Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Balrum

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balconyteam/balrum

https://af.gog.com/game/balrum?as=1649904300

Balrum is an open world fantasy TB RPG with building, farming and crafting. For PC, Mac and Linux.

Possible low-budget :incline: (or euro shovel-ware) which doesn't have a dedicated thread here, so nto sure where to psot thsi update

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balconyteam/balrum

Looks promising, if they can deliver.

Update #33

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balconyteam/balrum/posts/643082

Update #33
Oct 28, 2013

Dungeons
Hello, everyone!
In this update you can see how dungeons will look like in the game! There will be at least another type of cave/dungeon wall tileset, so don't worry this is not the only design :)

Dungeon Art
Thanks to our great graphics team things are going really smoothly! Also, we just received the first demo track of Balrum's main music theme and it is amazing! :)

Have a nice day!

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Sooooooo...what happend to this game? It missed the estimated release date, that's p. much expected but there doesn't seem any updates or news for last three months.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It actually got Funded. According to the Updates, it is still in Beta. That cave art above is fucking sweet.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yeah, that last update was from July, and it's radio silence on all channels (Kickstarter, blog, forums, Facebook) since then..

Well, let me rephrase then. Is there any chance this is gonna get released? Or are dem dudes just spending what little cash they raised on booze and cheap whores?

Like LESS T_T posted, total radio silence since July. Not a good sign...but they do tend to keep long periods fo silence, then a quick burst of updates.

Excuse Me, while I ready my vaseline.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well, they broke the silence with a massive Kickstarter update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balconyteam/balrum/posts/1036755

It is way past the release date. Sadly we have to announce that we need more time. We need at least a few extra months. We don't want to release an unfinished product. Balrum has to be polished!

There is good news too! Balrum is getting much bigger and we are adding extra features along the way. The remaining chapters are coming along nicely and we have a big update for you right now.

We would like to ask you guys something. What do you think about an open beta for all backers? The beta version has been out now for a long time. We are way past the release date so we think that we should at least give the beta to those who bought the game but had no beta access.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Now they're aiming for a Summer release: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balconyteam/balrum/posts/1135168

Greetings dear backers!
We have another engine update for you before we release the content/balance update. Version 0.89_14.

The new version contains dozens of fixes and lots of cosmetic and small gameplay changes. Sadly saves are not compatible.
You can find the updated version at the usual place!

Things are looking good!
At the moment our graphics team is working on tropical art for the game.
We originally thought that we won't be able to have special “not truly needed” graphics in the game but it looks like we will be able to put in a lot more art! (people sitting at the inn table, children npcs, fat npcs, birds flying around, etc)
We made sure that Balrum has interesting and deep history and if you choose to read everything you find in the game you will be able to discover three thousand years of history.
In the beta there are three music tracks that play in the game (there is four but only three actually start to play). We hope that we will have at least 10 tracks at release!

We still don't have an official release date, but we are aiming for a summer release!

Back to the content update for us! :)

And as always.
Have a nice day.

groundhog

Educated
Thanks for the update, I was beginning to think this had died the death, so it's good to see it's still progressing.

28.8bps Modem

Prophet
Someone really needs to tell them that what they have there isn't an RPG, it's a Roguelike.

They could be one of the cool kids, but instead they're entirely missing their market.

This looks really interesting, I wonder why more Codexers isn't interested in it? Perhaps Terraria elements are off putting? Looks similar to Eschalon games. I really like what I saw, hoping the game will be interesting.

Andhaira

Arcane
I was following this back in 2012-13. Hopefully it gets released soon (summer is half over already)

Still good to see this and Antharion see the light of day. Still have to purchase Antharion, gonna wait till month end for that. (Till then Hearthstone and Nosgoth will keep me busy)

Aenra

This will sound petty, but anyone knows if they have a camera zoom-in function implemented or planned? Cannot into blind mode, everything seems way too far off as it is. Aesthetically, the game looks very pretty, don't see why everything has to appear so tiny; Example:

Balrum-Misty-Ruins.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom