Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD site

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
quick and oh so dirty edit...
aoded.jpg

Another thing I noticed, on this one the AoD logo throws off and lessens the underlying image composition, where in the first one the arch mirrors and somewhat emphisizes the broken wall.

Way1and3r

Novice
I personally like the first one better, I feel as if it is less likely to reach out and poke me in the eye for some reason. Honestly though, I wouldn't throw a raging hissy fit regardless of which one you went with. Both give the distinct impression of "We know exactly what we are doing and are deadly serious about it." Two thumbs up.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I prefer the second one (symmetry ftw), but I agree something should be done about those ribbons. Fill them with ornaments, or rip them more, or both... I don't know, but imho they're too "empty" now.

Rulion

Liturgist
Both are great, but I'm more a fan of the first. Like has been mentioned before, it's less in-your-face, preserves the theme, and I prefer sidebars.

Llyranor

Liturgist
Ooh, I like the art. You should use more handdrawn 2D art in the game, rather than going all-out 3D.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Also, the menu is a bit sloppy and would probably work better as a horizontal version of #1
Can you explain that point?

Now it looks like the different menu items are written in chalk on a blackboard. Doesn't look all that good to me. If you go with a horisontal menu, it should be part of the brickwork or something - buttons similar to what we have in this here beloved forum - i e part of the structure around the actual page. I'm too lazy to sit down in photoshop, so I hope my point gets across.

Also, very nice colour-"correcting" done there on the background by HanoverF.

Dhruin

Liturgist
Very much like this last one - the line-art is very stylish and reflects the setting well. I like a side-navigation bar and this one is clear and well-integrated. The only "negative" I see is the columns take up quite a bit of space, although I don't see it as a big deal.

This is the best but otherwise, while I like the symmetry of the second, I think the first reflects the setting and I like a left-bar as mentioned.

Spazmo

Erudite
"Okay, here's two options, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE FROM THESE TWO."

"Yeah, okay, thanks for the feedback, here's a totally different third one that's way better."

Go with #3.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Going with the assumption that you'll cut out the dead space on the right of the first one, it gets my vote. The second one just looks to "busy" to me, with the ribbon, cracked white inlay, cracked read background, etc. That, and I prefer a sidebar for navigation. That way you don't have to worry about centering things. Perhaps if you were to expand the logo on top accross the whole page it would be even better.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Should be completed (don't confuse with ready) by the end of the summer, which is why I finally decided to get me a site. Websites are very trendy now and I hear that that internet thing is gonna be big.

Llyranor

Liturgist
Any updates on distribution methods? Any rough pricing estimate?

Have you decided to add Starforce?

RGE

Liturgist
Well, #3 seems to fit the game better, but the ones with colour looked more 'professional', as big games seem to usually show off their colours rather than go with artsy sepia and such. In other words, I think that #3 shouts "independent and barely funded hobby project" while the two previous versions say "Where's my patch, motherfuckers? I paid for a game, not for being a beta tester!" (with fanboys riding to your defense shortly afterwards). :D

I much prefer vertical menues though. You can always use the empty space below them for logos and links and stuff, right?

vazquez595654

Arbiter
#1 looks rpg'ish
#2 looks communism'ish (The Red Army)
#3 looks like it's for an anime style mmorpg

Human Shield

Augur
Artwork for the fucking win.

The first is like ancient stone, the second is like ribbons, the third is really neat also. Divided between 1 and 3.

I want more information about Iron Tower. How did you think it up? What is the business set up?

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Vault Dweller said:
Should be completed (don't confuse with ready) by the end of the summer, which is why I finally decided to get me a site.
Wait, what comes first... ready or completed? So does that possibly mean a beta may be "ready" by the beginning of summer?

Edit: Oh, and I like #3 the best.

Ivy Mike

Scholar
I like the 3rd one, but how will you scale the site do different resolutions?

Anyhow, if you're looking for a post-apoc feel I'd say that HanoverF's edit of your first proposal captures that feeling better. It might have to do with the color scheme. The 3rd one is a bit bright and looks decidedly more regular "fantasyish" compared to the other two. Making the concept art you used in the header stand out more might change that.

sirgoanga

Educated
I like the last one. When I first saw it, I was like "whoa, this is how the fall of an ancient civilization must have looked like". :)

AoD logo is too small and basically just floats in nothingness
I agree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom