and it seems to a bit of rarity, but some people says that C64G was never made with brown keyboard so who knows if the keyboard has been replaced.

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron

Suzo_The-Arcade.jpg

Mock the Crap-2!
Normal_tac2.jpg

Really? people are really paying that much money for those crapolas? I didn't like Tac-2 even for sport games, I never liked how crap-2 felt in my hands. Maybe they were made for manlet-hands :smug:

I've got short and a little stubby finger, so yes, p good for me.

Check out:
http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/tac-2-joystic-peliohjain/441210205

BTW, any idea how to connect an atari port joystick to a usb slot, are there cheap converters these days?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Suzo_The-Arcade.jpg

Mock the Crap-2!
Normal_tac2.jpg

I've got short and a little stubby finger, so yes, p good for me.

Check out:
http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/tac-2-joystic-peliohjain/441210205

BTW, any idea how to connect an atari port joystick to a usb slot, are there cheap converters these days?

Based on google search, there are several of those adapters, no idea how good they are or which are good.

Suchy

Arcane
A joystick that requires both hands? Bitches, please.

This was my fav back in the days
joystick_quickjoy_sv_126_01.jpg

Last edited:

Max Stats

Liturgist
This made me look up the third party 2600 compatible joystick I used with my c64, and surprisingly it only took a few minutes to find it was apparently called the Pointmaster. Nothing special but it was better than those things things Atari include with the 2600. These days I'd probably just use a Genesis pad if the game supported it (not even all Sega games do, even when played on a Power Base Converter on a Genesis). At friends' houses I always liked the one with the extra button on top of a ball on the stick, Wico, was it? The pointmaster only had a button on top of the stick, but no ball, just a somewhat form fitting for the hand style stick (but still not anywhere close to how form fitting a flight stick would be)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom