Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Auto ignore entire kodex by default suggestion

Bruticis

I think I might have just stumbled on to possibly the greatest kodex innovation since brofits. I'd like to see the site setup to auto ignore everyone by default for all users. Posters would have to earn the right to be un-ignored via various amazing quality posts and possibly some kind of quiz or feats of strength (each users individual discretion, of course). I'm still sketching out the details here but I just want to throw this up so we can whiteboard it and make the kodex a better, more healthy environment.
Also, if we look at this from a legal standpoint, you're not running a risk of a possible repetitive injury lawsuit down the road since the current ignore process is just to much clicking.

Bruticis

Raw, as a scientist I assumed you'd be smart enough to understand the white-boarding process. I don't have all the answers, that's why I posted it here so we could hash out the details.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Please do add 'ignore all' button. CDS has received report that ignoring everyone on the Codex but its members makes Codex look like it has intelligent life. I'm too lazy to just hit ignore on every post in "we hate ME3 so much we make over 9000 posts about it" thread

It's perfect when you think about it. Codex can be fixed without banning 95% morons on it!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
687 people on bruticis'es ignore list is an impressive feat. Someone ought to send him to RPGWatch since he clearly isn't interested in being here

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
I'm still sketching out the details here but I just want to throw this up so we can whiteboard it and make the kodex a better, more healthy environment.
Buahahaha. Why would i want to visit the site then?
Regardless it is a silly idea. Next.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bruticis is a stray child which lost its way from RPGWatch, please direct him onto the proper way.

Bruticis

687 people on bruticis'es ignore list is an impressive feat. Someone ought to send him to RPGWatch since he clearly isn't interested in being here
Ah and I thought we were friends after all this time. :(

P.S. I couldn't ignore you, it wouldn't let me. Curse the man!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Auto ignore entire Codex for Bruticis.

Make it impossible for him to unignore anyone.

THEN see if he still wants to make dicksmithing threads in SF :smug:

Bruticis

Auto ignore entire Codex for Bruticis.

Make it impossible for him to unignore anyone.

THEN see if he still wants to make dicksmithing threads in SF :smug:
I could live with that, the kodex would become my personal blog.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Can somebody please drag up that transcript of Skyway getting his ass handed to him and going into a rage during the first demo release of AoD? God that was laughs.

Also: Man, you've got to admit there's something incredibly momentous about the level of butthurt which would provoke a member into manually ignoring around 700 members. I don't want to say "impressive" because there's nothing less than sad about a couple of shitposters hanging out on chat loling to each other and thinking "Ha, we showed them who's what!"

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I only ignore about 21% of the codex apparently. There are even 4 people with more now (though i suspect 3 are making some kind of imaginary point).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nvm the real number is apparently much lower. There are 'actually' 11,697 members, i thought bruticis had got them all.

I wonder about the number of active posters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom