Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any way to see who's ignoring who?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I can't be ignored.

No, seriously, I don't think staff members can be ignored.

They can. At least I am :(

EDIT: Oh, just saw your other post.

Do you guys actually have any arguments as to why others should not be allowed to use this forum as they want to? I can not read moronoc posts from moronic posters and not engage in moronic discussions with them without an ignore function as well (or nearly as well) as with one. It's just less convenient, but it doesn't change anything. Like in an RPG more options = better.

The ignore list, as it used to be, was near perfect. Quoted posts and opening up when one wrote posts were the only issues.
As Ed said, I'd like to see the existence of all threads. I also like to see whether an ignored poster posted, simply because threads can become very strange reading material if one is not aware of some participants of the conversation.

So you don't want to see a guy's posts, but you want to know that he posted something, and you also want to know if he created a thread, except you don't want to read the OP because you hate the fucker.

Sounds like it's more work than just hitting spacebar whenever you see their avatar.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The ignore-list is little more than an outlet for butthurt anger. "Punishing" people by putting them on the ignore-list.

It's so easy to scroll to past obvious bullshit an ignore-function is completely redundant.

Repressed Homosexual
The ignore-list is little more than an outlet for butthurt anger. "Punishing" people by putting them on the ignore-list.

It's so easy to scroll to past obvious bullshit an ignore-function is completely redundant.

Yep. Who cares, I just skip past the posters I don't like. All that ignore functions do is add more incoherency and passive agressivity.

hiver

I only wish my ignore on someone would make all my posts completely invisible to them too.
This is just a half-assed measure as it is now.
The forum would be very empty for you indeed.
That sentence doesnt make any sense.

Sometimes, yes. Sometimes no.
It depends on people. You know... they tend to be different?

Completely redundant? On this site?
And what is that "scrolling past" then ignoring?

If it works for you in all cases well... good for you.
I dont see a reason why i should be forced to read fucking retarded and completely dumbfucking posts around here just so i could figure out it is something i need to scroll past.

And i dont see any reason why i should accept this obvious expression of butthurt many morons exhibit about being ignored as some sort of cosmic law of truth as they present it and would wish to believe.

To me that is nothing more than a pathetic attempt at self ego stroking.
Let me guess, you dont agree?

Well, so what?
What does that have to do with anything?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
My ignore list is empty. I am kind of sad that hiver is ignoring me, since he's such a swell guy. I am, however, proud of being on DamnedRegistrations' ignore list, since I got there by making his butt hurt with a proper argument about Extra Credits being shit.:smug:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
There. That's gay.
Not reading stupid posts from stupid people and having a nice utility to skip past their posts altogether is not faggy. It's convenient.
You anti-ignore list activists sound like the right wing. If you want to improve life for the majority of people you're somehow against freedom...:roll:
That's a faux argument. "You have a different opinion than I do. You're a fag! You're against freedom!" :roll:

You're seriously complaining about 'faux arguments', and then trying to twist a discussion about a forum feature to fit some sort of Right-wing vs. Left-wing political thing? I hope you see how ridiculous that looks. In addition, I never said a single thing about freedom. I said it was childish and meaningless, that showing threads made by 'ignored' people would make it even more so, and that all it really shows is the height of butthurt.

Do you guys actually have any arguments as to why others should not be allowed to use this forum as they want to? I can not read moronoc posts from moronic posters and not engage in moronic discussions with them without an ignore function as well (or nearly as well) as with one. It's just less convenient, but it doesn't change anything. Like in an RPG more options = better.

The ignore list, as it used to be, was near perfect. Quoted posts and opening up when one wrote posts were the only issues.
As Ed said, I'd like to see the existence of all threads. I also like to see whether an ignored poster posted, simply because threads can become very strange reading material if one is not aware of some participants of the conversation.

You want to 'ignore' people, but you want to see that they posted, you want to see their threads, and you want to sometimes see their posts so that what you read makes sense.

That means you're reading a bunch of their posts anyway, which makes the ignore function even more meaningless than it is already. Instead of being used to ignore people, it's being used as an impotent method of 'punishing' posters you don't like. Meaningless? Yes. Childish? Yes. Butthurt? Off the charts.

Also, there's already a easy way to do exactly what you want: Just don't read a post when you see their name, unless you're in one of the situations where you want to read it. This is only less convenient if you don't think you have the rudimentary self control required to see that they posted something without reading it and/or responding. Lacking that self-control, and needing the forum software to hide their very existence from you instead? Childish. Doing that, and then unhiding their posts in order to read them anyway? Even more childish and meaningless.

Of course, easy as that is, you'd prefer DU or someone else to waste time programming a redundant 'upgrade' for the ignore function to do it for you (in a form that isn't more convenient in any significant way). Considering how much work it would be for someone else vs. how little it is for you, that is rather selfish.

Having more options is not always better. Especially when it's an option that takes extra work to implement, and is redundant to anyone with basic self-control. I don't care at all if people use it, but I do care if people ask time to be wasted 'upgrading' it when there are so many more useful things that could be done.

I don't care, nobody can butthurt me enough for me to ignore him. If someone's boring or retarded, or pisses me off, I skip the things I don't want to argue about or read, and voila! Our brains are a much more powerful tool for that kind of stuff than forum ignore lists (not to mention much more convenient). And every now and then someone of these boring or retarded posters provides some good laughing material/butthurt/drama, so I don't want to skip it! :smug:

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
:lol:
oh children
get a life

Ignoring someone is mentally an act of childish defiance. Its like that little girl that crosses her arms and puffs up. No! I wont listen to you! Nanananna!
She doesn't like something and yet she is powerless to change it. Hence she cant deal with it. She might attempt to change things but generally she unable for whatever reasons. Nananananana!
Now, the moral concepts of right or wrong or even cosmic objectivism dont influence this observation. The contents of the Thing that the butthurt girls doesnt like, dont matter fundamentally. What matters is the reaction.
Its typical of someone with a psychological profile of a manchild who plays with dolls for 12 year olds when he is hitting 30 to behave like that.
What you do get is a butthurt faggot with an irgnore list who internally justifies it to fit his brainwaves. Its a... circlejerk.
The convenience argument is such a justification.

There are very few people for whom a place on the ignore list is justified and then its not by the nature of the feature. Such a prestigious top place on the ignore list becomes a virtual ban. Those people are Prosper and Jim Profit. They are insane in the context of the Dex.

In my opinion, the bigger your genuine ignore list the less you deserve to live. I am not kidding.
In a such a free environment like the internet, your behaviour defaults to your true characteristic tendencies. And if you start with ignoring people who maybe say something slightly dumb or aggravate you for whatever reasons and the action you take is ignoring them...
It shows how much of failure you are as a human being. If it were up to me, I would try to euthanasia-away those people with 10+ ignore lists from the gene pool. They are potentially destructive characters.

There is also an argument to be made (not true, its already made and sealed) about a counsious and subconscious effect of confirmation bias in a selective environment like this one. But you morons like to suck each other dicks too much while larping. BROFIST THIS POST OLOLOLOLO

so please pleeease pussy ass bitches
fuck off an die
~3108

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The ignore function could be improved by placing a empty quote (or a "spoiler") when the dumbfuck is quoted. As it is now, posts of people who unwisely respond can get a little cryptic.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Nuke the retarded shit.

The rest... Complaining about being ignored again? tsk...tsk...
I only wish my ignore on someone would make all my posts completely invisible to them too.
This is just a half-assed measure as it is now.
Well, kzer0 seems to think it makes them unable to quote you or something. I don't know. Ask him.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Dropping all my text
Going down full throttle
Retardoland awaits
Like a genie in a bottle
Hurt in my butt
Faster as I go
I will never stop
I'm a derp torpedo

Energy of the trolls, head up in my ass
Wont stop till I get a ban, my butt is full of hurt
Down here in retardo, I am out of class
You are on my ignore list, taste the high-speed derp!

Edited for awesome.

It's butthurt trolls like you that sparked my curiosity. I think the world deserves to know which 36 people made you butthurt enough to throw a hissy fit.

hiver

gee ... what a gaping chasm you have dumbfuck... :lol:

Edited for dumbfucks.

It's butthurt stupid dumbshits like me that hope we can hide our gaping butthurts by trying to strawman it onto others. Especially on you hiver that give us so much of butthurt to endure. I think the world deserves to know how dumbfucking stupid, cheap, shallow, jealous and butthurt about it I and many of those 36 people you have on your ignore list are. Im also so a retard piece of dung who cannot put two worthy sentences together.

re-fixed for actual truth.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Such hostility. I guess I struck a nerve.
wpcj8.png

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
re-fixed for awesome truth.

It's cool how you fixed that to make it look like Ulminati is an angry third grader from the Ukraine.

P.S. Did you just put him on ignore or did you have to unignore him in order to see that post and then put him back? Just curious. Oh wait. I'm probably on ignore too so you'll never read this. Unless you unignore me real quick to see what I wrote.

Im also so a retard piece of dung who cannot put two worthy sentences together.

Sig worthy.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
P.S. Did you just put him on ignore or did you have to unignore him in order to see that post and then put him back? Just curious. Oh wait. I'm probably on ignore too so you'll never read this. Unless you unignore me real quick to see what I wrote.

Given the amount of people he ignores he'll have to browse the forums with an alt to read anything. Whatever offends his feminine sensibilities can then be quoted by his main account.

Im also so a retard piece of dung who cannot put two worthy sentences together.

Sig worthy.

Since I sparked the butthurt, I hereby claim it as a trophy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom