Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any codex approved games that are actually good?

laclongquan

Arcane
I dont get why people so get their panties in a twist with The Kings. It's not like history doesnt have precedent:
The Scot roleplay girls what with their kilts.
The Swiss Guards still has their halberds.
The lawyers still wear the fake hair wigs.
The Mormons still have their polygamy (multiple wives)
etc...

Regent hairstyle and 50-era clothes is small potato.
(I dont know anything about Fallout3's vampire and dont care to enter it into equation).

Last edited:

resilient sphere

Educated
I know the OP is a bad troll but I've never seen anyone post a "Dark Heart of Uukrul is shit" thread. its got puzzles, dungeon delving, vaguely tactical combat, no crappy voice acting, the UI is clean and smart for an old game and it tries to kill you all the time. i think of it as the secret best RPG. guess you could complain that it forces you to have a particular party arrangement and abstracts the character creation if you really wanted.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Mormons still have their polygamy (multiple wives)
Nicktping correction: no they don't.
The conservative branch of theirs still practice it~
It's officially prohibited since a couple of thousands of years; so if it happens it ain't doctrine.
If some individuals who are Mormons accept polygamy is a different question I think. To say "Mormons have polygamy" is an inaccurate statement if you say it this way.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
If New Vegas is one of the best, then why Fallout 3 is bad? Why Skyrim is bad? Like someone else said here: you bash F3, yet you all consider NW as one of the best. WTF, really? It's basically the same thing, just some better writing and few other nuances. And DLC's are pretty terrible

Nigga, FO3 doesn't hold a candle to New Vegas. If the atmosphere was "moody" (read: city ruins and fog for your average Redditor) and crawling with Super Mutants to shoot at, it would be 10/10 to every Fallout 3 fan ever.

New Vegas blows FO3 out of the water in every single RPG aspect (traits, skill checks, less perks in a build but more varied, worthwile Science and Lockpicking skills, decision making, branching story, multiple outcomes to quests, quest variety, much better companions with deeper personalities and motives, better world building, unleveled world), story-wise (better written, more logical, more interesting), and gameplay-wise (craftable ammo & food & chems & upgrades, survival mode, sights, perks, more weapons & armor, no max skills or S.P.E.C.I.A.L).

Literally the only arguments people who love FO3 over New Vegas are:

- Better atmosphere (that doesn't make any sense for FO3)
- Better open world (that is completely disjointed and lacks any structure whatsoever)
- LIAM NEESON (even though his character is awful and the voice makes no difference at all)
- Super mutants (see point 1)

You won't find any "logical" reason to praise FO3 over New Vegas that isn't included in those 4 points, or that contradicts established facts (like people saying FO3's companions were better than New Vegas when they barely had any personality to begin with).

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
I can't seem to remember a single companion from FO3, in fact, i can't remember much from FO3 except the starting town with the nuke in it, and only cause i couldn't get over how fucking stupid it was to make a town around a nuke.

I can't seem to remember a single companion from FO3, in fact, i can't remember much from FO3 except the starting town with the nuke in it, and only cause i couldn't get over how fucking stupid it was to make a town around a nuke.
Yeah, that's pretty much all I remember too, except there was a quest to fetch the Consitituion I think, and the ending with that water plant thing.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
To accept troll bait,
All Wizardries I've played (1,4,5,6) are great and loved around here.
I'm not sure if it's overall opinion around here, but I just finished DOOM ep1 (not a crpg, but still) and loved every minute of it.
Fallout 1 is one of my constant replay games.
F:NV was a fun and good RPG.
So yeah. Troll attempt accepted.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Most games on the above list is at least worth trying, and and a lot of them is at least decent

Lol ur a retard.

Let me put it like that:
1 Planescape: Torment

Absolute utter shit

4 Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
5 Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
6 Vampire: The Mascarade - Bloodlines
7 The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
8 Fallout: New Vegas

Absolute utter shit

12 Neverwinter Nights 2 - Mask of the Betrayer

Absolute utter shit

14 Dark Souls

Who the fuck plays this shit

19 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II – The Sith Lords

guess what, shit

22 System Shock 2
24 The Witcher

shit

29 Alpha Protocol

shit

33 Dragon Age: Origins

shit

35 The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

shit

40 Icewind Dale II
40 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

shit

45 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
47 Anachronox

shit

47 Geneforge

vogel's shit

52 Drakensang: River of Time

shit

56 Deus Ex: Human Revolution

popamole shit

Almost every second game from that list is shit, codex has absolutely horrible taste in games.

Found a good game for you then.

250px-Box_NA_-_Super_Mario_Sunshine.png

Serus

Arcane
Patron
To accept troll bait,
All Wizardries I've played (1,4,5,6) are great and loved around here.
I'm not sure if it's overall opinion around here, but I just finished DOOM ep1 (not a crpg, but still) and loved every minute of it.
Fallout 1 is one of my constant replay games.
F:NV was a fun and good RPG.
So yeah. Troll attempt accepted.
You played Wizardry 6 and consider it to be "great" but haven't played Wizardry 7 ? There are some people who like parts 1-5 but not 6-7 but to draw a line between part 6 and 7 is a new to me. A honest question - why ?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I haven't played all the way through 6 yet and want to import my party at the end of 6. I'm sure I'll love it when I do play it.

Beggar

Cipher
I'm really interested how many of you consider Deus Ex: Human Revolution being a good game

I'm really interested how many of you consider Deus Ex: Human Revolution being a good game
I think I read actually some here who do.
I don't really, especially since it's totally lacking in the department of c&c.
But I've some more outrageous preferences: I consider Deus Ex: Invisible War to be a good game!

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

I played, on average, the same amount of DX and DX:HR. And the latter can't even compare. Not even the shiny graphics make its atmosphere on par with the original game. Plus it always feels like you are handholded through levels. Turning off the compass arrow is a pointless exercise since you basically have to break into every house you can find to get to that one NPC you need.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Ah the "everything is shit bitch" is in town. And everyone comes from afar to try and please her.

"This game, your highness, might fit your excuisite taste. It is of such high quality that the moon began to weep when it lay its eyes upon it, and so the stars were born"

"SHIT I SAY IT IS, BRING ANOTHER!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom