Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any way to see who's ignoring who?

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Everybody is ignored by at least one person.
I'm not. :(

You have your quest, now GO!

Mission accomplished :smug:
Thanks, Ed! Now I'm in that prettycoolguy tier of having one ignore along with VD, Meltdown and other monocle posters. :obviously:

Edit: Heh, you're right, Phelot. Ed, you're a shithead.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Yeah that's weird. Zed doesn't have the ignore while Crooked Bee does. Is she technically a mod?
She's not technically a mod. That's probably it, then. Staff members are ignorable, but mods are not.

It's like I'm a vampire without weaknesses! Come at me with your silver bullets, brah.
EDIT werewolf, not vampire. I dunno, whatever, mystery solved.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
hJZ6d.gif

:lol:

Also: Why would anybody ignore Prosper?

LundB

Mistakes were made.
On a related note, it would be great if you could put someone on ignore without hiding entire threads for which they are the OP. This isn't as much of a problem with dedicated shitposters, in which case you're only missing some crappy GD stuff, but it's recently become a problem for me in GG and GRPG :(

No, that would be an awful feature. If you're going to ignore someone, actually have the fortitude to ignore them, instead of 'ignoring' them, then reading everything they post anyway. Ignore lists are already childish, and turning them into an even more meaningless gesture would just make the whole affair even more ridiculous and pathetic.

In my day, we ignored people by just not reading the shit they write, not using some faggot forum software to let us pretend they don't exist.

...Now let's see whether that faux-butthurt was enough to get one of the prolific ignore-lovers to add me to their list. My rank is slipping. In all seriousness though, ignore lists really are pretty gay, the height of butthurt. Except when it's not even offensive, just spam, like TennisHero.

Gregz

Arcane
Octavius has 9 ignores? o_O

Did he have a blowout thread or something? I've always found his posts to be civil and insightful.

Edit: Oh I misread it, he's ignoring 9 people, that makes more sense.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Who's Doing the Ignoring...
#UsernameCount
1 Kz3r0 83
2 SCO 67
seriously SCO, what's going on with you? :decline:
Hint, that's a lie, I will let you figure out why.

Menckenstein, to face you all I need is farting.
Konjad, I will always ignore you.
And my ignore list will feel empty without Clockwork Knight.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I would love to know who's ignoring me. I'm only aware of SMA and hoopy at the moment.

On a related note, it would be great if you could put someone on ignore without hiding entire threads for which they are the OP. This isn't as much of a problem with dedicated shitposters, in which case you're only missing some crappy GD stuff, but it's recently become a problem for me in GG and GRPG :(

You take the cowards choice to use the ignore function, you live with the consequences BRO. I only want people who take the easy way out to be on public display so they cannot hide their shame.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I would love to know who's ignoring me. I'm only aware of SMA and hoopy at the moment.

You take the cowards choice to use the ignore function, you live with the consequences BRO. I only want people who take the easy way out to be on public display so they cannot hide their shame.
Yeah, and why not reintroduce the practice of posting hundreds of disgusting pictures in threads without any risk to be banned?
Curiously enough the people doing that instantly stopped after the ignore function was introduced.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Yeah, and why not reintroduce the practice of posting hundreds of disgusting pictures in threads without any risk to be banned?
Curiously enough the people doing that instantly stopped after the ignore function was introduced.

Yeah, because all 83 people you are ignoring have been posting shock images all over Codex without warning. :M

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath

Point taken. Running Fox now ignored.

**caveat: I generally agree that putting people on ignore because of their posts is some pussy-assed shit, but posting fucked pics is definitely a deal-breaker for me. Words is one thing...gaping arseholes and shit while I'm at work is a whole other one. I need my job.

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
honestly, if your moronic self browses the interwebs on the worktime you deserve to be canned.
just kidding, but if you browse without the s, than yeah, you deserve to be canned.

hiver

Nuke the retarded shit.

The rest... Complaining about being ignored again? tsk...tsk...
I only wish my ignore on someone would make all my posts completely invisible to them too.
This is just a half-assed measure as it is now.

dextermorgan

Arcane
It's like I'm a vampire without weaknesses! Come at me with your silver bullets, brah.
EDIT werewolf, not vampire. I dunno, whatever, mystery solved.
I'm pretty sure I can mix something up using a monkey and some grease that will end you.

Cassidy

Arcane
Finally a Site Feedback thread that served a purpose for a change: ensuring Running Fox will become an hero.

:hero:

Shannow

Waster of Time

No, that would be an awful feature. If you're going to ignore someone, actually have the fortitude to ignore them, instead of 'ignoring' them, then reading everything they post anyway. Ignore lists are already childish, and turning them into an even more meaningless gesture would just make the whole affair even more ridiculous and pathetic.

In my day, we ignored people by just not reading the shit they write, not using some faggot forum software to let us pretend they don't exist.

...Now let's see whether that faux-butthurt was enough to get one of the prolific ignore-lovers to add me to their list. My rank is slipping. In all seriousness though, ignore lists really are pretty gay, the height of butthurt. Except when it's not even offensive, just spam, like TennisHero.
There. That's gay.
Not reading stupid posts from stupid people and having a nice utility to skip past their posts altogether is not faggy. It's convenient.
You anti-ignore list activists sound like the right wing. If you want to improve life for the majority of people you're somehow against freedom...:roll:
That's a faux argument. "You have a different opinion than I do. You're a fag! You're against freedom!" :roll:

Do you guys actually have any arguments as to why others should not be allowed to use this forum as they want to? I can not read moronoc posts from moronic posters and not engage in moronic discussions with them without an ignore function as well (or nearly as well) as with one. It's just less convenient, but it doesn't change anything. Like in an RPG more options = better.

The ignore list, as it used to be, was near perfect. Quoted posts and opening up when one wrote posts were the only issues.
As Ed said, I'd like to see the existence of all threads. I also like to see whether an ignored poster posted, simply because threads can become very strange reading material if one is not aware of some participants of the conversation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom