Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter AntharioN

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some low profile "updates" in the comments section on their main KS page:
Orphic Software on March 20
Being that we're on the verge of releasing the alpha (which should be out around the 31st of this month), it doesn't really make too much sense to do an update before then. Antharion has been frozen for a little while now so there just aren't any exciting new features or content additions to report on. We could do an update for the sake of doing an update but all we would have to talk about is the kind of minutiae that would put even the most technically inclined backer to sleep. I doubt many of you care to hear about an OpenAL .dll bug fixes or a vsync issue on older macs. Also, we've followed enough kickstarter projects to know that this one is far from "the worst" in terms of update frequency or substantiveness. Expect an official update very soon announcing the release of the alpha. And thanks again everyone for your continued patience and support!

mbpopolano24 on March 27
Well, you are wrong about updates. An official statement about the game should be mandatory to assure people you are still working on the project. [snip]
Orphic Software on March 30
mbpopolano24, we definitely appreciate your concerns...

It's our feeling that official statements should generally communicate something beyond: 'we're still alive.' So we've tried to stay on the side of only releasing statements when we have something fairly substantive to communicate.

Alpha is a very relative term. Every project is unique, some have long protracted testing phases while others, like Antharion, have short contracted ones. It really just depends on the project. Antharion is very much on the mature end of the alpha spectrum and is in absolutely zero danger of being released too soon. But I do think that your concerns are well founded, I can recall a whole host of Kickstarter projects that were released way before they were ready.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Their "feeling" is retarded. I've seen developers make updates about nothing and less, and backers ate it up.
Not that there's anything wrong with it- one of the main attractions of KS is close connection between devs and backers, feigned or no.

Passing up on that just because "there's nothing significant to report" is totally fuckin' dumb

Last edited:

almondblight

Arcane
Their "feeling" is retarded. I've seen developers make updates about nothing and less, and backers ate it up.
Not that there's anything wrong with it- one of the main attractions of KS is close connection between devs and backers, feigned or no.

Making regular updates is also a good way to keep yourself on track, so you don't spend 6 weeks fiddling with the numbers for the dragon fight or doing research on stuff that you have no idea if you're even going to implement. The idea that anytime spent reflecting on what you're doing is better spent just doing something to make the game is like the idea some managers have to not waste time planning things out, just start coding and hope you don't screw yourself over.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They made one about 9 hours ago.

Update 4/10/14 -- Alpha v0.8.0 Release!

Posted by Orphic Software

So we've finally managed to push the alpha out the door. Those of you in the $35 and up tiers should already have received two messages from us, the second of which contains the actual download link.

Bug Reporting and Feedback

We set up a new area in our forums called “Alpha Bugs and Issues” where you should post any bugs or issues that you might encounter. If you haven’t already created an account on our forums, please do so. Additionally if you have any suggestions or feedback please leave them in the “Feedback and Ideas” area of our Forums.

http://orphicsoftware.com/forum/

Alpha Limitations:

- no books

- no boats

- 3 out of 5 provinces are blocked

- levelling is capped to 10

- numerous dungeons are missing

- certain quests are incompletable due to province restrictions

- not all backer content has been added and much of it is contained in restricted dungeons and provinces

Known Issues:

- certain helmets and hats don’t display properly with particular character heads

- occasionally a wall, object, or monster may clip a player or part of her bow

- when vsync is disabled rain particles have a tendency to clump together

- older macs may experience performance issues while near certain inns

- minor ai pathfinding and navigations issues -- for example, monsters may double back before heading for their target or intended destination

- mac users: if you get a notice from OS X saying that the file is from an unidentified developer, go into system preferences->security and privacy and set “Allows apps downloaded from:” to “Anywhere”

- if your browser, os or antivirus software tries to warn about downloading or running antharion, ignore it

Gameplay Notes:

- lock picking, pickpocketing, alchemy, persuasion, barter, lore and foraging aren’t shared or cumulative, so when you try to pick a lock, for example, Antharion automatically uses your party member with the highest level in lock picking

System Requirements: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.6+, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5GHz, 1GB of RAM, 256MB VRAM (tentatively). We're not 100% sure about these numbers so if your system doesn't match up don't be afraid to give Antharion a try on the lower graphics settings.

Rewards and Add-ons Reminder

Several weeks ago we sent out messages for add-ons and haven't yet received replys from some of you so in the coming weeks we'll be sending out last call reminders for all remaining unclaimed add-ons.

What We've Been Up To

We've been working tirelessly to prepare Antharion for the alpha release. It's a pretty huge game with thousands of monsters, thousands of items and a couple of hundred NPCs (each of whom have some kind of scripted dialog) and making sure that all of these work as intended has been a fairly challenging and time consuming task. The details are bleak, it's basically an unending process of testing, finding something wrong, fixing it, testing more, finding more wrong, fixing that, then restarting and doing the whole thing over and over again. It's oppressive but we think it's paid off well.

The Future

For the next month to month and a half we'll be working entirely on preparing the beta for release. We'll use this time to fix bugs and bring the restricted areas up to par. The beta will include all of Antharion's content. Our release target is early to mid June which feels pretty realistic considering where the project stand today.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
2 months from now, then? Great!

Thanks for posting this. Somebody should tell 'em that making updates about lore and such would be fine as well.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Looks fantastic :)

Really seems to be an Avernum-styled game, only with buttloads more polish. If the combat will be more fun and less filler-ish than Vogel's works, then we got ourselves a winner!

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, beta is out. Let's see, here we go ...

Update #43 For backers only.

May 22 2015

Progress Update 5/22/15 -- Beta v0.9 Released!

We're thrilled to finally announce the release of Antharion's beta!

Bug Reporting and Feedback

We set up a new area in our forums called “Bugs and Issues” where you should post any bugs or issues that you might encounter. If you haven’t already created an account on our forums, please do so. Additionally if you have any suggestions or feedback please leave them in the “Feedback and Ideas” area of our Forums.

http://orphicsoftware.com/forum/

Who gets it?

Anyone who pledged $25 or more.

How do we get it?

To get the beta send us a message via Kickstarter telling us if you want a mac or windows build and we'll reply promptly with a temporary one-time use link that you'll be able to use to download the beta.

What's changed?

- Max level of 25

- All five provinces are unlocked

-boats

-books

- 98% of backer content

What we've been up to:

Prepping the game for you guys. It's a massive undertaking and making sure every little thing works as intended is a monumental task. Hopefully not too many things are wrong with it.

When will it be released?

Official release will come in either late June or early July.

System Requirements: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.6+, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5GHz, 1GB of RAM, 256MB VRAM (tentatively). We're not 100% sure about these numbers so if your system doesn't match up don't be afraid to give Antharion a try on the lower graphics settings.

Zombra

Patron
Scary+Excited+Kid+1.png

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! excited ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's the KS update:

Release Date + Pre-Orders
Posted by Orphic Software
We're excited to announce AntharioN's official release date: 7/15/15

We've also begun accepting pre-orders here on our website.

We'd like to thank everyone who's participated in the alpha and beta. We've gotten tons of useful feedback from you guys!

Upon release we'll provide all of our backers with download links and (or) keys. Then those of you entitled to physical rewards will begin receiving them in the proceeding week or so.

In preparation for release we recently revamped our forums and website, so check them out if you haven't already.

Now let's have a great release!

-Orphic Software

I'm really looking forward to this one.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, that came out of nowhere. The dev was oh so silent about this one, damn.

Still looking forward to it, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom