Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Doktor Best

Arcane

Beware headphone users, primates who are playing this are laughing very aggressively

Deleted member 7219

Beware headphone users, primates who are playing this are laughing very aggressively

The people playing are absolute fucking retards, as are the animators and the producers at BioWare who let it go out like that.

Freddie

Savant
So there's lag / synchronisation issues. Netcode might be bugged what comes to creating games. Great.

How grindy it's exactly in comparison to ME3 MP? What comes to cooperation, well that happens in pugs. Is soloing missions still possible? One thing I liked was developing from being carried to being a carrier. That said, my reflexes are of course even worse than few years ago, so team aspect is kinda important.

Warframe, I tried it after I read that it's similar to ME MP, but for me it lost it's charm pretty fast. After few levels it was basically optimization, grindy like hell, I recall someone who had like 30 Loki helmets... Way worse drop rate for useful things than ME3 MP. Some cool concepts and some effort to make it real in mission design, which however fell short because they weren't developed but just thrown in the game. I could go on with the list but to make it short, I'm not autistic enough. Not my cup of tea.
If ME3 MP was your thing I guess you'll like this one as well. As has been said already it's very similar.

When it comes to grind it's about the same. You get up to 10k credits for a bronze mission while in ME3 you would get about 17k. The missions are slightly shorter I think. There are only 6 + 1 waves in MEA compared to 10 + 1 in ME3, but they take a bit longer in MEA. Crates and their prices are identical to ME3 from what I remember.

Enemies are quite bloated but also more mobile then the ones from ME3. Melee is pretty powerful, but equipping a decent sniper rifle allows you to carry pugs all day long. No idea about soloing, never saw a point in doing that. Even if the team is usually just bunch of vanguards charging into your crosshair they occasionally revive you when you get killed during an extended lag.

Personally while I briefly enjoyed ME3 MP with my mate it was hardly interesting enough to keep me playing for more than about 2 weeks. I played MEA MP since the trial release and I already lost interest. I gave up on singleplayer (for now) even earlier though. While I haven't finished it I pretty much fully agree with everything cvv wrote.

As for Warframe, I can't stand it anymore because of the insane grind/repetition factor. I used to play it over a few periods during the years and it definitely seemed more sophisticated than ME3 MP, which to me felt like an afterthought.
What I think made ME3 MP such popular was combination character / gear progression, pace of game, mission objects, map design, variety of enemies, and player had option to develop in character creation (different builds) and combat abilities, roles actually meant something. Yet you had a lousy team, you topped the score board with engineer easily. Get good with game, top the score board with level 1 character. I saw some guys doing it with level 1 soldier and Predator. There was this thing being easy to learn taking part in team, yet way to get better, if not for other reason but for why the hell not and all this for one or two matches on few days a week, 20 to 40 minutes of time. I did grind on weekends though.

I think that people tried to solve the problem, same as I, we bought this damn game which turned out to be disjointed mess, and wanted return to our investment, was huge factor that it got so popular, because it indeed felt like it was there because EA wants MP in every game, so here is something.
Then, I don't recall for sure how many expansions it got, 4 at least I think. Though we didn't get that many new maps, expansion managed to keep it fresh. Player base was also very different. Where BSN otherwise, well... let's just not go there. MP community however was a riot, and a good one.

I have been between the two if I get this one day for bargain price, something like € 5 - 10, if MP is good enough and of course still alive. Well, let's see how fast this ends in that price slot.

Hellion

Arcane
Ragequit.gr's review for the game is up. Not as damning or Codexy as the Numenera one, but it raises a few critical points.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ragequit.gr's review for the game is up. Not as damning or Codexy as the Numenera one, but it raises a few critical points.

This is the best review I've read. Instead of obsessing with the placeholder animations it points out the real problem with this game:

We have a whole new galaxy, we essentially play with no established rules, the only limit is our imagination, we have so many possible issues to explore (weird and wonderful new creatures, xenophobia and racism towards both the local civilizations and the Initiative, cruel power plays between the Initiative's leaders, alien diseases, even plotlines that could spring from the Pathfinder being a selfish and power-hungry bastard rather than Space Jesus - the possibilities are literally infinite)... and in the end we get the typical BioWare cliches, typical bipedal ape-like enemies, cute and cuddly pink-purple friendly aliens, and the writers' zeal is spent on "Stephen that became Hainley and this feels good, feels right" or on lore-breaking lines about "Asari gravitating towards male or gender-neutral pronouns". And all this took 5 years and 40 million dollars to create.

Yes, hundred times this. Exactly my thoughts as I played the game.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
"It's shit 7/10"

7/10 is 2 is really 2/5 Comrade as the five is added to all revues to not appear too controversial which btw speaks a lot about ''culture'' so afraid of being properly judged and where everything is set up to Mammon forbid not rock the boat.

Last edited:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
"It's shit 7/10"

7/10 is 2 is really 2/5 Comrade as the five is added to all revues to not appear too controversial which btw speaks a lot about ''culture'' so afraid of being properly judged and where everything is set up to Mammon forbid not rock the boat.

Indeed. Anything aproaching 5/10 for an Activision, Bethesda, EA game is recoiled from. Backlash from the big publishers is only a particular concern for the big publications that depend on advertising and freebies but smaller sites also do this so as not to alienate their readers too much and to curry favor as they too most likely hope for scraps from the big boys' table. Just take a read of the actual reviews and often they are supremely critical, yet the final score is 7-8/10!

Last edited:

Padzi

Arbiter

The people playing are absolute fucking retards, as are the animators and the producers at BioWare who let it go out like that.

Yeah, why would you make a race that is known for having short arms and fighting from headbutting, headbutt each other. Clearly the superior decision is to make them fight using Kroganjitsu. No body will notice anyway. Animate it boysss.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, you can only do so much with 5 years of development and a budget of 40 million dollars:roll:

If you think all those Corporate Diversity Summits and Inclusivity Training Sessions are cheap and/or short you probably need to be dragged through a couple of them yourself you ape.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I'm revising my opinion of this game. I have a bunch of little quests with no lquest markers. It wants me to waste time driving all over the place hitting little Andromeda-Collectors over and over and over and still not find what the fucking quest wants like bugs or dead colonists.

I still think this game still has the best rpg systems out of all 3 - I find it hard to believe anyone would disagree with this.

I still think this is Mass Effect Canada. What if Shepard was Canadian and Ashley Williams was Canadian and everything was super Canadian and nice? We have to get rid of all this hostile military hard guy stuff and replace it will nice and Canadian themes. Eh?

I dislike my guy. I loved my Shepard. I also dislike my whole crew more than I disliked all my crews before. I dislike the setting. The premise had promise but the Andromeda-Collectors is overplayed and dumb, same with remnant shit, same with Aboriginals.

I really dislike the mission set up. I didn't mind it that much in DA:I, but I also didn't like any of the rpg systems in DA:I.

This game seems like a Mass Effect 2 to me but instead of stripping rpg systems they actually put effort into them. This is the first Bioware game that did in my opinion. But, it is all crazy and not sensible just like ME2.

I'm hoping this leads to a new series where they can get back on track doing what Mass Effect did awesome and let me create a character that looks tough and can be played like a normal soldier and tough and kick ass and take names and save shit the American way - not this Canadian bullshit softy hippy crap. Just go another 600 or 4k years in the future of Andromeda and get past this Canadian phase.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
I'm hoping this leads to a new series where they can get back on track doing what Mass Effect did awesome and let me create a character that looks tough and can be played like a normal soldier and tough and kick ass and take names and save shit the American way - not this Canadian bullshit softy hippy crap. Just go another 600 or 4k years in the future of Andromeda and get past this Canadian phase.

Once upon a time the European colonists braved the harsh winter conditions and then some of them settled in what is now Canada. Then in WWI and WWII we were some of the greatest bad asses around (storming the beaches of Normandy and Dieppe when the English couldn't even get in). Now we're more worried about political correctness and environmental issues we don't have. Not only was MEA made under the second-rate Bioware studio, it's also a reflection of the current state of affairs in the country, shit animations and all. :(

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Once upon a time the European colonists braved the harsh winter conditions and then some of them settled in what is now Canada. Then in WWI and WWII we were some of the greatest bad asses around (storming the beaches of Normandy and Dieppe when the English couldn't even get in). Now we're more worried about political correctness and environmental issues we don't have. Not only was MEA made under the second-rate Bioware studio, it's also a reflection of the current state of affairs in the country, shit animations and all. :(
So you're saying the real criminal here is Trudeau?

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron

Cuckolds are a crime against humanity.

Vorark

Erudite

Well, the weirdness is expected by now. However, YouTube considers these as related videos:

- Return to #POLISHMOUNTAIN | The Clear Adventure | 100+ Coats of Nail Polish

- Notice Me Senpai - Yandere simulator animated

So, according to Youtube, MEA is some weaboo simulator in which you must journey across the galaxy, in a clear adventure to uncover 100+ coats of nail polish. Ultimately, you must climb and conquer the POLISH MOUNTAIN so that Senpai will finally notice poor you.

Makes sense.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

It is very convenient when your political opponent 'happens' to be a criminal, especially when similar things done by politicians you support are ignored/excused.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom