Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best game engine for a Star Wars RPG?

mck

Cipher
mdickie's engine.

i have always wanted a star wars RPG where you can give darth vader a tombstone piledriver.

Crichton

Prophet
For an individual jedi knight/outcast/academy style game, I think nearly any engine with a decent physics system could be made to serve; though I think I would favor the engine used for mass effect (I like the limited ability to control henchpeople).

For a party-based game, it's a tall order; you really need an engine that deals with cover appropriately to avoid KotOR-style point-blank firefights so most fantasy engines are out (IE, NWN2, GoldBox etc). On the other hand, you need to be able to bolt on a pretty robust magic system. Neither of the Shadowrun Returns campaigns has great gameplay but I think that engine is probably the best fit of what's out there. I've heard that there was a fantasy game made in the Silent Storm engine based off of some shitty Russian movie (called Nightwatch or somesuch); that might be another possibility but I never heard anything good about that game.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, this exists:
StarTrekFTLMod.png

Dunno if it's any good though.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Gamebryo, and yes, fuck you fags, there is no better open world engine and I don't care that it looks fugly.
Actually there are engines that let you open doors without loading.

Yeah, like the 13 year old Gothic 1. Fuck TES and its doors which are mere textured trigger points for a cel transition. What shit.

Deleted member 7219

A Star Wars RPG would work well in the Unreal Engine. Imagine a game like the Batman Arkham series, where instead of grappling up walls you Force Jump and Force Run instead.

Drax

Arcane
That wouldn't advance the medium, you ignorant plebeian. The indisputable best choice is the Pussy Engine that powers the Citizen Kane of Gaming: Depression Quest

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom